Reviews for River of Blood
aljanny chapter 14 . 3/28/2012
Wow.

That's all I can think right now. I was just looking to read something to take my mind off of stress for a few minutes, and ended up enthralled for hours!

Your writing, pacing, and characterizations are all excellent. Definitely favoriting!

Also, I really appreciate the level of attention to detail and the research that you put into this. It brings the story to another level.
AreYouSirius-questionmark chapter 14 . 3/11/2012
This is a really cool story story, especially when I read the background history of the Brothers. Thank you for writing, your style is very enjoyable to read :)
Emmers224 chapter 14 . 12/20/2010
Genius. Pure and absolute genius. I honestly have not stumbled upon a story as well thought out and just...stunning as yours. Blew my mind out of the waters. The amount of research it had to of taken to make the pieces fit alone is just amazing. That's some dedication there! And to think he Griffiths were your ancestors! Oh my gosh. Words cannot describe. Very freakin awesome doesn't quite cover it but its all I can think of at the moment. I just loved it! Every bit of it. And how perfect is it than to set this early season 3? Way! Hehe. Like I said before, brilliantly planned. Every detail immaculate. How the two sets of brothers were tied to each other just makes this feel all the more real too. Dropping the Winchesters in the middle of the Civil War is an inventive idea that the writers of Supernatural should be jealous of! Truly amazing. And once again, your attention to detail was spot on. From learning how to reload a musket to knowing how to fall in line during battles. I wouldnt find a thing out of place even if I tried.

Stunning, jaw dropping, awe inspiring, heart pounding, touching, historic, mysterious, BEAUTIFUL story! What a treasure to stumble upon. I am honored to add as a favorite. Thanks for posting such an amazing piece. My brains going to be chewing on this for weeks!
gaelicspirit chapter 14 . 11/17/2010
I've been wanting to get time to read this story for so long! It was incredibly entertaining, often times heartwrenching in its historical accuracies and brotherly bonds (forged or torn apart) and the kind of humor that makes you smile while you rub your heart. Thank you so much for giving me the heads up; I would have hated to miss this!

I adored your A/N here at the end. It made everything so *real*. I grew up in a family where visiting Civil War battlefields and seeing re-enactments were considered "fun vacations time." :) I have been to Chickamauga, Shiloh, Gettysburg, Chattanooga, Cemetery Ridge, and others. That aspect of this story was haunting and poignant and I LOVED it.

The time travel aspect (Quantum Leap for the win!) was fantastic. I had never read a SPN time travel story before I wrote Heroes for Ghosts and really enjoyed this version! I'm glad I didn't read it first, though! LOL!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us and for all of the time and incredible amount of attention you gave this. Your preparation and skill showed and is hugely appreciated.

Slainte!
XspriteyX chapter 13 . 10/14/2010
Well I for one enjoyed ths story despite the sadness brought on by war, but anyway it was wonderful to read about brothers strong bonds. Gret work!
vonnie836 chapter 14 . 10/2/2010
I have to tell you that I enjoyed this story immensely. I'm a sucker for historical stories and especially true ones. So to read this last chapter about what actually happened to your ancestors and to make the connection to how you put them into the story was amazing. You obviously did a lot of research and although the dialogue and how things went down was made up, it rang very true. In all this you brought Dean and Sam's relationship in as what in the end was the reason for Lew to look for his brother. And you also used the civil war brothers to bring Sam and Dean to some conclusions about their relationship. This was certainly not just another story, yet rather something much more special. It reads like a historical novel based on true events and there is a passion in here that is amazing. You really were able to bring out the bond between brothers. It was at its best right there. Hugs, vonnie
Lisa O'Brien chapter 14 . 7/2/2010
Okay, so I've already reviewed, but WOW! I'm blown away by the writing, the story and the historical detail that was so well researched.

Thank you!
Lisa O'Brien chapter 9 . 7/2/2010
I am really, really enjoying this story. I don't usually read stories that have anything close to the idea of "time travel" in the summary because so few writers can pull it off. You are definitely a huge exception from the way you got them there to the historical accuracy with the details of the time period and the dialog. The parallel with the two sets of brothers is AMAZING.

This is also the last of your Supernatural stories for me to read. I hope you're working on more.

Thanks,

Lisa O'Brien
SunnyZim chapter 14 . 6/30/2010
Oh my goodness! That is so COOL! I can't believe that Lew and Leamon were actually real people and Lew was your grandfather! Awesome! I love it when one had cool family history like that! I think my great-great grandfather was a doctor in England who had 12 children...I DO know that my great-grandfather fought in France in the first world war and won a medal for bravery there. That is so awesome though and totally adds a whole new element to this story - thanks for sharing it with us!:-D
SunnyZim chapter 13 . 6/30/2010
I LOVED this!:-D Masterfully written and thought-out and truly fascinating - loved the mirror consequences and really enjoyed the reflections on Chaos Theory. I'm so glad that Lew and Leamon got to have closure at the end;-) This was a fantastic, truly original story and I thoroughly enjoyed it - thank-you!
SunnyZim chapter 6 . 6/29/2010
I am THOROUGHLY enjoying this so far! It is very well-written, your characterisation of the brothers is spot on and I am loving the historical aspect of it as well - I have always loved history but never studied American history so I am finding this simply fascinating! I love the originality of the storyline and I am dying to find out what happens next! Great job on this!
starg8fans chapter 14 . 6/3/2010
Wow, what an amazing way to preserve and share your family history! And good for you to take the time to research the story so thoroughly. The fact that so much of it is true makes it even more special.

Thanks for this wonderful read, I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.
starg8fans chapter 8 . 6/3/2010
I only just discovered this fic (found it on the favorites list of somebody else, and was intrigued by the premise of our boys in the Civil War), so I'm reading this pretty much in one go, but I gotta stop here and tell you how much I love your analysis of Sam and Dean in this chapter. The way you prove and disprove the stereotypes of Sam as being the bookish one and Dean as the go-getter is just fab.

Apart from that, kudos on a truly marvellous piece of storytelling. Your descriptions of a Civil War battlefield make the scene come alive in my head; the Winchesters' characters are spot on; and your OCs are well fleshed out and utterly likable. Looking forward to reading the rest - I assume the 'bonding spell' and the fact that both Sam and Griffith now have the same scratch on their cheeks will play an important part?
sgs09 chapter 14 . 5/19/2010
Wow that was impressive!

I was enthralled with your story the whole way through. But getting to the end and finding out about your family history with Lew and Leamon was really incredible. :)

Your fic had a very good tone to it. You handled the images of war well, I thought, though I've never been in a battle before. You were very convincing.

It was great writing. Thanks for the fun story!

sgs09
Menthol Pixie chapter 13 . 3/28/2010
I absolutely loved this! What an awesome idea! I could picture it clearly in my head, as if it was an actual episode.

Madebyme turned me on to you and I'm very glad she did. I can't wait to read more of your stuff. Great work!
150 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »