Reviews for Empty Motel Rooms
I have to respectfully disagree with one of your previous reviewers who said that "The Outsiders" reference didn't feel quite right for Dean.

Though even the show overlooks it at times (ridiculously) it's been established that Dean reads! Even for pleasure. And that he is actually intelligent (Sam even calls him a genius at research and all the hunting stuff at one point, though, yes, Sam also has the tendency on occasion to treat him like he's completely stupid - my least favorite version of Sam).

Point is: "The Outsiders" is totally a book Dean would connect with. (How could he not?) Plus, you're not the only author that's made that connection. There are so many parallels Dean would connect with. I love the way you used the reference in this story, and the deeper characterization of Dean that you always go for. Too often he's painted like a caricature (even in some episodes on the show) and I love that you don't do that.

This was a lovely story. A lovely, fully characterized Dean, and a really beautiful, albeit painful, look at this time in his life. Excellent work all around.
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/25
I've read this before and greatly enjoyed it but I guess I didn't review. Shame on me! This is awesome...hits just the right chord, with perfect little details. Loved that Bobby came to the rescue :)
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/21
That was such a vivid picture of Dean's loneliness, so glad Bobby called.
Good job! Only bit that didn't quiet feel like Dean was The Outsiders reference, the rest was perfect.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
This broke my heart, you painted such a bittersweet picture of Dean's loneliness.
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Great S1 and pre- Dean!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
That was amazing. I've always wanted to have flashback of what happened when Sammy was gone :)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
I liked it. Exactly how i would picture Dean without Sam
peppergreen chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
This story is so good. It made me cry.
Individual Narrative chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I like this, short and sweet.

I always feel so bad for Dean, his family is so messed up and it seems like he's the one always left to deal with it. This shows that well, and it's well written.
mcdean chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Damn that was good but hurt like hell. Poor Dean. Thank God for Bobby! loved your writing, thanks.
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I LOVE YOU BOBBY SINGER! That man deserves an award.
WhereverUAre chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Loved it :)
colorfulworld1234 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Amazing..

Its written soooo... its awesome!
Ashaera chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
I thought this was well done. It felt so lonely, which is probably accurate for this time in Dean's life. No wonder he eventually goes after Sammy when his dad disappears. Good job.