Reviews for Fix You
cheetahluke chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Great story - Im so glad you posted it here! Doesnt matter if its a few years old - still wonderful and relevant! And, its such a treat to get to read an awesome fic from start to finish in one sitting (aside from the fact that I was drawn in to the point of missing my social engagement for the evening :-)
JRAismine chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Yes, it's "still entertaining", wonderfully so, in fact. Good job! Thanks for sharing. :D
Ophium chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
"...I find myself wondering if it's still entertaining."

Are you kidding? This stuff is amazing! It's like seeing an episode where everything that you wanna see happen, actually happens. I loved the brothers' interactions, Dean with the baby (that's always sweet and you did it wonderfully) and the angst... what a feast! Thank you for reposting this!
Maz101 chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Is it entertaining? Crazy person...It's wonderful!

It's so nice to have a trip back to pre-deal Winchester angst and, until the latest heartache, there was no better time for it than this.

A perfect mixture of hurt/comfort/angst.

OK it's a mighty suspension of disbelief to a)be hit by ANOTHER vehicle and b) to find it's ghost related, but I can forgive you. I loved everything in it so you're allowed.

Loved Wick (sympathetic & well drawn with just enough detail to identify him as an all-round decent guy). Loved Kate. Loved Dean with Kate and Sam seeing Dean with Kate. Loved Sam's desperate chatter, his desperate need to connect and his caring. And Bobby too. See, it's got everything a girl could want.

I just find it amazing that you have these treasures tucked away. Any more like this? Please can we have them too.
InSecret chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
DEFINITELY still entertaining, no idea what you're worrying about!

I loved this story. Loved Wick and Kate. Wick's 'hard to think like the Church' line was perfect, and Dean's 'got hit by a... haunted house' LOL.

For whatever bizarre reason, this was one of my favourite lines:

The South Dakota wind was brief and brisk, pressing his loose shirt against his bandaged chest and stirring his short hair.

I think maybe because it makes for a very pretty image to occupy my brain space, LOL, but also because it's just plain lovely description, draws a picture that's so easy to see.

Anyway, I'm gonna bail now before I start (continue?) babbling, but rest assured this was a gorgeous story. Going in the favourites :) xx.
NativeStar chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Oh, it's definitely still entertaining. I enjoyed this very much. It feels almost like a missing episode, with the case and the dealing with John's death. You've got both boys characters down very well here and the way you convey their attempts to cope with the death of their father is heartbreaking. I also liked the OC characters of Wick and Kate. I love Dean with kids, he's definitely got a way with them and Wick is great.

This is well written and enjoyable. Thanks for a good read. :)
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
This was an amazing, nicely long story with everything wrapped up tight and cozy in the words. Dean singing Metallica to the baby was perfect, brought tears, and this...

"Dean turned to the tool box, reached in, and grabbed the right wrench, then handed it to Sam. "Here," he said. "Try this."

"Thanks." Sam reached for the proffered tool.

Dean didn't release it. Sam didn't pull it toward him. They simply stood there a moment, each holding the opposite end of the wrench, eyes on each other's hands.

"We're gonna be okay, right?" Sam asked, his eyes down.

Dean hesitated.

When the difference between the truth and a lie is the space of a heartbeat of time, how do you know what to say? How do you save someone you've spent a lifetime protecting when the solution to his salvation might rest in his death? How do you remember the way to just be a brother, when you've walked the knife's edge between light and dark?

"Eventually," Dean replied, releasing the wrench. "You ready to do this thing?"

Sam moved over to the trunk of the Impala. "Waiting on you, man.ā€"

...This was perfect. so much the brothers and so much their life. amazing story gaelic. Couldn't have spent my evening a better way!
Sparkle45 chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Fantastic story, I really enjoyed reading it. I always look forward to your fics. My favorite season of Supernatural is season 2, so this being set after ELAC was a bonus.

I like how you captured the distance that was between the boys for most of season 2 - very believable. I miss the straight salt and burn storylines the show used to do, so I really liked how you set this one up and how it made sense. As always, your charactization of the boys was spot-on, and I could "see" them doing and saying the things your fic described.

Again, great fic, and I can't wait for the next fic that you hinted at :).
Psychee chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
That was a wonderful story. It was well written with great charaterizations and a interesting hunt. Thank you.
Wastinaway chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
This story was wonderful, but then I haven't read any by you that weren't. Your characterization is amazing, as is the dialogue. I catch myself laughing out loud just like I do at the Show. HurtDean! is a huge kink of mine and you have it down to a science.

And you quoted Ayn Rand. This was the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Can't wait for your new story.

Thanks for sharing with us.
RubyVega chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Hey!

So, obviously you're back and so am I xDD

Missed me? I sure as hell missed you and your stories, albeit I have to confess that I kind of moved on in the meantime. Still Supernatural, but since season four I've totally fallen for Castiel.

Long talk no sense...

You can't imagine how good it is to read you're stories again I mean... you're the only author I know thus far who can bind me to a story to a point where it's impossible to stop reading.

And, again, it's the middle of the night and tomorrow will be a tough day... BUT: I don't care!

So, don't stop doing this D

Anyway, to the story. God, I'm melting and I'm awestruck.

Dean was so very in character and I just LOVED the whole Dean - Kate chemistry. AND him singing Metallica! *melts*

And of course that Dean is a born father: SO TRUE!

The spirit thing was fitting into the whole SPN-verse and... omg...

I can't really describe how awesome that was!

You can pat yourself on the shoulder in pride xDD

((I hope all this sayings make sense in English? o_O))

Big THANK YOU and of course: Take care and I hope I will read from you again (hopefully soon)

You just made my evening
Onari chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Yay! Yes! Yes! Yes!

You might not believe it, but this has been my reaction at sweeing a new story by you _

Let's see...yummy, yummy...

""He hasn't come back in. Sat out there all night. In the car. What's left of it, anyway."

-Ouch, my poor boys. Both of them :S

You know? I'm sort of...coming to some kind of understanding of Sam lately. I've always loved him to death, but you know me, and I'm also very judgemental of his actions sometimes. The thing is, people is always ready to pounce upon him and I'm starting to get defensive. I was thinking about it while reading his conversation with Bobby. Why is it that suddenly Sam is the less indicated to understand and help Dean through his grief (according to John's friend, at least)?

Not that it doesn't make sense...Sam's closer to the problem, cannot think clearly, he necessarily reminds Dean of John, etc etc. I get it. Don't mind me at all, as I said, it's just me getting defensive. Maybe I just like to argue :D

""Oh, what, so it's better to beat the hell out of your car? That it? I don't get you."

Then again, Sam proves everyone right sometimes!

"He had one second to open his mouth, one second to change his mind, one second to reach for Sam, one second to pull his brother toward him and away from the window, and one second to gasp in a breath he was sure would be his last."

Perfect moment.

"Sam shifted his eyes over the rest of Dean's awkwardly sprawled body and could see almost instantly that his shoulder was out of its socket. "

- Ouch, dammit! I hate this so much! With your permission, I'll read it over quickly, as long as we are talking of displaced or broken bones. I just can't take it :S

"Dean slid his eyes up Sam's awkwardly balanced form, his lips quirking.

"Shut up," Sam grumbled. "You got any better ideas?"

- :-D

""It's fine," Sam assured him. "Give them to me. Take your jacket off and get behind him."

"What do Iā€”?"

"You're gonna have to hold him."

Shiver...shiver...and shiver some more.

"The scream of pain that erupted from Dean through the cloth gag..."

- Ok, I'll assume it's safe to read again. I completely ignored the previous paragraph. Sorry!

"Sam leaned against the wall, his eyes heavy on Dean.

"I'm not gonna vanish, Sam."

"What?"

"Quit staring at me like that." Dean shifted. "You're starting to creep me out."

- :D :D

"It was the beat," Sam said softly, and Dean turned to see his brother's eyes on him. "He recognized the beat."

- I love u.

Just a quick note to let you know that, although I'm not quoting it so far, I'm totally enjoying th patching scene in the bathroom _

"We're not okay," Sam whispered, glancing at his brother. "But I'm not going anywhere. You're not alone, Dean."

-You just wanna make me cry.

Oh, my dear, it was indeed powerful and most entertaining. Also quite sad, though. Definitely enjoyable.

And now, I should go to bed!

Lots of love,

L xx
jp1230 chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Thank you for another wonderful story, I'm always thrilled to see new stories from you I can't wait to read the next one.
MommaB chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
How cool! I've been having "Gaelic" wothdrawal. I will be reading this over the next few days but wanted to say thanks for the story. Your life has been very busy over the past months. It sounded like you had a great time in Chicago. Well deserved. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that they figure out what is going on with your baby.
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
You know I opened this file up on my computer the other day for a read ... seriously lol I always loved this one. I mean I love all of your fics but I do really adore this one. That time after John dies is definately something I love to dig a little deeper in and you gave Dean a dislocated shoulder Hee!

Plus i rememeber when I first read this and I read your descriptions of the baby the first thoughts that popped into my head were you know who with her cute little mohawk. Plus this story had something else i love to see. Dean interacting with kids ... and a baby no less! Fantastic.

Wick was cool also. I have to say that you always give your OC's real character which helps me identify with them as if I were watching an actor play them.

You know already how awesome i think you are and how much i loved this story but it can never hurt to be told again right? AWESOME! Glad this is finally being posted :)

Tara x0x