Reviews for Fix You
spootycup chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Wonderful... excellent... great... terrific... i loved the dean pain... emotional and physical.. awesome job... keep um coming...

LOVED IT!
mcatB chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Excellent story! Loved the usual brotherly banter and schmoop. And daddy/babysitter Dean was great, too!
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Still very, very entertaining! *silly* I loved the opportunity to get to read it - thank you so much for posting. It's always a treat to get to "go back" and read something written before so much has happened on the show. It's just another testament to Kripke that people (like you) who are so attuned to the themes and hints that Kripke has woven, are able to write something that foreshadows some of the things yet to come... (I hope that makes sense?) As always, this is beautifully written, capturing the boys with ease. It is also a lovely look into Dean and Sam's feelings and relationship early in S2 - something I still think the show shorted us on a bit in the interest of moving the story along (would that we got 44 episodes a year!). I love your glimpse into their relationship with Bobby too! So again? very entertaining - Please don't ever hesitate to post your "archives"!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
I have a thing for stories written in this time line, I'm like an addict satisfying a craving and you got everything spot on! I love the attention the detail, the boys and their grief are very accurate and the action scenes were well written and the imagery was great.

In short, I loved it and I'm looking forward to reading more your work. Happy writing :-)
Angelustatt chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Took me a couple of days to find the time to read this, but oh boy am I glad I did, mate!

This was superb! From the hurt (yes, you know I'm an addict lol) to the way you had the boys all but dancing with thier emotions, back and forth, give and take. I loved it!

Perfect voices for them and I really liked Wick and Kate too. Normally OC's tend to go in one ear and out the other with me, but you, my friend? Just have that knack of creating characters that grab me from the get go.

So yeah, there you go. I loved it! Just as I knew I would.

*HUGS*
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I remember loving this story, but I don’t remember the details, so it’s like new! I can’t wait!

I love that you’re exploring this painful time; you’re the only one I trust to do it justice. I think of it like my crackers. The crowbar and the car were just there, and the emotion had to come out. But that’s just me, I’m gonna read what your take on it is:

"He loves that car more than anything," Sam muttered, shaking his head. "Why would he do something like that?"

Gawd, that’s so awesome. And so freaking true. Everyone grieves differently. I love that you gave us this scene:

"No, Sam, you need to."

"But—"

"Dean's not like you."

Bobby’s so smart. (And you)

He knew what made this kid tick: keep him moving, and he wouldn't drown in his own misery.

Oh, how did you get so good?

Each word was like a paper cut on Dean's heart: small, sharp, and painful. And the longer Sam talked, the worse they bled.

I clearly remember, when I was 8, our dog Heidi got hit by a car at my Grandma’s house in Des Moines. I got so mad at my sister because she just kept talking and talking about Heidi, and all I wanted to do was have quiet and mourn.

OK, I just need to make a list of the good stuff:

Hurt flashed quickly across his face, leaving a dark spot on Dean's heart

Anger burst clean and pure inside of Dean's chest.

Oh, holy crap. I forgot about that. SUV, Ditch…

Aww, how cute… sounds like another cutie I know:)

Sam could see blonde hair sticking up in a Mohawk on the top of her head.

Oh, gah, you can sure write them the way I see em and like em:

"Bobby is gonna kick my ass for this," Dean muttered.

You broken?" Sam looked at Dean's side.

"Don't think so. Just cracked."

This is so Dean-ish, I love it. And you did his shoulder, just like Kripke! Great minds?

"You need to do something with that shoulder," Wick said softly

"Ya think?" Dean growled.

OMG, I LOVE bossy Sam:

Dean swallowed, and Sam watched him pull his eyebrows up, forcing his lids to follow. He blinked twice, then stared at Sam. "Anyone ever tell you you're bossy as hell?" Dean slurred.

What’s that expression? I’m “verklempf”? Choked up? Yes:

Dean grinned, and Sam pulled his head back with a sudden, fierce pain in his heart. He hadn't seen a smile hit Dean's eyes in weeks.

Umm. Picturing this wound… on the inside of Sam’s muscular, well-formed thigh…

"Damn, Sammy," he commented. "Two more inches higher and you really would be a Samantha."

This seems so natural, I love that you wrote Dean this way:

Dean moved as if he'd been cleaning up babies his whole life: naturally, with slow, sure motions.

AW:

He nodded solemnly, though, when Kate twisted her head around to make sure he was paying attention.

Nice:

Sam said, sitting on the edge of the pullout bed, his hands sliding free from Dean, leaving him to shiver in their wake.

This is awesome, I can hear it this way:

"So, uh, Wick," Sam started, clearing his throat. "Looks like this house is haunted."

"Way to break it to him gently, there, Sam," Dean muttered.

Man you sure know how to write a Big Damn Hero.

His arm trembled, threatening to drop Kate even as the spectral power that held him fast.

Kate screeched as Wick pulled her free from Dean, her tiny hands clawing and gripping at Dean's neck, terrified at being torn from safety.

Hee, this is cute:

Dean grinned at the sight of Sam and Kate eyeing each other warily

Dude, this is my favorite kind of story. The Hero(s) pushing through pain and angst to get the job done. It’s gotta happen concurrently, and you do it perfectly.

Oh, crap, I almost sighed with relief when Don crumbled, but you’re not that easy!

In the space of a heartbeat, he shifted from relief to trepidation as the air seemed to tighten around him.

Oh, poor Wick, he is so sweet; he’s gonna be such a good uncle to Kate:)

That was the pain he'd seen lurking in green eyes since the moment he'd met Dean.

And you write him with such a sense of responsibility – and guilt. Very good.

Oh, that’s very good – she’s just looking out for her baby:

"She's safe," Dean breathed, head pressed back against the wall. "The baby is safe."

Oh, so sweet:

Sam ran his large hand over Kate's hair, marveling at how small her head was in comparison to his fingers.

I can feel Sam’s relief at Bobby taking over for him. Bobby’s on duty now:

Bobby sighed. "Sam, go back to the spare room and lie down before you keel over. You're too big to be carried."

Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Dean didn't release it. Sam didn't pull it toward him. They simply stood there a moment, each holding the opposite end of the wrench, eyes on each other's hands.

Awesome job, just wonderful.

Kelly
Stargate Groupie chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Entertaining? How about totally freaking awesome, exciting, thrilling and emotional...you are an amazing writer! I did a little happy dance when I got a notice saying you had a new SN story...I loved it!
Jordan-Daniel chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I really love this story!

The haunted house and both spirits freaked me out. I had to laugh at Kates attitude towards Sam and I thought it was cute how Dean and her acted around each other. Wick seems like a really nice guy; too bad that he killed - without intention - his sister and her husband. Hell probably feel bad for his whole life. The end was great. Bobby caring for the boys and Sam finally finding a way to help his brother - excellent!

All in all a wonderful story!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Wow awesome story!

Makes me want to watch "Everybody loves a clown" all over again!

I love Kate so much, she's so adorable and sensitive. I also adore her immediat connection with Dean, how she was always searching for him, needing the safety he was giving her.

The story behind the spirits was cool too, well done. Poor Kate's parents, they must have been terrified and relieved at the same time that their daughter wasn't there...
Mirrordance chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
This story has all the elements that make a fic really compelling: great characterization, pacing, diction, and the story was awesome. It was very honestly creepy, even, which you don't see a lot, it's pretty rare. Great work, thanks for sharing!
milkyway22 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
That was an amazing story!

You did a wonderful job writing it.

I enjoyed it very very much.

It works so well into what we know was going on between the boys and what we really wanted to do which was get inside their head and know what their thinking. Not that Jensen and Jared don't beautifully portray it. Its just very interesting to actually read it on a page too.

Oh and the interactions between Dean and Kate was just too cute. Not to mention the fact that Sam was all awkard with her next to Dean's natural touch. Ha! Thank you for that.
PADavis chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Still entertaining? What, you think we are going to say no? LOL So much about this one is just right - the time frame for the story, the reason for the trip, and loved the OCs.

Was particularly struck by Dean in the car before the accident - just wishing for a moment of silence from Sam, some relief from the trip down family memories while he's carrying the burden of John's request. Dean's anxiety and frustration beautifully written.

Lovely story! I'm so glad you found out that you could post this fic. And I loved Terry's banner.

Phoebe
Nana56 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
I'd say it was still entertaining! What a doozy! A lot has been done about that time, but this is the first one of it's type I've read. I loved it! The haunting they had to deal with, the things Dean said and showed to indicate his true feelings without realizing it...all awesome stuff.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
OMG OMG OMG!

*THUD*

i swear girl

this was freakin AMAZING!

how ...just how...do you write something so amazingly thought up and layered as this hun!

absoloutley fantastic stuff

incredabley written hun, your such a pro!

you need to publish this, i swear!

:D

OMG!

its epic! its amazing hun!

OMG I LOVED what happened since the crash and for you to do a whole new aweosme level of fic from then...aw!

and the brothers relationship, how they bridge it...

its perfect hun

absoloute awesome fic hun

thanks so much for posting

LOVED IT
Intex chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Amazing, as usual! I didn't want it to end. I got so giddy when I saw that gaelicspirit had a new story waiting for me!

Thank-you for making my saturday much more interesting than it would've been.
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »