Reviews for Espy
Feather chapter 5 . 7/8/2013
HAHA! That made me laugh a lot! I love how this chapter made me feel like Yuffie was actually telling the story, with all the caps and lines like:
"Yuffie's kind of like a windup toy, in that sometimes it just runs out of steam. Fwoosh." and
"When Yuffie first met Squall she was SCARED, like oh my gosh this man is going to snap one day and kill THE WHOLE FREAKIN' TOWN except that he actually didn't." and
"Then the world pretty much exploded. Sora defeated Ansem (who wasn't really Ansem) and things were CRAZY CAKES for awhile. Eventually when the dust settled they were in a house that was way to small while Cid argued with Merlin and um, Cloud was gone again which really sucked. Everyone forgot, and then everyone remembered again" and
"Cloud came back and went around on KILL SEPHIROTH mode, stupid blonde that he was." and
"Squall stood up with her, and then SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENED."
Yay for slight Squiffie! You're an amazing writer, please don't stop!
Sorry for the super long review :D
I'm Symphony's Feather here.
mickXfan chapter 5 . 6/16/2011
asghjgdsfagh I LOVE CHAPTER 5!

the whole writing style had so much Yuffie-ness in it and it's always awesome seeing things through her eyes.

usually, with this kind of style, it's hard not to go into babbling-mode but you wrapped this one up nicely :)

so POETIC LICENSE FTW!
mickXfan chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
BAHAHAHA! This's the first time I've ever cracked up 5 seconds into reading a fanfiction. Just saying :D
Rhino7 chapter 41 . 4/9/2011
Hahaha, much love for this one.

It's refreshing to see Leon and Cloud interacting without the yaoi factor. And the fact that they don't quite get along really fleshes this out believably. Cloud's flighty tendencies were a nice touch. As was Eeyore on caffeine, never read that before!

As for the epic...I adore teasers. They're so...teasy. You've really got me wondering about that story too...I'll be keeping an eye out for it!

_
clow-san chapter 17 . 4/9/2011
Short but very serious and heart rendering.
clow-san chapter 12 . 4/9/2011
Ah! Lovely. I love the FFVII reference.
SilverInkblot chapter 41 . 4/8/2011

This was win. Freaking win. I can't believe you wrote it XD

The coffee thing was new, but it made the story. I have this image of a Beatnik Eeyore now and it's making my night. I can just see him in his little beret drinking coffee and listening to a poetry slam about how we've all lost our metaphorical tails XD

LOVES 3
Apakoha chapter 41 . 4/6/2011
Ahahahaha, this is way too good. XD Cloud and Leon make my life. Even better than you were making it out to be!

Eagerly awaiting the next. D
AKApolarbear chapter 41 . 4/6/2011
Oh, God...Eeeyore on a coffee rush. It really doesn't help that my mom's favorite Winnie the Pooh character is Eeyore. I, myself, prefer Tigger.

Anyway, onto the actual review. I only need one word to sum this up: BRILLIANT. There's really no other words I can find to describe this othr than brilliant. The humor was fantasic and I felt you really captured the situation realistically...or at least as realistic as Winnie the Pooh can get.

I could say more, but if I tried, it would just all come back to brilliant. So that's how I plan on ending this review.

BRILLIANT.

-Org13 out-
Ricorum Scaevola chapter 41 . 4/6/2011
That. Was Great.
LM22102 chapter 40 . 1/19/2011
Absolutely ADORED this; Yuffie/Zack interaction is always welcomed. I always thought they'd pair up great due to similar personalities. Zack's cuteness is nearly illegal in general so I love how you pointed that out.

Request for more Zack/Yuffie!
Rhino7 chapter 40 . 1/13/2011
Yes! I have been anxiously awaiting this one! Wonderfully executed. It flowed nicely.

Zack! Oh I am a happy chipmunk! He is the greatest, and you wrote him in very well, not in your face obvious but not buried in there anywhere either. The hints at crossing paths with Cloud were seamless. And the way he just disappeared really lends some mystery to where he came from, why is he here, is he a ghost...very nice.

The imagery in this one was great. I could visualize what was going on and it was humorous to imagine. The "not that this isn't comfy" bit made me smile. Gah, I envy your Yuffie skills.

Duke! I'm flattered that she's gotten such a following. What a name for a little girl, haha. Thank you for the shout out! Makes me feel all warm and funny inside XD It was a lovely cameo.

I feel compelled to provide a prompt, since you've given me several wonderful challenges on These Lines of Lightning...Hm...I feel that I must request something hinting at LeonxTifa (bet you didn't see THAT coming! haha). It can be as subtle or flirtatious as you're comfortable with!

Lovely work, as always. _
Apakoha chapter 40 . 1/12/2011
WHOOOOAAAAA I LOVE ZACK WHAT IS THIS CRAZY PLOT WHERE DEAD PEOPLE COME BACK

Seriously? I call undead conspiracy. Or spiritual prank.

Unforgettable Green Eyes chapter 39 . 1/10/2011
Ah, but who's to say that adding doesn't fix things too? Sometimes, it's not just covering up or hiding away something you don't want others to see that adding is good for-it becomes a part of whatever is is you want to have fixed.

Yeah, like the town, their clothes, their lives, they themselves will get tears but they'll just keep getting back up on their feet and sewing themselves back together. No matter how tough they think they've become or how bad things get, when they think there's no way they can be hurt anymore or fixed anymore, somewhere, somehow, it'll happen, and they'll surprise themselves and learn and find a way to heal. They'll mend themselves together again and build on what was there before and continue on, stronger than ever.

Anyway...well done on this piece. I love it. I wasn't going to review so many times in a row but aggh, I can't wait for someone else to leave a review after my other ones before I could put another one up. ;)
Unforgettable Green Eyes chapter 38 . 1/10/2011
Yay, a very heart-warming Christmas! It put a smile on my face to see everyone together and happy. Or happily suffering in the men’s case lol. LeonXYuffie is even more odd to me than LeonXAeris is but Yuffie’s enthusiasm and hyper-geticness (yes, that’s a word-one of my best friends coined it to describe this super-energetic kid we knew so I say it’s a word ;) ) in this piece brings out her youth and makes the pairing just simply fun and light and not something to be taken seriously.

There are moments of silliness and moments of warmth and love with the group, just like with a real family. As always, I adore seeing Cloud and Aeris together. Even though this piece is about the group as a whole, there are glimpses of just the two of them that just make you go, “Aww,” and melt into a puddle. I love how Aeris knew that Cloud would be home for Christmas, and the way she takes care of him-picking the crumbs out of his hair (but he must be a messier eater than a toddler; was he perhaps mashing the cookies in his hair? lol ). An altogether lovely and fun chapter. I only wish I’d read it on Christmas now!