Reviews for Childsplay
glimpsxes chapter 34 . 4/27/2014
Just looovveeddd this fic! 3 You wrote it perfectly! I almost cried so many times and I was so worried one of the characters would die. I've been biting my nails to the last chapter. I'm literally in love with this story and it's references to the show; especially the way you ended it. "A clue: No!" best part. Can't wait to read the sequel after that! Keep up the awesome!
dwatlaskrhtcm chapter 33 . 7/6/2012
Oh my...this chapter was/is AMAZING!My favourite so far!Sorry I haven't reviewd before...but anyway LOVE the chapter as always , :-D , Well Done And Thanks .
Guest chapter 5 . 8/25/2011
I like you story very much but I'm slightly confused from what I've read Guy is the ward of Locksley so does that stil make him a Gisborn. And if so where is his family? Please clarify...
Christini chapter 34 . 12/13/2009
That was truly brilliant :) I read it all in one go and consequently did nothing else with my Sunday evening. I don't think it was wasted.

Queen of Asgard chapter 34 . 12/11/2009
Feeling a touch guilty at the moment.

I'd been a (somewhat) regular reader of this fic a while ago - before it'd been finished - and I'd had it on alert and everything. But then I got really busy in my personal life, and I kind of stopped reading fanfic, so I never really said anything else after my first review or so.

So when I finally remembered this jewel of a story, I just had to come back and read it all in one sitting.

I loved it! Everything about it was wonderful, the romance between Guy and Alice, the side-romance between Robin and Marian. I also quite liked that you kept Guy and Robin at each other's throats throughout the story, because while it was very immature and irritating of them to do, it was also very in character for them.

I got somewhat scared at first, because I thought you were going to be killing off Alice, and all I could think of was what that would do to Guy. But then Robin saved her, and everything was okay again. *wipes sweat from brow* Whew.

The ending was great too! I particularly loved the last line, and how it ended with the famous, "A clue: no" bit. Made me chuckle.

Added this story to my favorites earlier, and I can definitely see myself coming back to it in the future. And I notice that you have a sequel for it posted, so I will definitely check that out the next chance I get. :)
Rinter chapter 11 . 10/29/2009
I found this fic some days ago. I've totally enjoyed reading this so far!

Your chapters are just so long (or short) that they make you want to

continue and read one more :)
Nelle07 chapter 34 . 10/7/2009
Aw is this the end? I loved it!
LadyKate1 chapter 34 . 9/28/2009
I decided to check out this story despite the fact that I usually avoid stories that are set in too much of an AU and I am decidedly NOT a fan of Robin/Marian, Guy/OC stories. Well, I'm glad I gave this one a chance. It is very well-written, for one; I really like your style and the vivid phrases you find, like "he mocked a bow." You have a good sense of narrative. Also, the characters of Guy and Robin are obviously different from canon but in ways that make sense - this Guy is a much nicer Guy (and nicer guy... lol) since he never went through his years with the Sheriff and never committed any of those "heinous crimes." Also, while I generally dislike the idea of Guy "getting over Marian," this is so different from the context of the show that (and Marian herself is so different, IMO) that I don't really mind it here.

A few minor criticisms, if I may. One, you need to watch out for some spelling issues; I've noticed that you spell "lose" as "loose" ("loose" as a verb means "release"). It's a common error, but one aggravating in a writer of your quality. Also, punctuation for dialog: when the words after a line of dialog do not form an independent sentence but only a “tag” to the dialogue (such as “she said,” “he told her,” “he asked,” etc.) the first word in the tag should not be capitalized. For instance:

‘Do you think I appreciate being kept waiting?’ he demanded in loud, rude voice.

Also, when the line of dialog ends in a period and is followed by a dialog tag, the period is changed to a comma. For instance:

‘Be civil,’ he murmured in her ear.

The exception is when the phrase after the dialog holds up on its own as a sentence even without the dialog. For instance: “Guy turned away purposefully showing her his back, and rolling his shoulder experimentally.”

Also, in some cases you leave out the comma before or after a word addressing someone (e.g. “No name my lord” – should be “No name, my lord.”)

Sorry to be so nitpicky but when a story is as good as yours, I hate to see it marred by spelling and punctuation problems.

Also, a couple of points about historical accuracy. I know “Robin Hood” took a LOT of liberties with history and I don’t think it needs to be totally accurate but there were a couple of things that leaped out at me, above all the fact that Alice is on such equal terms with Robin, Marian and Guy when she’s a steward’s daughter. That’s something you just wouldn’t see happen (look at how unequal the relationship between Robin and Much is on the show). If Guy married someone who was not a noblewoman, it would definitely be an issue – I’m not saying it couldn’t happen but it would be something that would have to be addressed. Finally, it’s very implausible that two young women – one of them a noblewoman – would be allowed to travel to the Holy Land on their own without a male escort (such as a servant). It would have made more sense if they had run away disguised in male clothing.

Sorry about the nitpicks, the only reason I’m doing that is that I think you have a lot of potential as a writer! I’d love to see you write a story set in the canon RH universe (maybe with some minor changes).
Oreal770 chapter 34 . 9/28/2009
lol, ohh it's finished! lol

phew, robin saved her, i was getting worried there. Guy, you idiot y did u go in after the horses? and jump in? that WAS kinda stupid!

Hurray there all happy... LOL vaysey...

Loved it :) all the way through. :):)

Oreal
Cindy4806 chapter 34 . 9/27/2009
AH! NO NO NO! If that is who I think it is in Guy and Alice's life now, please Guy run the sheriff through now and get on with your life.

V,

I can not believe this wonderful story has come to a close. Thank you so much for your wonderfully written well loved story. At the risk of being greedy, is there a sequel planned .
Cindy4806 chapter 33 . 9/27/2009
was close, thought we had lost Guy and Alice!

[QUOTE] You’re a right idiot sometimes Guy [ QUOTE]

So true but them that is why he is so GUY and why we love him.

This was a wonderful chappie Thanks!
Heihachi-Katayama chapter 34 . 9/27/2009
Sorry for not reviewing lately, i've had a pretty crazy time. :P

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I never stopped reading or enjoying your story. You have a gift for bringing characters to life. Please keep writing! :D I'll keep reading.
Phoenix2889 chapter 34 . 9/27/2009
Great story :)
LoveSavetheEmpty chapter 34 . 9/27/2009
Aw! The end!

Well done! Those last two chapters had me on the edge of my seat :P

It's probably just me, but didn't the Sherrif always say 'A clue: No'? But I can't remember...you know my memory :D

hehe

Anyway!

It was fantastic!

x
MandyJane chapter 34 . 9/27/2009
Ytirev, I actually cried. REAL tears. This is horribly annoying. I CAN'T BELIVE YOU ALMOST KILLED THEM OFF! Thank god for 'almost'! WHO IS THE IMPATIENT VISITOR? IS IT A CERTAIN KING WE ALL LIKE? OR SOMETHING SLIGHTLY LESS -HIT-ON-THE-HEAD-WITH-AN-ELEPHANT SUBTLE? I NEED TO KNOW!

looking forward to next one!

Mandy xoxox