Reviews for The Darkest Hour
Whiteling chapter 30 . 5/21/2013
Gaah! He poisoned his own father?! * gets ready to run* Oh but what did I expect he's already had murderous attempts on his brother's life - makes me fearful he's not into other terrifying crimes...
Whiteling chapter 32 . 4/12/2012
Should've tried to tell him the truth ins ecret from the start.
Whiteling chapter 31 . 4/12/2012
*horrified* The poison got skyla?

Ouch so much for inner peace between th two siblings.
Rachel chapter 32 . 3/9/2012
Hello! I love this story, and the update made it so dramatic. I hope Skyla lives so they can have a baby (hint hint). You write so well, and this new chapter made my day. I can't wait for the rest! I'll still be here waiting!

Amelie de Lorraine chapter 32 . 3/4/2012
Hi Alyssa!

Of course I'm still here! I'd never leave. This story is too amazing. I can't wait to see what happens next! And I can't believe Skyler's parents knew about it but ignored it. That is horrible! I bet Alima feels bad. I know Skyler does for trusting his brother and letting him go, but what else could he do? If he threw Skyclone in prison, he'd probably find a way to break out. I hope everything turns out alright.

Thank you for updating!

Amelie de Lorraine chapter 31 . 4/20/2011
Hi Alyssa!

Wow! This chapter was amazing! I mean it. AMAZING! I totally thought Skyler was going to kill his brother when he found out Skyclone was trying to kill him. And I'm sooooo glad Faolin was there! She was definitely the hero! They wouldn't have known anything if she hadn't have heard. I hope Lana gets in big trouble! She deserves it, that evil wench! It was great how they had their plan completely worked out and then it blew up in their faces! And this means that now Skyla and Skyler can have a baby now, right? I hope so, but now we know this isn't the end. In fact, this is probably the climax of the story. Now, Skyclone is going to be really angry and do whatever he can to get rid of Skyler. It almost seems like it would have been better for Skyler to have Skyclone arrested on the spot, but I think he let him go because he loved him and couldn't harm him in that way. At least in exile he's given a chance. They have a long time before Skyler dies, right? They've only been married a year, and I know they're married for like ten years or so before Skyler actually dies. So a lot is going to happen between then. Now, I did notice a slight error in wording. You said "Skyclone" was standing at the door unable to move after Skyla had been poisoned, when I think you meant "Skyler". I can't wait for an update and please respond to this review! Thank you!

Amelie de Lorraine chapter 30 . 2/18/2011
Wow! This chapter was intense. First of all, Skyla is NOT barren! That's good at least, but I can't believe she's being poisoned. Is it giving her miscarriages? That would be all too cruel, but then Lana is EVIL it seems. I can't believe she would do something like that, and now Skyclone is openly going along with it! Oh my gosh! I always had a feeling that Skyclone had feelings for Skyla but to be carrying on a sexual relationship with Lana? I didn't see that coming, although it was stated earlier that Skyclone does sleep with a lot of women...Anyway, I hope this plan backfires. I hope they can stop Lana and Skyla does get pregnant. That is absolutely horrible for her to do! Please update soon!

Amelie de Lorraine chapter 29 . 1/10/2011
Wow! There was a lot in this chapter, and it was perfect! I really liked how we finally see some of Skyclone's problem as to why he hates everyone. His mother has not been completely honest with him or his father and everyone seems to pay more attention to Skyler than to him, but the rest is his place to fix. I mean, he needs to learn forgiveness. If he did, then nothing in the series would ever happen (which I guess would have been a bad thing for us, but still), and everyone, including him, would be at peace. But of course, he never learns the power of forgiveness. I did like how he stood up for Skyla at the end we she became co-ruler of the wingdom. That was nice. I really liked how she really is a ruler and not just a figurehead or wife or a consort, like I always thought she was in the series before Skyler "died". Now, all this talk about children makes me think that she might be getting pregnant soon? I don't know how I feel about that because, if she does, it means something bad is going to happen to the child, assuming that you're keeping this story in line with canon. Anyway, please update soon!

Amelie de Lorraine chapter 28 . 12/20/2010
Of course I'm still here! I would NEVER abandon a story as good as this was. This chapter was amazing! The coronation was beautiful, and Skyla's nervousness and confusion reminded me a lot of the time when I had to give a speech in front of a whole concert for my school a few years ago. I almost tripped on the stage and got completely side-tracked. Anyway, this was a great chapter. Mr Anwar's words were sad, though. I wish Skyler and Skyla would have paid more attention to him, and I found it odd that Alima did not mention Skyclone in her speech nor did Skyler in his right before he was probably made him mad. I also liked how Skyla said they were going to wait another year before they had a baby. But that was sad, too, because you know that they either never conceive or they do have a baby and it dies. Aren't they king and queen for a while before Skyler dies? In the series, they looked to be about in their mid-thirties when Skyler dies, so that means (if they're twenty-something now) that they must have tried for a long time to produce an heir that would live and not die in infancy or a really young age. I'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the story. Thanks for updating!

RennC chapter 28 . 12/20/2010
I'm here! lol

Nice chapter, great character portraits. Loved it.
tiggyblue chapter 27 . 7/10/2010
hey! I'm still trying to figure out where the story goes but suspence is good even though it's anoying (for me) but continue :D and I don't trust Lana but I'm super exicted to see what happens next! and I love your quotes at the beginning each chapter. keep writing ~ tiggyblue
Amelie de Lorraine chapter 27 . 7/5/2010
Hi Alyssa!

This was a great chapter, as always. I loved the conversation between Skyla and Skyclone and how she remembered that she needs her husband's love more than she does his. Lana is kind of creepy, if that's even the right word. She doesn't seem like very good company, but she does seem smart. Maybe Skyclone will learn something from her, but he also seems to have a lot of confidence in Skyla, so maybe Lana will learn something from him. He's getting nicer, it seems, but that's kind of sad because we all know what happens with him in the end. As for Faolin, I think Skyla is right. She's all the Lady-in-Waiting she needs. I hope Skyler comes back from his journey safe and unharmed, but something tells me something is going to happen while he's gone, whether to him or somebody else. Please update soon!

Cherryblossom-crystal chapter 26 . 6/27/2010
Wonderful story. Just read it all in 2 days. I really hope you continue on the next chapter soon.

Skyclone seems like he changed until a few chapters ago but how is his appearance? He keeping off the weight?

Glad to see the flaws in the characters where in some other fics they are perfect.
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 26 . 6/8/2010
This is a wonderful chapter. :D I really enjoyed reading it and though I wish I could be more specific on what I liked-I just got up not long ago-I find that this is all I can say for the moment.

I can't wait for your next update. :D
Amelie de Lorraine chapter 26 . 6/4/2010
Hey Alyssa,

Sorry it took me so long to review. I was on vacation with my family this past week and I wasn't able to check my emails. I came back to 59 unread in my inbox. The most I've ever had! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter. I loved Skyla's dream of her mother. It showed how much she truly loved her. In fact, it almost made me cry. My mother lost hers at a very young age and she likes to tell us what she remembers about her, so it kind of hits home for me. I found it very sad the Skyla was still unable to conceive. I hope she is successful in later chapters because it would be marvelous for her to be pregnant! And Skyclone's line about it being easier to court a poisonous lizard than Faolin was hilarious. I'm actually starting to think that she does see something in him, although what I have no idea. The final sentence of the chapter was very ominous and sad. To know that Skyla is wrong and that Skyclone actually will betray and hurt her is just awful! Please update soon!