Reviews for Shelter from the Storm
btw its Vecchio not veccico

good story tho

:P
dS-Tiff chapter 12 . 3/15/2011
Oh wow, this story was so hard for me to read - absolutely heartbreaking, but it was an incredible story of the love that RayK and Ben have for each other. Together, I think they would cope with just about anything.
KirstyMD chapter 12 . 11/1/2010
Everytime I read one of your stories I am amazed by your wonderful imagination. Thankyou
Niente Zero chapter 12 . 11/28/2008
Great job on this story. It's a really tough subject to do justice to but I think you really nailed it. It's not easy... but with all that love to balance out the darkness it was great.
Niente Zero chapter 11 . 11/28/2008
The wolf sweater! Hee. So awesome. Of course Ray watched all of Ben's hard work... he'd always be there to watch over Ben. And of course Ben knew it. That's just great! And then going home to family... even though he's lost so much he's still got so much to live for.
Niente Zero chapter 10 . 11/28/2008
It's just so sweet that even when he's going through so much of his own trauma, Ben can buck up and be there for someone who needs him. The part with Shane is lovely, shows Ben getting past how awful things are for him and turning back into a person who is basically all heart.

You know the bit with the boots just really gets to me.
Niente Zero chapter 9 . 11/28/2008
That note is so perfectly Frannie! It's spot on. Man, you really wring out the emotions with this. Ray is so great at knowing how to take care of Ben. Letting him do as much as he can, but reassuring him that he's still there for him. Perfect.
Niente Zero chapter 8 . 11/28/2008
So good to have Ms. Kennedy in the story. And it's great to see the infallible sweetheart Ben still able to lose his temper even at someone he likes and respects... because that's just so totally true to life. No one can be a perfect saint about something like that and it's great how you show Ben coping.
Niente Zero chapter 7 . 11/28/2008
You know how much I love how you write Mrs. Kowalski. You always do such a great job with her. I just adore the way she stands up to Ray's dad in this. It's perfect. And then the quiet heartbreak of Ben refusing to see people... eek... so sad.
Niente Zero chapter 6 . 11/28/2008
Poor Ben. Must be such a hard thing to accept. And he has such a long way to go. I love your compassionate Dr. O'Mara. And Ray V apologizing... the way Ben tells him it wasn't right to say that stuff is just perfect, then the way he forgives him...
Niente Zero chapter 5 . 11/28/2008
Eek! Empty bed... suspense!

Overall a great chapter. Just such a good balance of pain and love. I mean, nothing will ever be the same and you get Kowalski's depth of grief and fear over it, but the family is there, and Ray V comes through with flying colours being the true friend that we know he can be! And even Stella is so great. :)
Niente Zero chapter 4 . 11/28/2008
Aww, this one is such a heartbreaker of a chapter... losing the legs hurts badly, but the thought for Ray V that he might have screwed up his last chance to talk to Ben... sniff... very teary chapter!
Niente Zero chapter 3 . 11/28/2008
Ah! And the plot thickens! I love the tension between the two Rays. It's understandable that Vecchio is jealous over his friend's allegiance.
Niente Zero chapter 2 . 11/28/2008
Hee. Ben is SO cute in this chapter. Plus, so hot. "Understood." Yeah, I'd be dragging his sweet little Mountie butt home if he talked dirty like that to me in the station. ;) It's so subtle yet hot that I just love it. I also love the way he teases Ray with the news. It's such a lovely warm, married sort of set up for everything.
Niente Zero chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
I love this chapter. It's actually really nice to see a story in which, no matter what else happens next, the RCMP recognizes Fraser for the asset he is. It's kind of easy to go the other way with the way he was treated in the show so ... it's great to see the idea of his work being valued!