Reviews for Fix You
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010

This sentence especially and the paragraph it was in really got to me. When I read that first sentence about the difference in a space of a heartbeat I went "Wow". I had to go back and reread the sentence again. I had to just stop and let it resonate through me while the blown away feeling washed over me like a rogue seventh wave.

And if that wasn't enough you follow with the suckerpunch sentence about the lifetime, salvation, death. Knocked me down again. Wow.

Oh,and the coup de final sentence about walking the knife's is a hell of a killshot sentence.

When an author writes like this, I call it "Being In The Zone".

And you were definitely "In The Zone".
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
As someone who has only recently begun watching the show, this is very timely to me! I found a link in a rec site on LJ and it supplies some very needed coda to the events around the beginning of the second season. This was an excellent read. Thanks!
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
It was so nice to read a story that originates from Season 2. The boys have never had it easy, but things were certainly simpler in the first two seasons. LOVED the whole Dean-and-baby thing and I'd imagine you find it baffling how later on in the series Dean shows that he'd make a good father. ;) I also love how you keep the boys as close to the characters as possible-so close but a world apart. Must be hard to write because I certainly have an easier time writing dialog than the 'cold love' they share. The whole 'love-at-arm's-length' is hard to watch sometimes. Dean's just scared spitless to appear weak at any point in his life. I"m sure that's his daddy's indoctrination. .

I love, too, how the battered and beaten truck mirrored their relationship; it worked, but it just wasn't very pretty.
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
"You're telling me my sister was killed by a ghost…which just so happens to still be here…and I managed to run over the friggin' Ghostbusters?" Heh, I really liked Wick, I thought he took the whole ghost thing very well.

I thought you did very well writing for Kate, it must be hard writing for a baby

I liked the ghost backstory, and it was nice to see a 'good' ghost

Oh, and in response to your author's note at the end, I thought it was entertaining :)
TheKritty chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
This is like...one of my all-time-favourites for EVER! I SO love this little story.I've read it a lifetime ago and just noticed that I never commented it...

I love the way you described the boys, you captured them SO friggin' well, I was blown away. It would have been so great to see this as an actual episode,seriously! It was all VERY supernaturl-ish,even the humor and...idk,it's definetly one of the bestest stories I've ever read *lol* And that should mean something,because I've read many )

I also loved the whole story about Wick and Katie and the two ghosts,it was real authentic and just like in the show. And there was a balance - not too much hurt!Dean and not too less and not too much humor but not too less - if you understand what I mean?It was perfect!

And the picture of Dean and a BABY?*SQUEE* I love seeing Jensen with a baby, but DEAN? *drops* I though I would die from his cuteness )

And you also did a perfect job concerning the brotherly love - a tough topic these days but man I'm longing for some brotherly love and so I rescue myself by reading stories like this,and I almost had to cry at some passages,because it was all so beautiful and so ... I can't even describe it.

So, with this story,which isn't even a multi-chap fic, you really blew me away, I LOVED it.

(And dude, I would love to see Wick coming back in one of your stories *lol*)

Greetings from Germany,

Kritty

PS: You also captured Bobby SO well!*sighs happily*
rahne2 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Hi again. Still rereading old fics.

You know, after months of reading SN fic I thought I'd move on to something else once in awhile, but I start getting withdrawal anxiety after one book and have to come back. So I keep reading my favorites over and over while waiting for new stuff. (What can I say? Like Sam, I read fast and voraciously.) And even though I love little angsty moments and tags, I still love getting lost in long narrative hunt stories most. This one gives me the ususal good story, hurt and loving boys, and character moments, but it has one thing very special not seen as often as it should be- Dean interacting with children. I love this! Kate trusting him immediately. (Kids and animals are such great judges of character, aren't they?) Dean knowing just how to handle her,reading to her and letting her read the pages back, always attuned to her needs, never dismissing her words and reactions out of hand, as most grown-ups do. It's good for Sam to be reminded, sometimes, what a fantastic father and protector Dean was and could be again. This is the essence of Dean's great soul. Sam and I are pretty much kindred spirits, but even we takers recognize how much we need givers like Dean in our lives. Mine was and is my mother. Hopefully our practicality can help protect them, in turn. I really envy the Winchester boys, who are not only brothers but twinned souls. Lovely.
keatlin chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Love the story! Very well-portrayed characters and storyline.

CarolAnnly chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
This was a hard read but simply wonderful. So much pain for those two brothers but in the end they're together, there for one another. I liked this very much. Thank you.
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Hi gaelicspirit,

as always, I loved your story and though I didn't read it in a zine so far, I wholeheartedly agree to everything bhoney said. I also liked Dean's interaction with Kate and Wick and how Sam realizes that the way Dean raised him was not just by mere luck but done with intent.

Also, the beginning and ending scenes at Bobby's were awesome. The way Bobby sees Dean and makes Sam understand at least some of the differences between himself and Dean - very nice.

...and, of course the final scene between the brother holding on to the two ends of a wrench. I have no idea how you can come up time and again with words that fit perfectly. You are truely amazing! Loved these sentences:

When the difference between the truth and a lie is the space of a heartbeat of time, how do you know what to say? How do you save someone you've spent a lifetime protecting when the solution to his salvation might rest in his death? How do you remember the way to just be a brother, when you've walked the knife's edge between light and dark?

So, once again: Thank you for a wonderful story!

D.

PS:

Oh, I just realized, I never left reviews for these stories:

Sacrifice, Gravity, The First Cut,

Well, as you can probably tell... I loved all of them. You're style is simply beautiful and at the same time so very powerful. I guess, I will keep reading and working my way slowly but surely through all of you SN-fics. - Thanks loads!
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I know I sent you a mega-long PM raving about this fic when I first read it in the zine, but I went back and re-read it again, and just wanted to say that I still LOVED it. It's one of my very favorite things I've read of yours.

I especially loved the interaction between Dean and Kate, and him giving Wick parenting advice, and Sam realizing that the things Dean did while raising him were done with strategy and intent, not just by chance. LOVE references to Dean raising Sam.

Also loved the scene where Dean is inside the house and Sam pulls up and realizes that if Dean's inside and Kate's not, that he's a dead man. And how he goes in after Dean, even though Dean tries to get him to stay safe. Also really love the scene at the end when Sam and Kate are in the closet and both ghosts go after Dean. You can just feel Sam's panic and fear for his brother. And when Dean's telling off "Don," you know that at least part of that is directed toward John. Nice touch.

And then Bobby's reaction when the boys get to his place is sweet and touching and classic Bobby. Also really love Sam trying to get the trunk lid on by himself, and Dean coming out to help. Nice symbolism.

I LOVE this fic! I'm adding it to my favorites!
pickamix chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
I liked the mood for this one and I won't get angry for the crushed story idea... I wanted to do something where Dean had to be around a little kid for an extended period of time... no worries though you wrote it most likely a ton better then I would have anyway. It was very sweet... I liked how Sam got to realize that Dean raised him with more than just luck that he actually had a clue as to what he was doing. You encased everything in a good ghost story too.
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Oh man, I completely loved that story. Totally hooked me in. It was like reading an episode - one chocked full of delicious Dean whump, and lovely protective Sam. And Bobby - I love fatherly Bobby. You write hurt Dean so perfectly. And the original characters were awesome too - and putting a baby in Dean's arms? That was a master stroke. It was just perfect.

(sighs) Makes me long for the way the boys were in season 1 and 2 though.
Morganeth Taren'drel chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
I truly enjoyed this story! I don't know what 'zine' is reference too, but I loved this. Love watching Dean with Kate, getting glimpses of how he'd dealt with Sam as a baby, it was just brilliant!
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Amanda.

God you're good. That had me gripped from the first few lines to the stunning denoument. What I love about your stories is that the characters are rounded and call to the heart. The images of Dean with the baby were wonderful. We think of him as a hardened hunter and really he was father to Sam for all his life. I bet you have sat and watched many times as your hubby slept with Rowan in his arms and felt your heart want to burst with love, that's what I read here anyway,

You asked if it was still entertaining. Yes, Amanda it was lovely.

Bev xx

PS: dislocated shoulder...my fav!
MeAzrael chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Hi Gaelicspirit -

you really wanna know if this story is still entertaining? In big red letters: it's more than that! I liked the ghost story and the idea of Kate seeing what the grown ups couldn't see, the progression of Wick into his roll as a father and how you've connected the basic story to the ghost story. But most of all I really loved the way you revealed the true feelings of Sam, Dean and Bobby. The first scene with Sam and Bobby is beautiful - and amazing. Because Bobby knows so much about the hidden inner self of Dean, even if he would never show it to him. I also liked very much Deans little outburst in his fight with the ghost (he's speaking of his Dad, isn't he? I imagined Sam hearing this words, but appreciated that he never mentioned it). And the end? Marvellous! Sad, but with a hint of hope. I dont think any good story has a kind of expiration date. So thank you very much for this one (and please forgive my mistakes - I'm german and still in the learning mode :-)
93 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »