Reviews for Fix You
Angelustatt chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Took me a couple of days to find the time to read this, but oh boy am I glad I did, mate!

This was superb! From the hurt (yes, you know I'm an addict lol) to the way you had the boys all but dancing with thier emotions, back and forth, give and take. I loved it!

Perfect voices for them and I really liked Wick and Kate too. Normally OC's tend to go in one ear and out the other with me, but you, my friend? Just have that knack of creating characters that grab me from the get go.

So yeah, there you go. I loved it! Just as I knew I would.

*HUGS*
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I remember loving this story, but I don’t remember the details, so it’s like new! I can’t wait!

I love that you’re exploring this painful time; you’re the only one I trust to do it justice. I think of it like my crackers. The crowbar and the car were just there, and the emotion had to come out. But that’s just me, I’m gonna read what your take on it is:

"He loves that car more than anything," Sam muttered, shaking his head. "Why would he do something like that?"

Gawd, that’s so awesome. And so freaking true. Everyone grieves differently. I love that you gave us this scene:

"No, Sam, you need to."

"But—"

"Dean's not like you."

Bobby’s so smart. (And you)

He knew what made this kid tick: keep him moving, and he wouldn't drown in his own misery.

Oh, how did you get so good?

Each word was like a paper cut on Dean's heart: small, sharp, and painful. And the longer Sam talked, the worse they bled.

I clearly remember, when I was 8, our dog Heidi got hit by a car at my Grandma’s house in Des Moines. I got so mad at my sister because she just kept talking and talking about Heidi, and all I wanted to do was have quiet and mourn.

OK, I just need to make a list of the good stuff:

Hurt flashed quickly across his face, leaving a dark spot on Dean's heart

Anger burst clean and pure inside of Dean's chest.

Oh, holy crap. I forgot about that. SUV, Ditch…

Aww, how cute… sounds like another cutie I know:)

Sam could see blonde hair sticking up in a Mohawk on the top of her head.

Oh, gah, you can sure write them the way I see em and like em:

"Bobby is gonna kick my ass for this," Dean muttered.

You broken?" Sam looked at Dean's side.

"Don't think so. Just cracked."

This is so Dean-ish, I love it. And you did his shoulder, just like Kripke! Great minds?

"You need to do something with that shoulder," Wick said softly

"Ya think?" Dean growled.

OMG, I LOVE bossy Sam:

Dean swallowed, and Sam watched him pull his eyebrows up, forcing his lids to follow. He blinked twice, then stared at Sam. "Anyone ever tell you you're bossy as hell?" Dean slurred.

What’s that expression? I’m “verklempf”? Choked up? Yes:

Dean grinned, and Sam pulled his head back with a sudden, fierce pain in his heart. He hadn't seen a smile hit Dean's eyes in weeks.

Umm. Picturing this wound… on the inside of Sam’s muscular, well-formed thigh…

"Damn, Sammy," he commented. "Two more inches higher and you really would be a Samantha."

This seems so natural, I love that you wrote Dean this way:

Dean moved as if he'd been cleaning up babies his whole life: naturally, with slow, sure motions.

AW:

He nodded solemnly, though, when Kate twisted her head around to make sure he was paying attention.

Nice:

Sam said, sitting on the edge of the pullout bed, his hands sliding free from Dean, leaving him to shiver in their wake.

This is awesome, I can hear it this way:

"So, uh, Wick," Sam started, clearing his throat. "Looks like this house is haunted."

"Way to break it to him gently, there, Sam," Dean muttered.

Man you sure know how to write a Big Damn Hero.

His arm trembled, threatening to drop Kate even as the spectral power that held him fast.

Kate screeched as Wick pulled her free from Dean, her tiny hands clawing and gripping at Dean's neck, terrified at being torn from safety.

Hee, this is cute:

Dean grinned at the sight of Sam and Kate eyeing each other warily

Dude, this is my favorite kind of story. The Hero(s) pushing through pain and angst to get the job done. It’s gotta happen concurrently, and you do it perfectly.

Oh, crap, I almost sighed with relief when Don crumbled, but you’re not that easy!

In the space of a heartbeat, he shifted from relief to trepidation as the air seemed to tighten around him.

Oh, poor Wick, he is so sweet; he’s gonna be such a good uncle to Kate:)

That was the pain he'd seen lurking in green eyes since the moment he'd met Dean.

And you write him with such a sense of responsibility – and guilt. Very good.

Oh, that’s very good – she’s just looking out for her baby:

"She's safe," Dean breathed, head pressed back against the wall. "The baby is safe."

Oh, so sweet:

Sam ran his large hand over Kate's hair, marveling at how small her head was in comparison to his fingers.

I can feel Sam’s relief at Bobby taking over for him. Bobby’s on duty now:

Bobby sighed. "Sam, go back to the spare room and lie down before you keel over. You're too big to be carried."

Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Dean didn't release it. Sam didn't pull it toward him. They simply stood there a moment, each holding the opposite end of the wrench, eyes on each other's hands.

Awesome job, just wonderful.

Kelly
Stargate Groupie chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Entertaining? How about totally freaking awesome, exciting, thrilling and emotional...you are an amazing writer! I did a little happy dance when I got a notice saying you had a new SN story...I loved it!
Jordan-Daniel chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I really love this story!

The haunted house and both spirits freaked me out. I had to laugh at Kates attitude towards Sam and I thought it was cute how Dean and her acted around each other. Wick seems like a really nice guy; too bad that he killed - without intention - his sister and her husband. Hell probably feel bad for his whole life. The end was great. Bobby caring for the boys and Sam finally finding a way to help his brother - excellent!

All in all a wonderful story!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Wow awesome story!

Makes me want to watch "Everybody loves a clown" all over again!

I love Kate so much, she's so adorable and sensitive. I also adore her immediat connection with Dean, how she was always searching for him, needing the safety he was giving her.

The story behind the spirits was cool too, well done. Poor Kate's parents, they must have been terrified and relieved at the same time that their daughter wasn't there...
Mirrordance chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
This story has all the elements that make a fic really compelling: great characterization, pacing, diction, and the story was awesome. It was very honestly creepy, even, which you don't see a lot, it's pretty rare. Great work, thanks for sharing!
milkyway22 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
That was an amazing story!

You did a wonderful job writing it.

I enjoyed it very very much.

It works so well into what we know was going on between the boys and what we really wanted to do which was get inside their head and know what their thinking. Not that Jensen and Jared don't beautifully portray it. Its just very interesting to actually read it on a page too.

Oh and the interactions between Dean and Kate was just too cute. Not to mention the fact that Sam was all awkard with her next to Dean's natural touch. Ha! Thank you for that.
PADavis chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Still entertaining? What, you think we are going to say no? LOL So much about this one is just right - the time frame for the story, the reason for the trip, and loved the OCs.

Was particularly struck by Dean in the car before the accident - just wishing for a moment of silence from Sam, some relief from the trip down family memories while he's carrying the burden of John's request. Dean's anxiety and frustration beautifully written.

Lovely story! I'm so glad you found out that you could post this fic. And I loved Terry's banner.

Phoebe
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
I'd say it was still entertaining! What a doozy! A lot has been done about that time, but this is the first one of it's type I've read. I loved it! The haunting they had to deal with, the things Dean said and showed to indicate his true feelings without realizing it...all awesome stuff.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
OMG OMG OMG!

*THUD*

i swear girl

this was freakin AMAZING!

how ...just how...do you write something so amazingly thought up and layered as this hun!

absoloutley fantastic stuff

incredabley written hun, your such a pro!

you need to publish this, i swear!

:D

OMG!

its epic! its amazing hun!

OMG I LOVED what happened since the crash and for you to do a whole new aweosme level of fic from then...aw!

and the brothers relationship, how they bridge it...

its perfect hun

absoloute awesome fic hun

thanks so much for posting

LOVED IT
Intex chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Amazing, as usual! I didn't want it to end. I got so giddy when I saw that gaelicspirit had a new story waiting for me!

Thank-you for making my saturday much more interesting than it would've been.
Poppyflake chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Really enjoyed it. Dean and kids really do seem to go together so well!
smokeyhorse chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
This was GREAT! I really, really enjoyed it. And you beat up Dean nicely. *grin* This could've come right from the writers' room, it was so in character and believable! I love your stuff, dude. :)
y chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
Oh, never have I been soo happy to see a fic posted by you! *Does the Snoopy dance* Ugh! I needed this. Oh and by the way. Thank you so much for beta-ing my short little drabble. ;)

The angst in this fic. Oh, the angst... ;) Let's begin. :D

Okay first off, I love both boys equally but God help me, Sam annoyed me a bit in the beginning. There I said it! I know he loves and cares about Dean but I guess the reason that he annoyed me is that I'm sort of like Dean when it comes to dealing with stuff especially with the loss of a parent. I had a small fight similar to the beginning of this fic with my sister so I can semi relate to Dean's feelings and mood in this fic. Although Dean's burden is more about "The Secret" that John told him and... yeah. Moving on...

The song ended, and the first chords of CCR's “Bad Moon Rising” followed.

-Oh. That's not good...

Like something from a nightmarish memory, the SUV approaching from the side road toward Highway 56 slammed into the front right quarter panel of the old truck, shoving the side mirror into the interior of the cab, propelling the truck sideways across the road and tipping it onto the driver's side into a ditch.

-Oh, I knew it. Like once wasn't enough? :P

"On three, then, okay? One, two—" Sam pulled once, hard. Dean's shoulder popped smoothly back into place.

The scream of pain that erupted from Dean through the cloth gag echoed between the vehicles and caused the baby to start crying again. Wick released his grip, and Dean slumped to the side, sweating and trembling, air sounding like it was skipping across his lungs, not filling them.

-*Cringes* Holy Hell, woman! You know they showed Sam popping Dean's shoulder into place in episode 9 but its no where near painful looking as the ones in your fic. :P

Kate is so adorable. :D Got a question, is it hard to write in baby mood? Like how do you know what a toddler says or a 4 year old, 6 yr old, etc. :P

Sam found it harder to focus on Wick; he could hear his brother softly asking the baby, "What's that one? Yep, and that one?" while she pointed to different pictures in the book, Kate's tiny voice answering.

-*flails around* Oh my gosh, that is so cute! All the parts where Dean and Sam interact with Kate are too precious for words... and kinda sexy. LOL. :P And of course Dean would be ease with a kid. He raised Sam, he would make a great dad. And its weird that they sense that. I held a baby , it started to squirm and cry. Gave it to my sister or my mom, they were quiet! lol. And yeah those Baby Gates are a pain in the ass to put back in.

The little girl was red-faced, tears creating trails down her chubby cheeks and snot collecting at the base of her nose. She was not happy. Wick held her against him, pacing and bouncing as he'd obviously seen his sister do in the past.

-Hahaha! Oh yeah, I recognized those cries. My niece and nephew cried like that when I was growing up. My mom or my sister knew what to do to make them stop. :D They didn't try the water thing, tho I'm gonna save that the next time I come across a toddler crying. :P

"I'll be damned."

"Damn," Kate repeated, staring at the water.

Dean chuckled.

"Shit," Wick whispered. "I gotta watch that."

-LMAO! They're like little sponges, dude!

"So it wasn't your kid! So the hell what?"

Dean stood, backing away from the spirit, thinking desperately.

"You think you deserve a kid? You think you deserve to be a father? You think you can just control us because of who you are? Never mind what we want, what we think, what we might be fighting for!"

The spirit stuttered, stumbling. Dean held his bandaged left arm stiffly at his side, the remaining bottle of rock salt gripped in his right hand. He had to time this just right.

"You can't wait until the end to care, man, you have to mean it all the time—you have to let them know all the time."

-... He isn't talking about the spirit anymore isn't he? Yep. I totally love this part. Reminds me of the small rant he did in Dream A Little Dream of Me. :D

Kate frowned, her lower lip trembling. Sam felt a lump gather at the base of his throat in reaction to the tears swimming in her eyes. Kate reached out toward Dean, who lifted his right hand, letting her curl her fingers around his.

"Mama?" Kate asked, her voice small.

Dean pressed his lips together, shaking his head. "Sorry, baby," he whispered. "Mama's gone."

Kate sniffed, and Sam tucked her small head under his chin, completely enveloping her with his long arm. They sat in a pile, Dean slumped against the wall, Sam on his knees next to him with their legs touching, Kate in Sam's lap, her little fingers gripping Dean's hand.

-Oh my... that. That broke my heart. Seriously, I was near tears. They all know what it feels like it, huh? :(

Oh this was a great fic! As always your descriptions in this were amazing. Made it so clear in my head and I'm glad to hear that you'll have the next fic posted soon. I eagerly await for it. ;)

p.s. You should write a book. :D
wendy chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
As always you have written a fantastic story. I can hear Sam and Dean speaking your words so clearly because of the skilled way you pick up the characters and run with them. Keep writing. Please. Wendy
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »