Reviews for Penance
JessicaJ chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
This was something different, touching and lasting. Interesting idea that Tifa and Aries both knew about their respective feelings.

I like how Tifa's life has panned out, or at least, how different it is from how other people, including myself, portray it.

I can't help but feel that you should continue it- I liked how shy Tifa was around Reeve- you had a point that they wouldn't really know each other at all, though He probably would know her more than she knew him.

Good story, adding to my favourites!

JJ
blueravenchick chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
That was a very cute story! Now, I'm going to check out more of your work...
Iris Mist chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
You know, I never liked Aerith much before. I've always thought she was kind of boring and lacked a personality, and it didn't affect me at all when she died. But after reading this and your other one "To Meet You," I think my view is changing. O_O Good lord, head for the hills! Almost makes me what to play VII again. That is how powerful your writing is. Absolutely amazing!

I'm a supporter of the Cloud x Tifa pairing, but from the way your wrote, I actually highly approve of what happened. Seems like Tifa needed to grow on her own. Besides, it doesn't mean they can't get back together in the future. ;P

And the ending was somehow really powerful. I made me hopeful that she would run into one of her old companions, but the fact that she didn't made it... more powerful? Yeah, not the most articulate person in the world. _*
Thyme In Her Eyes chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
A very moving read and somewhat depressing, but - naturally - not to the point of being an unsatisfying read or anything _ Again, the pointless little things that everyone else seems to forget about like the need for women's hygene products are your strength. When they all come together really make your stories marvellous. It brings so much realism into the characters and their relationships. You can really grasp the empty feeling and empathise with the hollowness in Tifa's life after Aeris' death. It really brings out the strength of their friendship and the emotional effect Aeris had on Tifa and how important they were to each other as friends. And your account of a Cloud/Tifa relationship running its course is very original, though I do think it's highly likely that her insecurities of being only second best next to Aeris could damage a romantic relationship between herself and Cloud. And the Reeve cameo was unexpected and touching (or so the Reeve-fanatic in me screams). You do dark, angsty pieces very well because you don't go for trying to get people in fits of tears or anything; you just leave us with a sense of emptiness at the end. The darkness is all in the atmosphere, between the lines. And it truly kicks ass _~
Tifa H chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
This story has a great perspective. It's revealing only in a manner that makes you understand the characters more. I love it! Very, very great work!

-tif
Dale Mallows chapter 1 . 1/6/2002
Sad... but very sweet. I think it was good, keep it up. _~
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2002
Your story is sooooo good... That's not all of it is it? Please write more!
Laura Hallens chapter 1 . 12/23/2001
Wow. I like this very much. I hadn't read it before, but it's almost... complimentary to mine, in a way.

I have to agree with you about how Aerith and Tifa were friends. And Aerith *was* always incredibly friendly, wanting to be close to everyone.
QueenV chapter 1 . 12/11/2001
Wow, Lirillith. What a great story! I really enjoyed this story. It was very well done and no one was out of character in the slightest! Great job.
Mist188 chapter 1 . 12/7/2001
Absoulutly beautiful. I 'm tongue-tied and I don't kno what to say. Oh, I got it! WHERE IS THE DAMN FAV OPTIONS WHEN YOU NEED THEM!
Desdemona chapter 1 . 12/6/2001
Beautiful. Probably the best portrayal of the Tifa/Aeris(th) friendship I've read.
ScarletSeraph chapter 1 . 11/25/2001
Sweet...in that sad, hollow sort of way...
DJ Akane chapter 1 . 11/24/2001
You did a wonderful job of writing Tifa's perspective. Even though I am a Cloud/Tifa fan, I don't mind them breaking up in fics because realistically I suppose that could happen, and it's a refreshing change from the sappiness that sometimes infects some Cloud/Tifa romance fics. You have a genius for details, Lirillith. The part about the feminine hygiene products was priceless. It's one of those things you often take for granted while playing a video game. _
Aes sedauani k chapter 1 . 11/24/2001
thank you for writing something so moving...very good tifa characterization...more stories soon. ) please?
Ann chapter 1 . 11/24/2001
I love this story. I really love it.