Reviews for In His Name
Nightfall Rising chapter 2 . 2/3
Outside my own work, this is the only place I've ever seen Severus use Mithridates' prophylactic, and I was delighted to see it. I also like your attachment of a curse/horrible side effects to it as an explanation for why it's not in common use—in an HPverse whose magic has deep roots in either spirituality or a Jungian collective unconscious, that makes a lot of sense.
Chantilly's Mom chapter 14 . 8/10/2014
Oh please don't let this be the last of the story...there's so much more to be read. How can you leave it in the middle like this? I don't have the imagination to carry it on myself. Thanks for sharing what you have.
BookWorm624 chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Is this abandoned?
valiha978 chapter 14 . 3/11/2014
Just thought I should let you know that I'm also one of those who check back often to see if there have been any updates. This is one of the most interesting works in the HP fandom, and I would really like to see it come to a conclusion. Thank you for writing it!
BookWorm624 chapter 14 . 1/26/2014
Still checking periodically to see if it is updated! I hope you do soon! This is one of my favorites!
Catlady1960 chapter 14 . 12/28/2013
Great story, wish you would finish it.
RowanRhys chapter 14 . 10/22/2013
Wow! I could not stop reading even to review each chapter, I was so enthralled! Please let there be more to this amazing tale; I adore the blend of all the various magical into the HP universe. I weep and ache for the Potion Master's fate, for Minerva's grief and burden, even as I rejoice in Hagrid's full assumption of his own magic, and in the re-making of Hogwarts school.

A powerful tale whose conclusion I do most sincerely hope to see.

Well done!
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 4/11/2013
Ah, dear Slughorn. So protective of his Slytherins-and yet not a word he said in canon when they were ejected from the castle right before the battle. But then, Albus trained him well; a Gryffindor's word counts for more than his students, and always has. Hence the Slug Club, a way to create influence in other houses because he knew that favoring his own house in any way would be frowned upon by that glorious Headmaster-and not having the courage to do it anyway, the way Snape did.

He shows up well here; but then, he doesn't have to help a Slytherin against a Gryffindor, does he? He can help Draco without worrying about Minerva being angry at him, knowing that he was summoned by her to do so.

But the courage to stand against a group of Marauders, or of a Deputy Headmistress delighted to be rid of the House of Snakes? Not so much.

And Draco's journey is terrifying; and yet he proceeds on his way, trembling and shaking. That's courage.
Squibstress chapter 2 . 12/7/2012
Just a quick note to let you know how much I'm enjoying this. Looking forward to more!
the real snape chapter 14 . 11/25/2012
What a pleasure to see an update to this fine story!

And Nagini is wonderfully-drawn. I can practically hear his voice.

Such a thoughtful detail, that Slytherin children learn the formal greeting from childhood.

And Draco thinking of his weak left side, and the advantage Potter took of that. Truly, our lad is beginning to come back to life.

A great update, my dear.
Saramagician chapter 14 . 11/22/2012
Ummmm...It was a little strange, but I like it! Update sooooooon...
bacrawford chapter 2 . 11/20/2012
I just discovered the story today and have finished the first two chapters. This is a beautiful realization of what promises to be a complex, challenging tale.

I'll review again after I've read the remaining chapters.
notwolf chapter 14 . 11/20/2012
Even now Draco wants to stick to his blood and breeding. I guess in his mixed up world, it's all he has to cling to. Loved the conversation with the Snake, and how I thought at first it might be somehow Lyra, too.

I like the image of Narcissa giving Draco one of his first lessons, and being of a motherly sort-one to protect him. And Nagini, the good version. Can't wait to see how she helps him.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 14 . 11/20/2012
Great twist! I'm so glad to see another chapter for this fine story. You create such an effective, mysterious atmosphere, and your Nagini is a wonderful character, far more interesting than in canon.
Swallow B chapter 14 . 11/19/2012
I am always happy to see a new chapter to this story.

You have developed quite an understanding of Draco, up to his counting in broom-lengths and notions of blood and breeding and "only mothers, fools and dead men". Draco is doing the best he can with his understanding. What painful learning, though.

Looking forward to more.