Reviews for Red as The Skin
Korrasami Supporter 985 chapter 1 . 6/8
So here we are now, all these years later.

If I remember correctly I read this fic not long after seeing the Clone Wars movie in 2008. That would've made me thirteen or so. Even then your prose struck me as excellent, and Vader's dialogue seemed really on point.

I favorited the story and moved on. I'm pretty sure I haven't read it since. Then, today, while I was reading info that pertains to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I thought about Ahsoka and how her story must end. Then I vaguely remembered this fic. Seven years later, and I still remembered.

Between first reading this fic and today, I must have read (if I'm being generous) two million or so words of fanfiction from all sorts of different fandoms, and I can't be sure how many words of actual, published novels although I've little doubt that the number is higher. And through it all I managed to remember this less-than-2000-word fic that I read as a child.

Seriously, great story.
Glint Of Madness chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Damn...Just...Damn, I have so much to say but I just can't say it. This story really hit deep down when it got to the final part of the story...I just really can't handle my emotions right now after reading this. Five stars bro, Five stars...
Nelarun chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Perfect. So beautifully tragic.

Nela
I'm-Reading chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Aw. It was soo sad. I was sitting here hoping that maybe Vader would leave with her, even though I knew he wouldn't. A touching look at the insides of the enemy!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
A great story. Very good.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Great story! Poor Ahsoka... Poor Anakin... Thanks for writing this. It was awesome. God bless!
Hyper Alchemist chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
This one is cute in a sad way...

i love how she still believes in him even after he becomes vader, i'm guessing its just how student teacher relationships are supposed to be...

anyway, it's a tear jerker, let me tell ya, or maybe it's just cuz i'm on my period...

lol. ANYWAY!

GOODJOB!
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Good. You bring up some interesting contradictions-Vader's callousness toward space (I always thought Anakin's statement about visiting every world from episode 1 was haunting in context) and his desire to feel what he cannot, and your prose is very good.

"determined to finish it all here and then." 'here and then' is a jarring, non-colloquial construct; howabout 'here and now' or 'then and there'?

"‘’I expected better from the pupil of Anakin Skywalker.’’" Owch. Nice. Vader's really bitter.

I really like some of Vader's dialogue-"Or is your resolve so...fickle?"

Make sure you put punctuation at the end of each line of dialogue.

Good. The last line is striking. You do Vader's thought processes well throughout.
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
THANK YOU! I was tired of being the only one with a story where Ahsoka dies. :)
Darth Comrade chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Whoa...that was both terrible and beautiful at the same time.

The confrontation was painful to read, as I really do love the two characters being together, but it was so very gripping I had to see how it ended.

The way you did it was so subtle, she was dead before I even knew it.

Anyway, you're a great writer, the whole piece was very well structured. It was awesome.
Mathematica chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
OH MY GODS, YOU WROTE IT!

*hug crush squeal*

This is exactly the kind of piece that I have been looking for about Vader/Ahsoka ... in a world now infested with Anakin/Ahsoka shipping n00bs, it's nice to see someone try to add depth to the fandom. Most people seem to either think that she just conveniently vanished in Order 66, or that she, I dunno, moved away and never saw him again ... or that she magically ceased to exist before ROTS. but not you, so kudos!

"The paradox inspired tranquillity and wonder – neither of which Vader any longer had the capacity to feel." Aww, that's such a brilliant line! It's a really good characterisation of Vader, and you managed to portray him very well there. Grats!

"He only wished for a part of him to feel regret for what he was about to do. For some small fraction of his consciousness to protest, to object…But there was only nothingness." Gah, such a moving line. But surely, by acknowledging that that part exists means that he does feel something? Or am I looking too far into it?

"The place where history will be written with their defeat.’’ " That. Is. Scary. Very scary line, liked the thoughts behind it. Mwaha, oh, irony is sweet ...

I love that paragraph that ends with "none of it mattered". It's a brilliantly IC portrayal of how Vader must have felt killing all those people, because surely if he was drawing on the dark side, he wouldn't feel regret? Chillingly well written. My writing skills FADE in comparison to yours ...

"Ahsoka Tano was the last one left, and she was a child no more." Hrm, after seeing her in the movie, it's impossible to imagine her growing up - but you described her very well. I liked the way she came across too - bitter.

"The lightsaber faltered and hung in mid air.

It then fell, almost in slow motion that seemed to take years and years and years…to the ground with clatter." Oh my god, that scene was amazing. Her reaction, his reaction ... argh. No. I will not write any more angst, I will not ...

"He withdrew his lightsaber from her body and watched it fall to the floor with a gentle thud." I hate you. I officially, totally, hate you. Because you now own me. That was absoultely perfect and moving and ... gah, where's that eloquence that Harris is always ranting on about? Clearly, your writing stole that from me too.

Lovely ending too *sniffle*

CURSE YOU AND YOUR AMAZING WRITING SKILLS.

So, if you want me to write you one in return, just say the words ... ;D

M.