Reviews for Alexandra Quick and the Lands Below
baie-baie chapter 37 . 9/17
Just found your series and started reading them. They're compelling, and brilliant, and gah! My heart is broken and stomped on after reading this fic. On to year three!
lilianaflavia chapter 37 . 9/8
Loved your second book as much as the first one,loved all the characters especially Max and his relationship with both Alexandra and Julia. The brotherly bond you depicted was amazing and it made me wish I had a brother. I hated it when he died,I could almost see it as a parallel between his death and Sirius's,and it broke my heart. The world was described amazingly like usual. There are a few things I don't understand relationship with her father for example. I understand Alexandra for the most part,and her issues with him,but he is her parent,someone who loves her unconditionally. Sometimes for me at least,her reaction towards him is a bit too much. And I still don't understand why Darla wanted so much to go to the Lands Below,I don't really understand her turning Dark so fast. I do hope that you will continue this series because it's amazing,thank you for writing it.
Anything But Odinary chapter 37 . 9/3
Well. I cried for like three chapters. Thanks for that.
Don't usually review fics, but you're in especially good! And I loved the witcher reference in this chapter :).
wimseyfan chapter 37 . 8/14
These stories are fabulous. Well done
all around! Have you also published
anything else? I'd totally buy a book.
Zeta0 chapter 21 . 6/16
Yo
A Non chapter 3 . 6/13
I really love this series and as of now I've only read the first work and the first 3 chapters of this one (the second work) and I don't have the time or energy for a proper review at the moment but I just had to point out... Alex actually did purchase that book about magical beasts last year.
joh91917 chapter 16 . 6/2
Ct CG
F.Snape chapter 33 . 5/27
This is one of the most emotionally moving chapters in all of the fanfiction I've read. The only other fanfic that has made me feel this much pain for a character is Saving Callie by CallieJacobs (which is a The Fosters fanfic and is on here if anyone wants to read it, it is quite amazing-WIP). Your imagery is done so well that I literally pictured Max falling through that pit to the Lands Beyond. I am angry at the "Generous" Ones, especially Cejaiaqui. I feel bad for Quimley and I too can't wait to get out of the creepy Lands Below and back to the relative safety of the Charmbridge Dungeons/Basment.
It's amazing how you draw the reader in. How you make us feel what the characters are feeling. It is not often that I come across a fanfic like this and it is easily in my top five, which is amazing. I am incredibly picky. I wasn't going to give this a chance at all. I only read Severitus/Sevitus fanfic (Snape is either Harry's biological dad or adopted dad) and when I saw someone recc this, I was like "lol okay...sure." and decided not to read it. Then I saw two more people recc it and thought, well it couldn't hurt to read a chapter, I have time.
I am quite happy that I decided to do that.
This was a lovely fic (as well as the first) and I am moving on to the third, though I'm not sure how you're going to top AQatLB, this one was amazing.
Toodamnmanyfandoms chapter 37 . 5/9
So many goddamn feelings Jesus Christ. There's a way to bring him back right? Right? RIGHT?! please
I loved this story. I cried when Max died. I lost my brother too.
manijya chapter 37 . 4/13
Dear Inverarity,
now that I've finished year 2, I'm still loving your story! I'll sure miss Max in the next part, he was my favorite character by far, but I like that you don't shy away from heavy themes like death. I like that Alex has grown up a lot this year and has become a bit less rash. Although I have no love for the military, I think that the JROC gave her a bit of dearly needed structure. But there are still so many open questions, I can't wait for the revelations in year 3! Again, thanks for writing this wonderful story! :-)
That was sooooo cruel. Well done. I can still feel my elevated heart rate as I read the final chapter blinking the tears from my eyes. The climax here was more gut wrenching than in the first one. I am almost scared for year 3. I really am enjoying the series. You probably could even make some money by being published. All the best!
manijya chapter 14 . 4/11
The kNowledge in SPWAN still cracks me up every time! Wizards and their acronyms D
Dreaming June chapter 37 . 4/5
This is gonna sound terrible but I didnt really take these Alexandra Quick stories seriously until reading the end of book two. The Generous Ones were so creepy and I so loved Max that the ending really hit home for me. The aftermath had me in tears and I'm so hooked. Couldn't put it down.