Reviews for Bella's One Fear
BreBre23 chapter 1 . 8/3/2016
I'm going to be completely honest about everything

1) I used to like twilight when i was in like middle school. I secretly still do like it to an extent such as if it were written differently and i tend to favor the post new moon fics where bella struggles to forgive edward. Unlike how she quickly forgives him in the actual book and is proposed to without hesitation. I'm debating whether or not to write my own version of it too.

2) I don't think i can believe that is the first story you wrote. I can't describe to you how much it had everything i was looking for. It's beyond amazing and it's definetly a rare jewel i found in this fandom. I honestly believe that you wrote it better than Stephanie Myer did or better than she could hope to write (twilight). I rarely ever say that and its just incredible to picture the very short story in my mind.

3. The characterization was more than excellent. I adore the relationship Bella and Angela have, i love their bonding and how it seemed like they really are best friends. Rather than Bell blowing off everyone of her friends it the actual book. I honestly didn't like how all of the cullens (at least to me) tend to take over Bella's social life. Such as Alice serving as her best friend/sister/protector. What you did was create more depth to her.

4. This really inspired me to write even better than i do now and to learn the characters even better from Twilight before i write anything for the fandom. (though i'm not as into twilight as i was when i was younger). You made it just so realistic. with realistic emotional responses than Bella just shutting down from everything.

5. I like the reasons you gave that Bella didn't return to Edward and the cullens and is not even thinking about another relationship. Such as jacob for that matter. Can't say i like the love triangle in any published book or fanfiction. Unneccesary drama in my opinion.

6. It really makes me wonder what it would be like if you wrote all 3 of the twilight books with the logic that you show in your writing. (i dont count breaking dawn because Myer defied a lot of her own vampire rules and too much mary sueness with nessie)

I really didn't like just one thing but a bunch of different qualities that made up your story. I really love everything about it and it will be one that i read over and over again. Had to favorite it because its so awesome and if i didn't, it would be my luck that i would never find it again. and that has happened to me multiple times. But just from this i can tell you really make the words you string together come to life.
Arishawke chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I really enjoyed this story. Not only was it beautifully written, but the context is original and well thought out. While there are a lot of stories that contain Bella-Angela relationships, you truly captured the essence of their obvious bond. Both Bella and Angela stayed in character perfectly: Bella with her self-deprecating manner, and Angela with her emphatic concern for Bella. This insight into Bella's mind is also fairly relatable to many people out there who are reading. The thought of not being worthy enough for another is common, and I think you portray that fear exquisitely. Personally, I've never felt a love so strong as what you have Bella feel, but your writing makes me want to feel it... to feel what genuine love is. The conclusion of your story was also excellently executed. Bella's fear hasn't left her completely, but through Angela's gentle nature and kind gestures, that fear has been quelled for the time being.
Amazing job!
M
BackToScotland chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
A great story. Very well written.
ginna5683 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
im glad to have read a story that shows the friendship between angela and bella. angela is a very kind person, and while she wasnt as close to bella as alice and jacob she was still her best "human" friend. she is too often ignored. im very glad you wrote this :)
theonewhoforgets chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
i really enjoyed your story. I guess i just like characters that usually take a back seat for most people. Angela is a good friend, but is usually looked over by people. Its all about the vampires for them. Bella and the Cullen clan. well, what about when it was just Bella? so yes, i enjoyed it. it showed how, Bella isn't just about Edward, or the Cullens, but she is her own person, with her own friends who care about her.
Avarenda chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Aw. I always liked Angela, just because she was never shallow like Jessica, a complete bitch like Lauren, or always trying to get into her pants like Mike and Tayler.

She seemed to be a real sweetheart who cared about her friends, and i think this oneshot is a great representation of that.

Thanks for writing it.
ebhg chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
This was refreshingly different:)

It's nice to see Angela step up as a concerned friend. This was exactly what I had hoped for in Eclipse; I really enjoy Angela as a character, and in the end I think that Bella wouldn't have been so thoroughly confused if she had taken this route in the first place, supernatural boyfriend or not:)

Great job:)

ebhg:)
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Very nice. Well-written and true to the characters. It's easy in the books when Bella just has her epiphany and doesn't doubt Edward's love and devotion ever after, but it's a bit too neat and quick. I enjoyed this more realistic alternative. And I like how Angela just lets her get it out. By the way, I wrote a story (Frantic) in which Edward is listening in as these two chat over the envelopes!
nobing chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Ok, I am going to stop being a lurker and have a say. You have a very intellectual writing style that I appreciate. Your understanding SM's characters is not fluffy and superficial, it is thorough. I agree with the other reviewers of this one-shot-Angela needed more face time in the story. She is the friend that Bella needed, but at 2500 pages of story I understand why she didn't get more development. Thank you for this insightful look at Angela!
Safaia Bara chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
This story was fantastic. I've been wanting to review it for a while, but time has just been slipping through my fingers.

I absolutely love that you put Angela in the spotlight for once. I never thought she got enough recognition in the books or the movie. And you kept both girls in character perfectly. We always knew Bella had a self-esteem issue, and you portrayed her logic wonderfully.

And Angela is really the only true friend (aside from the Cullens) that Bella has in the story. I mean, she was the one who stuck by Bella throughout her entire depression. Angela was my favorite supporting human in the whole series.

Now, on to your writing...I have one word- superb! It was beautifully done and I applaud your attention to detail. And the conversation between the two is so accurate- I can just picture Stephanie Meyer writing it. You diction, grammar, and punctuation, from what I can tell, is flawless.

Fantastic job! I think I just may read MSR once things start to settle down.

You asked me before about some of my favorite stories; I can send you PM with a short list of some of my favorites if you want. (I know I have over three hundred- let's just say I used to have a lot of time on my hands! ) Just tell me what types of stories you like (pairings, genres, etc...) and I'll see what I can do.

Once again, I really loved this fic- amazing work!

*SB*
OstentatiousQuerida chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I wish Angela was mentioned more in the books. She's the friend Bella needs, and has the human perspective Alice lacks, (though I'm sure there was a time when Alice doubted she wasn't enough for Jasper).

I like how she barely had to say anything, and yet she allowed Bella to express everything that was worying her. Angela seems to be very good at reading people, observant, quite like Bella. I bet she'd have an interesting vampire skill.

I liked this one-shot, you wrote the characters perfectly. It really is a shame Stephenie didn't develop their relationship further.
tersaseda chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Ah...a lovely "What If..." moment!

You've taken everything that Mrs. Meyer hints at/has Bella express from time to time re: feeling incredibly inadequate for Edward, and have put it all here into a sensitive, bitter-sweet moment. This is the friendship that I WISH Bella had with Angela. Even with Alice as her best friend/sister, Bella never says that Alice "gets" her or has the insight that Angela does Quite the irony, huh?
xStayWithMe chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Okay, seriously. That was too cute. You never really get to read in character stories like this very often with some other characters. Angela is so sweet! Very nicely done.
life takes time chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
Poor over sensitive Bella *sniffle*

And I love Angela, she is so sweet, you definatly wrote her perfectly