Reviews for Promises to Keep, Miles to Go
Kirsten Erin chapter 4 . 10/21/2009
That's such a 'Helena' move.

Poor Shayera. Must've been so hard!
Knight Watcher chapter 3 . 5/29/2009
He is unfamiliar with crying women, usually he often caused it in the past perhaps, but he like me tend to just be there without saying much beyond words that pose neither attempt to console or condemn. It would simply be just cry if you are going to, no sense in holding it back now, and if he wasn't feeling the way he is right now, he would have turned her away.

He realizes John must have told her by now. He recalls how abrupt he was with her when she handed him the plans for the bypass and what it would do once active. She did what she thought was right and still pays for it, he knows something of that except one from the side of those who worked with him in Gotham. Consequences follow you like your shadow in the daytime and silhouette at night.

A Batsuit can be cleaned, but a woman in need of a someone to cry on well, he couldn't do that to her.

He was ready to die when crashing the first Watchtower into the bypass if not for Superman pulling him out of the engulfed tower only moments before impact. There's no way around things getting personal, its more then you just working together, and its not the head lines that count for him.

It can often be the deceptive little things like giving Shayera something she wouldn't usually do and to do it in front of him especially Batman. At that point, he might have felt ill at ease with it though she had more than earned it.

This here is a prime example of my conception of friendship... you have seen the best of her... now be ready for the worst though by worst it means when she's a beautiful mess of tears and sadness. Even now and again people need to break down, to fall down, just so they can get it through their system and then emerge from the other side.

We won't speak of it, but know that it still means more then words can convey.
Knight Watcher chapter 4 . 5/29/2009
The commissary is a lion's den, that is all.

I can relate to the feeling of wondering why conversations suddenly go hush, go quiet, go to whispers, but of course, mistakes and slip ups own forever because not everyone forgives because they also never forget either.

I didn't think I'd actually find a character as compelling as Batman until Shayera happened, of course what's not to like or love about her. However unlike some, I decided well she must be forgiven because well you don't know what you would do until you were in that position yourself.

She was following orders until she found cause to disobey those orders, but the 'damage' was done. If she hadn't passed along the plans for the bypass well they wouldn't have this commissary or this venue to say whatever they wanted about her.

It is a double damnation, Earth and Thanagar, League and those who followed Hro Talak. Her friends and her comrades.

Something in her refuses to give up regardless of what they think or say of her, but still it hurts, having no one to lean except yourself and those who dare to befriend you when the rest of the worlds seem to walk out over a judgment error.

Anyway another insightful slice into the private lives of heroes.
Knight Watcher chapter 5 . 5/28/2009
Question for the ages, how long did it take Lois to decipher that Mr. Kent and Superman are in fact the same man in two different costumes. Of course the current slant is Clark is the more real or closer to the real person. Anyway so cute with them.
Miles333 chapter 5 . 3/12/2009
Thanks for the update! :D
Floaging chapter 5 . 3/11/2009
This story is really good at providing little insights into the Justice League's life. I'd love to see what else you think could happen.
8I chapter 5 . 3/9/2009
Hee hee hee... poor Lois.

I vote for Rocky Road! :D
Chaosmob chapter 4 . 3/8/2009
good story can't wait to see what happens next :)
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 4 . 1/26/2009
Nice, Hunteress was being nice to Shayera. I love those too. They're two of my favorite

Anyway, please update soon,

Watcher
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 3 . 1/26/2009
Yeah to Btas softer side! That was really
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 2 . 1/26/2009
I loved that Vic gave Kara tow rotten oranges in a soak. Through I wonder what it means...xd

I'm really glad that Miles3 told me about, I really like it!
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
That was hailous!xd
Miles333 chapter 4 . 1/26/2009
Wow, thanks for the awesome update!
8I chapter 4 . 1/25/2009
I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this scene... but here's my guess. Shayera pissed most of the League off for some reason, and she's trying to get lunch and Huntress invites her over to her table?

Anyway, cool story!
wawaboy2 chapter 3 . 1/9/2009
That last statement was very funny... Good oneshot, it was a little short though... Hope to see more of them soon...