Reviews for Doom of Ilium
Bonnygirl10 chapter 1 . 9/4
Those comparisons to the Fall of Troy were so well done, and your writing is beautiful! My throat actually choked up when I read about Edmund's end, and the kind man's words. Poor Susan- I felt so sorry for her, being left behind when the rest of her family is dead. Just a question with the book, though- did Lewis describe the train crash or the funerals? My memory's a bit hazy...
I loved this, please keep it up! Xx
Swiftlet in the Cloud chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
I absolutely love it. Especially that bit about Edmund protecting Peter until the end. Plus it was a wonderful combination of 2 of my loves, Narnia and Greek myths. Wonderfully awesome job.
Miss mia chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Ok- love the comparison. But what I love more, hard as it is to believe, is your love of the classics. Hopefully you've challenged someone to read them for themselves.
Gaia was Framed chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
That was an amazing story. I would never have guessed the connection, but it makes perfect sense! I too am a Greek mythology geek and a Narnia affectionado. Susan is Hekabe! Wow. Just wow.

Thanks for writing! It was astounding in its quality.

MCH chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Wonderful story. Love the way you connected the Kings and Queens of Narnia to the fall of Troy and the defenders of Troy.

But the last two paragraph where Susan identifies herself with Queen Hekabe and how she see her fate, wonderful how you wrote that.

But the part about Edmund and how the man told him it was all right was so powerful.

A great story.
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
That's absolutely wonderful.

The part about Edmund made me cry.

It's beautifully written.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I may yet get swept into the torrent of Greek tragedy. I'm currently reading Oedipus Rex, amazingly depressing. I really like the way you drew comparisons. Really great story.

-Dyslexic Nerd
phoenixphlight chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
The last two sentences are so chilling. Good job.
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I liked the parallels in this. I remember most of what you brought up (was practically obsessed with Greek & Roman mythology back in middle school), but I can't remember who Memnon was. Is he mentioned in one story in particular, or just 'The Iliad'?

Thanks for sharing this!
Confused Pumpkin chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I am absolutely stunned by this comparison of classical Greek mythology and the Chronicles of Narnia. It's been a long time since I've read the fics of someone with such promise, and your one-shot truly left me breathless with the sheer power and eloquence of your words. How you do it, I don't know, but Susan's soliloquy is both moving and breath-taking. You described her grief and hidden loyalty to her siblings with such complex simplicity, if you understand what I mean (you probably don't). Your level of writing is something not many are able to achieve. Thank you for this wonderful read, which was made all the better by my understanding of the Trojan War. You explained everything rather well, and I have little constructive criticism for you.

Eavis chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
How beautiful. I think I read this before, years ago now, but I have been recently reading of the Achaens and the Danaans, and it is still more striking this time. The parallels are truly astonishing. I am not much liking of Achilles, and do like Hektor (and who could not admire Memnon and Penthesilea?) so this is very in keeping with my thoughts.

Once again, allow me to express my admiration for you, and my thanks for the grace God has bestowed on you to be able to write thus.

Lion's Blessing,

Freawaru chapter 1 . 5/26/2010

I love how perfectly the classical stuff fits, being something of a fan myself.
CherylSongbow chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
*sigh* I seem to be repeating myself. Another excellent story.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Not weird, COOL! (Big Mythology junkie!)
34Deleted12 chapter 1 . 9/3/2009

Not only is this fic original, but it is so well written! As a fan of Greek history/myths myself, it's really great to find a well-written fic that has Greek history in it! I love the comparison at the end of the fic, it really leaves an impression on you.

Great piece of writing, and I loved reading it!