Reviews for The Queen of Hearts
Avengers13 chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
You killed Joe! I can't believe you! :(
shejams chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
This was creepy, disturbing and brilliantly written.
Even with the slash undertones, I couldn't stop reading. It was truly a mystery and I was tempted to scroll down to the end to find out who the murderer was (even though I suspected right).
The ending was just lovely. I'm glad happy for Chet and Joey is a perfect name for his little girl.
Awesome story!
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
That was really depressing. I suspected Callie from the start, but I think it was mostly because Frank didn't. He suspected anyone else, but never Callie, and to me, that was just too strange to be without a reason.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Wow, I really liked this. It was totally creepy, but in a good way. You did a good job keeping me guessing. I never suspected Callie. I also loved how Callie kept Joe in the freezer after she killed him. That's so...I don't know, just gave me chills, I guess. Very creepy and very cool. :D
Silver Ash chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
This was the second time I've read this story (with several months in between), and it was just as well-written and disturbing now as it was before. I hate reading stories where someone dies, especially Joe or Frank. But I couldn't stop reading this. Even though I was pretty sure I remembered Callie being the killer, even though it was painful to think of Joe being dead and seeing Frank go through so much pain, I had to finish reading the story.

You handled a painful topic well in this dark mystery. And I liked how you dealt with the passing of time. The transitions were so smooth for me that I didn't pause at all while reading.

This was powerful, and I'm sure that I'll read it again someday...but not for a while.
chasinglaughter chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
This was absolutely brilliant. Normally I avoid fics where one of the main characters is dead, but I really couldn't pull myself away while reading this.

The plot was completely compelling. It was chilling, morbid, yeah, but I could really see it happening, even with these characters from my childhood. You kept them true to the original characters, only with more maturity and honestly a bit more realism. Frank, especially. I love who you wrote him, all the glimpses we got of his character, and the small touches of dry humour.

As good as the process of finding out who the murderer was - and that was really good, I was never totally sure whodunit until Callie said it herself - the ending completely blew me away. It was heartbreaking and haunting.

Thank you so much for sharing this. Honestly one of the best stories I've ever read here on FFN.
Jilsen chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I read this story some time ago and meant to review it then, but somehow didn't. I'm making up for that now.

I hated that Joe was dead. Really hated that, but your writing is so urgent and immediate that you had me hooked. I was pulled in. You had just the right amount of information and descriptions. I had to read on and I'm glad I did.

You crafted a great mystery here and I wasn't 100% percent sure who did it. Your reveal was chilling to say the least. And the ending .. I teared up at that.

Well done all the way around. Thanks for sharing an awesome story.
littlenglander chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I totally loved your story, from the very beginning till the end. The best stories are those that make you feel something - yours definitely does: I could physically feel Frank's emotions. The only trouble is that I wanted to know the outcome so much that I must have missed some paragraphs in the rush - I'll have to re-read, I guess, but I'm only looking forward to it. Huge thanks for sharing it with readers.
Lusy611 chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
JOE DIE! I CAN"T BELIEVE IT I DON'T MEAN TO BE RUDE BUT... YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! i'M REALLY DEPRESSED RIGHT NOW. HOW COULD ANYONE MAKE-UP A HARDY STORY WITHOUT JOE AND FRANK TOGETHER! CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE THE STORY?
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
A great story. Very suspensful.
SingleMinded chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
You know what, usually I don't read a story with Joe's death in the first part of the story because I love to read more Joe in character but somehow, it was a cold tragic murder and I was hooked, just like Frank to find out the real murder.

I'm in awe with your way of writing and creating suspense but even when I'm pretty sure about Callie, you seems to successfully drag me away from her with Biff as the suspect. Kudos for you.

But these sentences really tied a knot in my stomach.

THERE WAS A FREEZER IN THE BASEMENT!

Oh my god. So all the time they'd tried to find poor Joe, he was in their OWN house, in the basement! Who'd ever think about that! Poor boy. Really, poor him :(

Thanks for the story. It was published like months ago but I just found it now. Thank God for that.
Liv Lemon chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
How dar eyou steel Alice's story? I know that this one wasnt it) But still, she has TALENT, unlike some! Get a life, son of a b*
whashaza chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
must be one of the best HDB stories I've read in a long long time. Well written. Thank you for a great read.
GracelandFan chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
interesting... "People very rarely come with disclaimers," Frank said. I liked that!
leoparddancehotmail.com chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
I love it.

Well, now that I've got that out of the way... But, in all honesty, this story remined me of how much I used to love the Hardy Boys (and Nanvy Drew). I've started rereading and have been rolling in the nostaglia of my childhood.

'Hearts' reminded me of what I loved about the series. Not just the whodunit, but why.

The story seemed more of a peek into the personal point of view of Frank, and by seeing that you are closer to him. Frank reacted to his brothers death pretty much the way- okay, I never thought of Joe kicking the can, but Frank's reaction is believable. Heartwrenching as a matter of fact. (Is it bad of me that I really liked that?)

Your summary was kickass too. It pulled, it tantalized and boy, it delivered.

The part about Frank dating his dead brother's clone was really well done. It shows what an unhealthy place Frank is in presented like a punch in the gut. Well, maybe no so visceral, but yeah. People do have a tendancy to do that though, Daddy's girls and Mommy's boys alike. Frank just developed a brother complex. Weird, but a very human thing.

Your writing skipped past the anger in reaction to Joe's disapearance and death, and skipped to the dramatic parts. I like the fact you went for the silence after the screams of denale, that speak louder than the screams. The subtext on 'Hearts' could eat you alive, or put ideas into your head at any rate.

Once again, I love it. Job well done. Please, let your imaginations off the hook more often. It's so pretty.