Reviews for Drilling Holes
MaryEllen309 chapter 1 . 10/7
Excellent. I love your stories!
sallyferrell chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I had my wisdom teeth out 10 years ago and all 3 of them were dry sockets; I thought I was gonna die-they hurt soooo bad! You described the pain exactly right!
Skipper96 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
That was great! I loved the details!
atrish1 chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Karen, you know I told you I read this story a few times and found it to be absolutely perfect- but I just wanted it on record here. This is an amazing piece of writing. Usually I select my absolutely favorite parts of your story and copy them in my review to show you which phrases, lines, or paragraphs moved me the most. Honestly,from the first line tp that terrific wrap up last line about the boys going back to drilling holes- I just found way too much great stuff in between not to mention. I should just copy and paste in the whole story. Really! Not an ounce of fat on this fine cut of filet mignon you've served up. I love all that you deal with- explain about what the heck is up with Hutch in season 4. And you use his decaying tooth to show the decay in his life that's eating him up on the inside. Just an excellently written story and your descriptions, imagery, characterizations,dialogue(wonderfully S&H)& your analogy work was outstanding!

You're an excellent writer-& much loved & appreciated by many nuff said!

This has to be one of the best-written S&H fanfics of year for me. What a great Birthday gift for our pal, Robbin.

Love ya,

M. Willow chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
I loved this story. It was so well written. Great job.
nicoltyler chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Isn't interesting how what is happening to us physically often reflects what is going on emotionally.

I really love your use of words and imagry to show us not only what was happening to the outside but what was going on inside Hutch during s4.

I think you captured all the angst of s4 well.

Starsky's Strut chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Stories like this one are the reason you are one of my favorite writers.

I so know where Hutch is coming from (at least where his dental woes are concerned). Having had 3 wisdom teeth pulled (two were impacted), then getting dry socket in one. Ouch! I don't wish that on anyone. And at later date, 3 root canals, more ouch! Yep, I totally know his pain.

As always good story with a point well made. Your banter alone make this a wonderful read. Anyway, thanks for sharing your talent with us. I really enjoyed this one.
Bobbie Barkley chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Ah Karen, you did it again!

Home run girl, your story was wonderful.

You captured Hutch in his self analyzing thoughts perfectly.

And Starsky in his best supportive friend and partner role.

This could have been right out of the TV show.

Thank you so much for sharing your gifted talents with us!

ok, here are my favorite lines:

"What I'm talking about is that turning thirty-three isn't so bad, Hutch."

"Turning twenty-three was better."

"That's right around the block." Starsky reached for the mike. "Zebra Three. We are responding." He glanced my way. "Ready, frog boy?"

-“Ready frog boy” - that’s so Starsky

"Ow! Get your knee out of my back!" the man yelled.

"Do you understand these rights, scum?"

- yup that would be Starsky

“My thick as taffy brain...”

-you are a master of descriptive words.
DianneS chapter 1 . 11/30/2008

Wonderful read! No wonder Hutch is so depressed with his reocurring nightmare of Starsky being gunned down in the garage. That was my take on the nightmare. Losing and mourning his tooth was very interesting and of course Starsky wanted to have a burial for it.

Thanks for sharing!

Ukkie chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Ah Karen, a wonderful story as always. Dentists and burnouts, no wonder that Hutch is depressed and tired of it all.

Thank you for this one!

Love and hugs,

brook5 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
so glad to see a story from you..even if it is a hutch one' ...wonder why he was so sad to turn 33..thats not so it? thanks for the story girl
83lou chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Interesting story... I liked Hutch here. And enjoyed the line about the tooth's funeral!
Jan in VA chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Hi Karen!

As much as I dearly love your vids...your stories are always my preference! LOVE EM! ...and you too sweetie!

Love the "Starsky and Hutch" friendship stories! ...but the our dentist to pieces, but HATE going to the dentist and I'm like a little kid when it comes to appointments! UGH!

Thanks for this one Karen! Can't wait for the next one!

Type to you later! God bless!

Jan in VA
rsb57 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I guess it would be pretty depressing at times to be Starsky and Hutch. A birthday to remind you what you've become and the holes you try to patch every day.

but then again, as long as they've got each other,it's terrific!

Nice job and thanks for sharing your creative spirit.