Reviews for A Wicked Accent
MalikaiDragonSlayer chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
"You are amazed when traveling out of town that people who work at McDonald's actually speak English." OMG I thought that was only me! I have never not said down the cape, six inches of snow IS nothing especially considering last winter and the fact that some places had a Nor'easter just last month. Iced coffee is the drink of champions to most people and I'd probably agree with them if I drank coffee. We really do take out a crap load of letters in Worcester. Funny thing is, my Latin teacher was just saying if he had to take out a letter of the alphabet he'd take out R some said "Well how would you say rabbit?" and he said, "Bunny." Any way awesome story, Bostonians can only be understood by Bostonians and that's why we're wicked awesome.
Aislinn Graves chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
ROTFLMAO. Ok just to clarify. *I* am from the south and talk more like Ezra and Vin ( born and raised in South Carolina, Tenn. and Texas ). However I LIVE in New Hampshire now and have for the last 4 years and this story is wicked good. LOL. This sounds exactly like my friends. And even though I have only lived in New England a few years I found myself laughing at the list and saying yep, done that... :D Thanks for the wonderful story. NEED MORE!

Hugs
Marmie1955 chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Great. Now I gotta clean my monitor. I was eating a Samoa cookie when Vin said, "Yup, don't get it." Coconut in everything. Dang.
Terry Kay chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
Luv'd this! My early childhood was spent w/Granma in Medford. I had 4 sets of relatives living within 2 blocks! Not to mention an uncle in Billerica!

Thank you! Terry Kay
Karma22 chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I had a roommate who was from Boston, and usually he toned the accent down, unless he was talking to his friends or family. The kicker is that he was also Greek, and hearing him talk Greek with a Boston accent was probably the most fun i have ever had. I love the boston accent. And i loved the story, but i was wondering. Are you going to do a sequel and have Buck get JD drunk? I want to hear his accent, and i would love to see the guys actually meet Jinx. It would be hilarious? So any plans at this time for that?
violette chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
As someone who grew up in New Bedford - a.k.a. "Noo Beffid" - and now lives in Billerica - sometimes called "B'rica" by locals who grew up here - I can totally appreciate this. My friends and I send those kind of lists around all the time. I don't have much accent myself, but my friends from Somerville and Medford can lay it on pretty thick. Wicked pissa indeed ;-)
Claddagh chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Just wanted to say, how much I loved this. It's 5:00 in the morning, I am leaving soon to go to work, and I am freaking out my family because I am laughing my you know what off! I grew up in New York, and had some friends from Southy, and oh my god this was so them! It was like I was talking to them. I cannot get over it.

Well done, and thank you for starting my day off with a laugh.

Claddagh
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Wicked fun! Hee hee And I didn't get most of it at all.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Hee! Very funny fic! Nice look at JD and explains why he doesn't have an accent in fic. The list was a hoot, especially as JD explained it. I'm sure Buck will get JD drunk and talking about cars as soon as possible. Loved the attempted chair prank and how fast Ezra figured it out. His rebuttal about never saying he was fun was perfect. I think Jinx would have a great time with the guys and maybe Vin might get it. This was a hoot! Thank you kindly for sharing this.

Hee!
Nantalith chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
I am so with Vin on that but laughed out loud at the end :)

I will confess to never noticing that he lacked an accent...
katfairy chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Heh. Done more than a few of these myself. I'm a Mainer, lived in MA for nine years, and sweet zombie Jesus did a lot of that sound familiar.

Two things- the way you spelled the pronunciation of Haverhill could be pronounced hav-rill; it's actually hay-vrill. Also, it's Plimoth Plantation.

Great story, though. I can just imagine why Ezra was taking notes; I wonder how soon those things will show up in an undercover persona?
shannbooks chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
I liked your story. I have received an email like that for my part of PA and it is so true that people from other places don't always get what is local. Great Job on your story.