Reviews for Eastward
Luna Embry chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Excellent work! Nice job showing the connection between Tormod and Muarim in such a heavy situation. Wish there were more fics like this! :)
Gunlord500 chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Hey there, Black Light Princess! Gunlord from the little circile of reviewyness here Reviewin' your fic, as requested :D

I really *really* liked it. Both Muarim and Tormod were well in character, and I couldn't really find any grammatical errors or anything worth pointing out, although I just glanced this ficcie over. What really struck me was the punishment scene with the brass lions. That was definitely...intense, to say the least. And unfortunately, there have been tortures not so different from those in actual history...;_; So you do a very good job of portraying man's inhumanity to man, or at least in this case, his fellow sentient beings. Very good job!
WayToDawn chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Wow. Din, this... touched me. Honestly. I've betaed your stories for a while now, and been reading with you longer, but... I'm not this effected, ever.

It made me stop and cringe. The humans were horrible... and to have the nerve to call OTHERS beasts. But even worse... imagining Idhar inside the torture device... even if it was told from Tormod's view, and he was out, my imagination ran wild.

I felt hate. And I felt a great deal of pity for Tormod. What age is he in this fic? He's got to be younger than when he fought in Ashnard's war, and that's very young. Then again, he IS leading an army for a very hopeless cause...

I digress.

Amazing fic.
NinjaMatty chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Wow, it's one of the best and saddest story I have ever read. You are so good at picturing Tormod and Muarim ! Keep up the good work !
Writer Awakened chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
Hi! Since you put this story up in the Little Circle of Reviewyness, I wanted to give it a review, so here goes:

This was a very nice story. I agree with the reviewers who said you should continue; this would make a good chaptered fic, especially since there aren't many stories written about the Laguz liberation guys...or canon laguz in general, actually. The story had a nice flow to it and it certainly draws the reader in. I definitely enjoyed it.

The only thing I might suggest is to add a bit more description in a few places. For example, at the beginning, the line: "The terrain was littered with the remains of a battle..." is pretty vague. Was it shards of metal scattered about, or splinters of wood, or broken glass? I was curious. Also, what about the city? Especially in contrast to the empty desert, how do Tormod and Muarim feel amongst the towering spires of Begnion?

Anyway, sorry if I seemed like I was nitpicking! Very nicely written.
Jaceee chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
I.. speechless...

Truly, this is a wonderful fic. -too in awe to form coherent sentences-

Muarim and Tormod need more love. That includes this fic.
HellfireSupremacy chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
This was good. Really, really good.

I respect your decision as a writer to leave this as a one-shot. But I really think this was written well enough to serve as an exposition chapter to a longer story concerning the activities of the Laguz Emancipation Army. It didn't feel like a one-shot. It felt like a prequel to something much bigger.

Write more damn it. You're good.
Miiku chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
OMG!

I love it, a lot, but it really made me cry... I didn't even notice when but I had tears on my face when I finished... eep. And the worst part is that it could be true... I can kind of understand Tormod liking laguz better than people now.

They're an awesome team... just a little tragic. I'll be waiting to read more about them!

Btw, Idhar broke my heart. And made me shudder, too. This is story is so brutal, but so beautiful!

TO THE EAST, LAGUZ TEAM!