Reviews for Adventures of an Imperial Pilot
machievelli chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Posted 28 September 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but had problems last year so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. But you on fanfiction deserve your reviews, even if I am running late. But I'm catching up as you read this!

Pre The Force Unleashed: The young Juno Eclipse gets her chance as a pilot

The intro is interesting, but until I can find a computer (Or upgrade this one; fat chance) I have never played TFU.

This is an example of what is called Patronage in the military. You get your position, in this case, entry into the Academy as a cadet because someone higher in rank, whether social or military, decides you deserve it. While almost all of the cadets in the modern Federal Military Academies here in the US are run this way, all of them also have slots held open for very special people; the children of men who have won the Congressional Medal of Honor.

I wished I had a chance to read further. As I said, the intro itself was interesting...
DOC HOLIDAY1969 chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I really have enjoyed reading your stories, and look forward to reading many more of your work.
PadawanMage chapter 7 . 4/9/2009
Ah, I almost thought we'd see a certain female Sith Lord show up. ;-) Still a nice homage to KOTOR.

Love this story and I hope you continue!
PadawanMage chapter 2 . 3/24/2009
Damn, poor Juno! I get scenes from 'Full Metal Jacket' from some of the passages here. They really do tear you down and then build you back up, don't they?

And Klaus gives me the creeps...
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Alice, I am SO sorry I didn't see this story before! The site NEVER sent any story notification so I didn't even see it till now! I feel even worse since you said i was the inspiration!

Anyway, I will definitely read and review soon. I like it so far.
Valid User Name chapter 7 . 12/30/2008
well written... if short and not very eventful. nice reference to KOTOR although with all its flaws I prefer the sequel.
Jen DeClan chapter 7 . 12/30/2008
What an ultra cool way for Starkiller to one, get his code name and two learn the reverse grip that I thot was so cool. You shouuld have him fight Revan-I was worried "Juhani" was going to really do some serious damage. Thanks for the update-awesome as always. I feel so sorry for him when Vader appears-his fear is palpable. Do us all a favor and deviate from the canon ending. I HATED it-both versions! That's the wonder of fanfic, right? Arigato, Kendoka-san.
Thug-4-Less chapter 7 . 12/30/2008
Nice job linking up KOTOR with SW:FU (I love those initials) to an interesting origin to StarKiller's preferred dueling style. PROXY must be a helluva droid to be able to effectively mimic Jedi fencing skills.

"As his arm returned to life, he tried to simulate that reverse grip, but moving his hand in the air." -That sentence confused me a bit.

I don't have much to say, the chapter being so short, except that it's good to have another chapter despite its length.

Have a Happy New Year!
Thug-4-Less chapter 6 . 12/13/2008
Oh, mysteries do abound.

The lightsaber battle with Vader and StarKiller was sweet. So was the scene with Juno and her dog. I feel bad though, because I have this gut feeling Juno's good times with her dog can't last forever. I probably played Fable2 too much.

Heh. P90X. I'm scared of you now.

Thanks for writing.
Thug-4-Less chapter 5 . 12/13/2008
Excellent fight with Opal and Juno! You imbue every scene that has The Apprentice in his training facility with a great deal of emotion. I can really feel the isolation when I read those parts.

Great job!
Thug-4-Less chapter 4 . 12/13/2008
You really know how to twist the damned dagger with your W/N's, don't you, KG?

Starkiller's part was moving in that way that only violence moves me. The little interlude with the Emperor and Vader was chilling. Juno's a damaged piece of Imperial tyranny in training but all the more endearing for it.

Excellent work!
Thug-4-Less chapter 3 . 12/13/2008
Man, I can only imagine how the early Empire was full of douchebags and I think you've hit the nail right on the head. Chilling how the Professor and the Commandant are nonchalantly discussing the psychological molding of men into cogs.

“We start here. Make the room will be inspection ready and then we move down the hall.” -The second sentence needs a little work. Maybe the 'will be' was accidentally added. I know how that happens.

Thanks for writing and on I go to the next chapter. WHE!
Thug-4-Less chapter 2 . 12/13/2008
You've gotten better at writing short, compact descriptions of character clothing, environments, etc. It's definitely eerie reading about the subtle, and not-so-subtle, indoctrination Juno is going through.

There were a couple of errors I noticed.

"...her uniform was perfectly fitted and her hair perfectly in place" -This one's not really an error but it would look better if you replaced one of those perfectlys with 'precisely' or something of that manner.

"They would live together and train together and be was one." -The last part of the sentence threw me but I think you meant the was to be an as.

Normally I wouldn't even mention this stuff but I've been doing a lot of beta-reading lately so I figured I'd point it out.

Thanks for writing and on I go to the next chapter.
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
I have not played Force Unleashed at all but I am excited to see what you can do with it, KG. A very tantalizing opening.
Teh One chapter 6 . 12/9/2008
Oh noes! Something bad is going to happen I bet. I dont see any problems with grammar or anything, so keep up the good work!