Reviews for A Certain Sunset
Lb chapter 1 . 2/25
this is my favorite csi fic. I thought it was taken down and I was so bummed but then I found it on here and almost cried. Which I know I will do while I'm rereadibg this in all it's glory.
Marvin Fletcher chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
This is the one. This is THE fic. The one that I seek out after having a crappy day, when everything is just... *too much* and I feel like crawling into bed and staying there forever to drown in my own tears. Sorry about the dramatics, but it's true! Thankfully I'm not having those kind of days too often anymore, but this has helped me through some bad times. So thank you for writing it :)

I like the slow burn of this fic (and all your fics, in fact) because it makes the story more believable. Of course, that means your fics are often quite long, but I certainly don't think that's a bad thing. There's just something about the way you write that makes it easy to read. I find I'm carried along by the story instead of rushing to get to the end. The first time I read this one, it felt like I'd just watched a film and your use of songs only adds to that feeling. For me, "November Rain" will forever be associated with damp, steamy diners and the smell of blueberry pie.

I love the way you write. One part that stands out for me is this description: "In an instant, Nick's head clears and just for a moment, he feels nothing. He's wide open, a blank canvas, waiting for some emotion to swoop in and claim him. Exhilaration, desire, panic and confusion circle uncertainly. Panic wins." Because that's exactly how it is with emotions, isn't it? You don't decide how to feel about something, it just happens (and then you have to deal with the fallout!)

I've read this many times. The first time, I found the ending quite uplifting. The second time I thought it was sad. I couldn't work out why, so I just put it down to the mood I was in. But it kept happening. Why sad? With a little help from fate, they'd found each other again. That's good, isn't it? Maybe it was because so much time had been wasted that could have been spent together. Or was it because here we are, 12 or 13 years down the line, and (in canon) they aren't together anymore? Perhaps it was the thought of spoiling the memory of that one perfect summer with the reality of bad habits and arguments about domestic chores. I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I worked it out. It was because I was jealous. Jealous of their perfect summer romance, jealous they found each other again, and jealous that I'll never have that. You made me jealous of something that never happened. That truly is some power you wield in that pen-slash-keyboard of yours! Thankfully you use your powers for Good rather than Evil :)

Anyway, I've waffled on for long enough. To sum up, this is probably my favourite CSI fic. (Although I am also rather fond of "Altruism"). Thank you for taking the time to write it and thank you for sharing it. And I'll now give you fair warning to expect more rambling reviews from me in the not too distant future (sorry!)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
So I'm here years later on a rec from Patchfire, who said this was one of her favorite fics of all time. And I found your argument for leaving feedback compelling!

This story is just beautiful. You really captured that summer love, first love feeling. I loved reading this. Thanks for sharing it.
Aurora chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I have never read a single CSI fic before today. This was so beautifully written, it made my heart soar. This is by far, one of my favourite stories ever, across all fandoms. Wonderful job.
XxPurplePerfectRosexX chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Oh wow. I've read a few Nick/Greg fanfics but this is by far my favourite one! This is awesome. Great job! x
FairyDeath chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This is above all my favorite story! It was so cute! I was smiling and laughing the whole time! Never stop writing you're so gifted.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
goooooooooooorgeous. ALL THE FEELS.
mindgameplay chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
awesome story!
Ravenmaiden chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I stumbled across this while looking for something to read so I could unwind and get to sleep. It kept me up until 2am instead. Honestly, an amazing piece of writing. I'm not usually a fan of AU but it works so well. Very believable characters, good pacing and build up, it's rare to find romantic ff that isn't overdone. Absolutely loved it.
Milly3c chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Well, I stayed awake till half one in the morning to finish this, that's how much I enjoyed it! And I'm so glad for the cute and fuzzy happy ending, it was all wonderful! Really hope you write lots and lots more Sara's Girl!
Amy Ehren chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I'm just sitting here sobbing because this was beatiful and wonderful and I loved it and I have all the feels and can't handle them. It reminds me of a situation I was in last summer, myself at 17 and her at 23, and a friendship before I realized I loved her. Though she wasn't the one for me, this story was really what happened with her. It really struck a nerve and it was made all the more believable and beautiful. The end was how I imagine things will go when the girl I truly do love turns 18. Just that nervousness, unsure of how to proceed. It was just so personally relateable and beautifully written. I really did cry. It was wonderful.

Lots of love,

Amy Ehren
ButteryflyFarie chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
I don't know if I've reviewed this before, but I've just sat and reread it - it's at the start of my list of 'things to read now that it's the summer holidays and I have nothing to do'. And I just have to say that I love this just as much as I loved it the first time I read it. I love the take on how Greg and Nick met and the fact that it's AU but not really AU and yet still entirely believable and there's plot but there's also sex but it's not meaningless because they love each other and there's a bit of angst but there's lots of fluff so it's okay and jsjakdjskdja. I love it. Thank you.
Orangeatic chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Absolutely wonderful!
SylvieT chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
The whole story was simply captivating. I'm not into Nick/Greg but I thoroughly enjoyed every 30 000 words or so. Beautifully told story and first love.
lotzalove chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
WOW... i actually can't think of anything else to say... just WOW... that was captivating :D your portrayal of the charecters was so perfect, it made me feel like i was falling in love 3 it takes me back to summer in california :') thank you, for makind my day