Reviews for Destiny
cutemara chapter 2 . 8/14/2013
About the Dearest comment, I think you should look up Little Lord Fauntleroy!
Glory Bee chapter 8 . 11/4/2011
I have read this twice now Deandra and still love it :) I love especially how you write Eomer. I am definitely crushing on him of late lol
littlemsstrawberry chapter 8 . 9/27/2011
love it!
shine lots chapter 3 . 8/11/2011
I believe that this story is a good example of what happens to a person's peacefulness when they let pessemistic or negative thoughts dictate their life. I'm glad Lothiriel gets over it.

I like the names you make up for original characters - very middle earth.
DearestBeloved chapter 2 . 11/18/2010
You know, I call people 'dearest' and 'beloved' All the time. Usually mockingly, though for my sisters its affection also. It annoys aquaintances to bits. Also confuses them.

While I was reading this I was going 'Kill the Wizard. Kill the Wizard. Kill the Wizard.' Until someone asked me why. Then I laughed and refused to answer. They are now a 100% sure of my insanity.
Echidnagirl65 chapter 8 . 9/10/2009
I enjoyed the vision of Lothiriel skulking around behind the plants and pillars trying to avoid Aragorn and Eomer.

Also, being afraid the Gimli might be royalty!
Hail To King Joffey chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
I enjoyed this story, but the end was very abrupt... i don't know how to explain it - very altogether and too much. There wasnt any indication from either of them that they 'loved' eachother until the last few paragraphs. It just seemed wrong.

Other than that, very well written :)
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 5 . 4/4/2009
Do you realize that the story is a actually Jane Austen-y? It's definately the Austen brand of humor, and lines like this make it Austen-y as well: 'She had managed to keep mostly to her room until their departure, though he noted she made a point to ‘improve’ so they would not be delayed in leaving! None of her family seemed to have guessed at her subterfuge regarding her health, but he was quite convinced it was all pretense.'
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 3 . 4/4/2009
I really, really like it so far. Lothiriel is really awesome and normal, given the circumstances. I'd ghost around (as well as possible) and be a nervous wreck too, if the time had come for a prophecy about me to be fulfilled, especially one concerning marriage. This is one of the best 'Eomer and Lothiriel Meet Each Other' stories I've read yet.
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
That was written exactly like a movie narration. I love it when I stumple across that sort of thing. You seemed to have covered all bases, like Denethor's suspiciousness, Lothiriel sifting through all the kingdoms in her mind, the plot and timeline, etc. etc. etc. It's smart and I like it. Reading on!
annna chapter 8 . 12/19/2008
As always a truly captivating story - even if I think the Lothiriel you portray in this story to be a bit silly... Eomer & Lothiriel don't really get to know each other before proclaiming there love - they spent what? perhaps a day all in all in each others company and most of their knowledge of the other person they got from letters or what they were told by others... they are in for some surprises!
annna chapter 2 . 12/19/2008
As I don't have an account on fanfiction and you are required to log in to be able to write something in a forum I decided to answer your question conserning 'dearest' here: In my opinion you should really keep it - it fits very well!
Medea Smyke chapter 8 . 12/13/2008
I finally finished it! My sister got married this week so RL has been rather full.

Eomer certainly had to be very clever in this scenario! Good think he is. ;) The sneaky letters were a nice touch. I was quite shocked by his slapping her in a previous chapter. I think that's the first time I've heard of him doing that in ffiction. LOL! But I suppose she needed it.
Anne Rose chapter 5 . 12/9/2008
“She does,” Eomer replied quietly, still gazing after the departing group. “However, I do not yet appeal to her!”

There was silence for several moments until Eothain snickered. “I see! Well, I hope she realizes how formidable you can be in your determination!” He clapped the king on the back before laughing and striding away.

“On the contrary,” Eomer murmured, still gazing at the party growing ever smaller in the distance. “I hope she does not realize that! It will make things far easier.”

Oh, I can hardly wait! And I love this angle on their story. Dearest is just fine with me, btw. Seems quite appropriate to the period and culture. I'm sure it's translated from the original westron anyway. ;-)

I love the use of Eomer's battle skills in first detecting Lothiriel's evasion and then sneaking up on her, literally and figuratively. I look forward to seeing his next tactics in this battle.
Violin Ghost chapter 8 . 12/8/2008
Oh, thank GOODNESS. The last line perfectly summed it all up: I do not have to, but I will! Because I WANT to.

I'd like to echo Lothiriel here. Stupid, stupid Gandalf.

I find myself surprisingly happy to find them together at last, and only together because it's THEIR choice, and no one else's.

Wonderful, wonderful story! :) I'm looking forward to the new Elfwine Chronicle, too.