Reviews for Loves What Vanishes
tamer.of.the.wild.things.13 chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
Oh, Draco. Poor baby. At least he'll be happy in his dreams. Shame on Harry- look at the lengths he's driven someone to, without trying to make sure everything is all right. Reminds me of how people tend to sweep their loved ones with mental illness under the rug.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
Dear god. That was beautiful! (No explicit spoiler)
I read the whole thing, then let it sink in. Then just sat there and cried a bit. Then went back and read it again, especially the paragraphs right before the poems. And then just let the beauty of the whole thing truly hit me.
Reading this fic was an experience. Thankyou!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
You need to read the last bit again to get it. And boy did the awesomeness of it hit. So bloody good. I'm still kinda reeling over that awesome fic so I can't articulate myself very well right now...
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
You're right. Got a bit confusing, but only at the end part. But good stuff overall.
All Nightmare Long chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
I see what you did there. Though I tried not to.
Ramona Flours chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
If I understood this correctly, and I'm pretty sure I did, then this was one of the saddest things I've ever read. Absolutely beautiful, and I can say no more.
Kialandi chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
It was all a dream. Excellent. Brilliant
The.Dragonfly.Lover chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
I had to read this twice…wow. Waaay deeper than I expected, but really thought provoking—as usual, I loved it.
Lily chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
lol, when you gave that warning and said that everything's not as it seems, and there was the 1st mention of memories, I already suspected that Draco might have been in a coma and was dreaming up his life with Harry, though not how he might have got into that state...anyway, good job on this ; Love all your stories anyway~!
rein hitomi chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
I've read most of your stories, but haven't bothered to give a review - which isn't fair of me, because all your stories I have read are just wonderful. There have been times when I was about to, but changed my mind halfway.

I don't know exactly what changed my mind this time, though. Maybe it's because I have been wanting to read a story where Draco is desperate because of and despairing for Harry, which makes him take equally desperate measures (I would have asked you for one, too, but thank goodness I had half the wit to read this beforehand).

Reasons aside, all I can say is I love this one. I honestly did not feel anything after realizing the implications of the story, because it left me with nothing to feel. Just this blankness that stays (and would for days on end, I'm sure) with me and makes me search for the absence of something that should have been there. There's no need to mention the points that made this one WORK; they're very much evident on their own. Thank you, for writing this. :)
Nihtingale chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
So Harry wasnt actually with Draco? all this was part of a dream?
Novocain chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Wow.

I've been working my way through a good number of your stories over the past couple of days, and you are an excellent writer. The depth of characterization is engrossing, the creativity inspiring, and the realism soothing. You've made me look into myself as you look into Draco and Harry - caused my mind to analyse my past in different views even as they do - in a fashion that very few writers have inspired to such an immediate degree, none of them fanfiction. You have a profound understanding of what people are and have been and should strive to be, and my hope is that you - what? Continue writing? Of course. Continue evolving and putting that evolution to words? Yes. More than that, though, I hope that you create an original work that will influence a wider audience. Yours is a voice that I hope will affect - just _more_.

And this particular story? It made me review, even though I have not reviewed the other stories I have read on your account, not even Changing of the Guard. This is not because your stories have not deserved reviews. I feel that some sort of reaction has slowly been building in me, waiting for some form of resolution, and this fic was the catalyst. It has inspired a sort of thoughtful, quasi-pretentious prose in this review about which I am entirely sincere. Your hints of something wrong were masterfully placed. The justifications and explanations for the life that Draco and Harry lead are vague yet detailed. This is a slow sinking into realization, the sort of tragedy that rises quietly and yet no less vividly. Thank you for all of it.
Kame Hime chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Wow. So DEEP.

I'm glad for your warning at the beginning that this was a puzzle-fic, because it made me settle myself down and pay attention at the very start of the story, and read carefully and methodically. Perhaps that's the reason I understood immediately at the end (though I've always loved puzzles ;D), yet still sat there staring at the screen and feeling my heart ACHE.

I pity Draco and mourn for him in a way I never have for a character in the realm of fanfiction-I thank you immensely; it was such a relief to read something that forced me to think and feel and immerse myself into that world.

I mourn for him and wonder what it took for him to do such a thing-if it were a multitude of things or if Draco was already weak enough to let Harry's rejection be his sole reason and what his decision's done to others-but I wouldn't want you to write a sequel, and I wouldn't want you to write a prequel, and I wouldn't want more detail in THIS story, either.

It was perfect; a perfect mass of poetic words and gushy feelings and dawning realization and abject horror and such an overwhelming feeling of PITY. It feels wonderful to create and discard reasons and scenarios long after I finished this, and for even longer than I read it. THAT is the makings of a skilled author, and I congratulate you.

I don't know why I hadn't read this before, but I'm certainly glad I did now; this is my all-time favorite thing you've ever written, and that I've ever read from anybody on this site.

Thank you for reminding me of the reason why, although fluff is sweet to read, tragedy is my favorite.
AngelSigil chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
im not sure i get it :\

does it mean tht Draco took the potion? if so, i dont really get why.

wow now i feel kinda stupid lol
Maara Annika chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This story touched me

It was heartbreaking and yet beautiful love story what never happened

The saddest thing is that even Draco’s dream is not pure happiness that his awareness managed reminds him of reality (burned paper smell and others little thinks)

How desperate Draco was to make this decision to make and then take portion what will let him dream for entirety?

My respect for you as author has increased even more

Thank you for writing wonderful stories!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »