Reviews for Jack2-Angels Do Smell of Rum
hurricane1714 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
*giggle* You have written Jack very well. He is so funny!
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
I'm really glad I finally sat down and read this story. Don't ask why i stumbled across it.. i have no life and like searching POtC stories.. anyways..

This was an fun and differnet idea. It's very clever and believable, I like your OC and Jack is wonderfully in character.

"Anything with a heart knows there will always be something bigger and stronger or smaller and deadlier. Saavy?" - Genius and so like Jack.

Please update sometime. I'd like to hear where this story goes..

~Damsel

PS. "the Society of Single Royal Navy Officers." - Do you know how i can get into contact with them.. ;)
Unimaginative Lot chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
I love how you got Jack's personality so perfect. Thats hard to do. Its a very enjoyable story and I hope you'll update when you can. Thanks for writing, UL.
Nytd chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
I think this chapter may have been even more fun than the first. I was so glad to find it this afternoon!

The whole scene where Julia is contemplating the term 'passion' and Jack is flirting with her is wonderful.

"His hand slid seductively gentle down my broken arm and lightly scratched the space between my skin and the splint. While it was not the most romantic of gestures, the relief from the itch made me swoon against him breathlessly."

This was hysterically funny and so uniquely Jack. Anyone who had ever had a cast can attest to the fact that being able to get at the itching skin beneath is heaven itself!

Your dialogue sounds so natural -like two people would actually sound in conversation.

Love the images of Jack floating in the water and stomping around discussing spiders on the beach. His entire discourse on 'displacement' is brilliant it leaves you nodding in agreement at the same time you're wondering if it makes sense!

Love it, and I am eagerly looking forward to part three!
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Lovely new chapter! I'm so glad to see that you updated, I almost just out of my seat, hehe!

I love the beginning where they share stories of their lives, and in the end Jack taking over the conversation with his own tales. Extremely realistic, due to the fact that Jack contributed to most of his own rumors and legends. What a funny legacy, aye?

I can't wait for more! Beautifully written along with exquisitely executed dialogue.