Reviews for Sorta Classified: The truth about Taiwan
VoyagersFan chapter 3 . 12/28/2008
What a highly dramatic and emotion-filled log entry. Mac may be a rough, tough and fearless one man army on the outside, but his loving and true caring nature comes through in this log.

It's been a while since I've read anything about the black market trading of children as sexual slaves. I think the last time I heard anything of relevence about it was during the Natalee Holloway investigation. One of the original theories about her disappearance was that she was kidnapped by one of these black market rings and sold into sexual slavery. I know, even though there's very little said about it on the news, it still goes on in the world. It's a horrible crime that shouldn't be tolerated by no means.

I can tell you put quite a bit of time into researching this topic, before you started writing this log. The sheer detail of the conditions these children are subjected to is overwhelming. Great piece of work, Mrs Bogg!
VoyagersFan chapter 2 . 12/28/2008
Hotel Ching Ching...If he had written Hotel Cha-ching, Cha-Ching, I would have not been able to stop laughing. I don't think Jack Stryker would have had a problem with him saying he was an experienced Outrider...heck, I'd say Jack probably used that line sometime in his past as well. You know, it's too bad Mac and Jack didn't have the opportunity to team up in some episodes of Cover-Up. Don't get me wrong, I like Jon-Erik's performance as Mac, but I also like Antony Hamilton's performance as Jack as well. I would have loved to see Mac and Jack on the same case, going after the bad guys. Oops, I think I've probably let the plot-bunny out of the cage with this one. LOL!

I love the comments about the Levis label. ROFLOL!

Great Job!
VoyagersFan chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Oh my, Mrs Bogg... Have you ever outdone yourself with this one. This is so very interesting. Especially the background on Mac himself. His invented cover, Eddie Bauer... had me rolling on the floor in stitches. What a great piece of work, and that's just this chapter so far. I can't wait to read the next two installments.
spencerthekat chapter 3 . 12/1/2008
Well, you certainly out did yourself with this one. So different for you with the journaling idea. I do hope that we see more of these, cuz I thought that the concept of it was great. You used a very moving idea with this story - BRAVA to you!

p.s. So sorry Mrs. PB that it took me so long to r/r with this one ::sigh:: dumb computers!
spencerthekat chapter 2 . 12/1/2008
Even with having such a serious subject matter, you've managed to put alot of humor so far into the story (which as you already know, I LOVE...ROFLOL). Gosh, and I wanted to add Ching Cheng to my itinerary if I was ever in Taipei...NOT...hee hee.
spencerthekat chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Wow - talk about a assignment...whoa - Deep stuff there! :O I know that this really goes on, it is so HORRIBLE for those poor kids that are out there. It's just sick that people par-take in that...EW! :(

It is too bad that there really aren't too many people like Mac - going to fight the injustices and try to save what he can. You've got a heavy subject with this one. I like that you wrote this in a journal format - very different style for you. I like it. :)

p.s. Nice background on Mackie & what a good outrider agent number! ;P
Jake Crepeau chapter 3 . 11/28/2008
Woh! Heavy-duty stuff, Mrs. PB! Thanks so much for tackling this hot-button topic.

I love the little backstory tidbits about Mac-cherry-bombing the staff bathrooms? Oh, that's priceless! Kind of reminds me of the "royal flush" my brother and some of his friends coordinated in high school many, many moons ago.