Reviews for River of Blood
XspriteyX chapter 13 . 10/14/2010
Well I for one enjoyed ths story despite the sadness brought on by war, but anyway it was wonderful to read about brothers strong bonds. Gret work!
vonnie836 chapter 14 . 10/2/2010
I have to tell you that I enjoyed this story immensely. I'm a sucker for historical stories and especially true ones. So to read this last chapter about what actually happened to your ancestors and to make the connection to how you put them into the story was amazing. You obviously did a lot of research and although the dialogue and how things went down was made up, it rang very true. In all this you brought Dean and Sam's relationship in as what in the end was the reason for Lew to look for his brother. And you also used the civil war brothers to bring Sam and Dean to some conclusions about their relationship. This was certainly not just another story, yet rather something much more special. It reads like a historical novel based on true events and there is a passion in here that is amazing. You really were able to bring out the bond between brothers. It was at its best right there. Hugs, vonnie
Lisa O'Brien chapter 14 . 7/2/2010
Okay, so I've already reviewed, but WOW! I'm blown away by the writing, the story and the historical detail that was so well researched.

Thank you!
Lisa O'Brien chapter 9 . 7/2/2010
I am really, really enjoying this story. I don't usually read stories that have anything close to the idea of "time travel" in the summary because so few writers can pull it off. You are definitely a huge exception from the way you got them there to the historical accuracy with the details of the time period and the dialog. The parallel with the two sets of brothers is AMAZING.

This is also the last of your Supernatural stories for me to read. I hope you're working on more.

Thanks,

Lisa O'Brien
SunnyZim chapter 14 . 6/30/2010
Oh my goodness! That is so COOL! I can't believe that Lew and Leamon were actually real people and Lew was your grandfather! Awesome! I love it when one had cool family history like that! I think my great-great grandfather was a doctor in England who had 12 children...I DO know that my great-grandfather fought in France in the first world war and won a medal for bravery there. That is so awesome though and totally adds a whole new element to this story - thanks for sharing it with us!:-D
SunnyZim chapter 13 . 6/30/2010
I LOVED this!:-D Masterfully written and thought-out and truly fascinating - loved the mirror consequences and really enjoyed the reflections on Chaos Theory. I'm so glad that Lew and Leamon got to have closure at the end;-) This was a fantastic, truly original story and I thoroughly enjoyed it - thank-you!
SunnyZim chapter 6 . 6/29/2010
I am THOROUGHLY enjoying this so far! It is very well-written, your characterisation of the brothers is spot on and I am loving the historical aspect of it as well - I have always loved history but never studied American history so I am finding this simply fascinating! I love the originality of the storyline and I am dying to find out what happens next! Great job on this!
starg8fans chapter 14 . 6/3/2010
Wow, what an amazing way to preserve and share your family history! And good for you to take the time to research the story so thoroughly. The fact that so much of it is true makes it even more special.

Thanks for this wonderful read, I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.
starg8fans chapter 8 . 6/3/2010
I only just discovered this fic (found it on the favorites list of somebody else, and was intrigued by the premise of our boys in the Civil War), so I'm reading this pretty much in one go, but I gotta stop here and tell you how much I love your analysis of Sam and Dean in this chapter. The way you prove and disprove the stereotypes of Sam as being the bookish one and Dean as the go-getter is just fab.

Apart from that, kudos on a truly marvellous piece of storytelling. Your descriptions of a Civil War battlefield make the scene come alive in my head; the Winchesters' characters are spot on; and your OCs are well fleshed out and utterly likable. Looking forward to reading the rest - I assume the 'bonding spell' and the fact that both Sam and Griffith now have the same scratch on their cheeks will play an important part?
sgs09 chapter 14 . 5/19/2010
Wow that was impressive!

I was enthralled with your story the whole way through. But getting to the end and finding out about your family history with Lew and Leamon was really incredible. :)

Your fic had a very good tone to it. You handled the images of war well, I thought, though I've never been in a battle before. You were very convincing.

It was great writing. Thanks for the fun story!

sgs09
Menthol Pixie chapter 13 . 3/28/2010
I absolutely loved this! What an awesome idea! I could picture it clearly in my head, as if it was an actual episode.

Madebyme turned me on to you and I'm very glad she did. I can't wait to read more of your stuff. Great work!
Amy Renee chapter 14 . 1/12/2010
This was beautifully and intelligently written. It really makes you feel and you definately did your homework and it paid off in this creative and imaginative story. Very interesting and good!
borgmama1of5 chapter 14 . 11/23/2009
This is an amazing story! Well-crafted plot and the Civil War detail is compelling, and your portrayal of Dean and Sam, especially Sam's anguish over Dean's deal, rings very true to their characters.

What I particularly admire is how you turned your family history into this story-you obviously did a lot of research to make this a lbor of love!

This was a perfect way to spend an evening during show hiatus!
TheKritty chapter 14 . 10/22/2009
This story truly and purely blew me away. Seriously, I loveloveloved this story. I'm always looking for stories like this one, were Dean and Sammy are thrown into circumstances long gone - but I often find WW one or WW two stories, as in completely AU, and I don't like this story was/is perfect, because it was simply a case the boys were working on and *bam* they were in the middle of soldiers and the whole civil war. I was also purely impressed by the detailed explanation,one just can't not notice that you're intrested in the history of your ancestors and history in general. I love history myself,but since I don't know so much about the history of you guysm I was eager to learn those things. And MAN despite the whole war and action and blood and agony,you captured the boys very very well and there was no lack of brotherly love or hints on their characterisations. There was even some humor, where I really thought 'Dude!You stole Kripke's mind!' or 'Jeez!That was a spn-ish one!'.

I also loved the author notes,I found them very intresting. Thanks for sharing your interest in those things and posting a story where one can read the passion and fun in every phrase.

I had so much fun reading this story!

Greetings from Germany,

Kritty
bhoney chapter 14 . 9/8/2009
Wow. Just...wow. I was moved to tears reading this, to read the first-hand accounts of men who were there during the battle, to think of those men who left their own camps and went searching for their fallen brothers in the night-with so many wounded and dead, what must the odds have been of finding them? And yet they went.

It's amazing that you based this story on your own family history. What a lovely tribute, and legacy, to have the core of that story written down for future generations. And the song was really heartbreaking, too.

It occurred to me that, in your story, in some ways Leamon died for his brother. Because he ultimately went to war to protect his brother's relationship with Betsy and not harm it by his own love for her. And that's really touching, too.

And it's just amazing that Lew really did go looking for Leamon and bring him back. Isn't that what we all want? To believe that someone loves us that much, that they'd go to incredible risk to come find us and bring us home when we can't make it back ourselves?

This is one of those stories that you feel certain has changed you in some way, has reached into your heart and left an imprint there. Thank you for writing it. And for pouring in so much real-life detail.

Well done. A story like this is a really impressive achievement.
146 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »