Reviews for Polaris
AK-47 chapter 15 . 12/7/2010
I saw on AO3 that everything besides this fic is up over there. Are you planning on continuing this story or is it sadly defunct? Because I wouldn't mind seeing more.
SwampFoxTheThird chapter 7 . 9/26/2010
Oi. 3 am, and reading fanfiction. Fun fun. Anyway, this story: First, there are a pretty good number of typos. But those declined after the first couple of chapters. Second of all, albeit I'm only to chapter... 6? I think? But some of the dialogue seems a bit forced. You might try to loosen some of the characters up a bit, especially Sokka. Another thing that just irked me was the Sokka/Zuko sword fight. Here we have Sokka so tired/drunk he couldn't tell what time of day it even was, and then he launches into a full-out duel, without so much as a stumble. Seems a bit inconsistent. Let's see... Oh, Yang-chi is rather reminescent of Avatar Yang Chin, but going by the time stamp, that may have been unknown at that point, in which case I congratulate you for your seemingly pyshic choice of names. The plot is a bit cliche, but has possibilities. I can't recall what the summary said, but Zutara? I'm not trying to flame, just a bit of warning would be nice. I'll stick with it, though I must admit I inwardly groaned when Sokka offerred up his sister as a possible candidate for marraige. As long as it's done well, I'll live. ;) Hmmm... that's an awful lot of nit-picking on my part. I don't normally do that. So now let's list some positive aspects, shall we? I'm liking the 'Ursa granted asylum in the water tribe' deal. I've heard of a couple fics where some fire nation folks get stuck up there, but none with Ursa. I also enjoyed Sokka's moment on the street with the tea shop girl. I could totally see that happenning in the series. Also, way to include some incredibly angsty Zuko moments without going completely overboard! That's an art.

Hmmm... It seems I'm leaving ridiculously long reviews tonight. Err.. This morning. I know this fic hasn't been updated for a year, and for all I know it's complete, and this is one of your earliest pieces, but I know I always appreciate feedback. And if you don't... Well, then, my bad, and may you have a wonderful life. XD I'll read the rest of this later, but right now I'm gonna see if I can get in a few hours of sleep. :D
ArrayePL chapter 15 . 10/30/2009
Gossip about sisters is always out of limit, especially if they can kick our ass :)
lazyguy90 chapter 15 . 10/30/2009
Glad to see this updated. Very nice work as always. Here's hoping that the next one is not only a story advancing chapter, but pops up soon. Keep up the great work.
Artemis of the Ice chapter 14 . 8/7/2009
Worth the wait! Your writing's just wonderful- I love how clean your dialogue is. Lush descriptions and details can be wonderful in stories sometimes, but it's a joy to take a breather from weighty, dramatic epics and read clean writing that's as unencumbered as this.

I caught one quick typo/error- "[You're] emasculating him before my very eyes, so no, you may not come to manly bonding time!” That "your/you're" gets people pretty often.

Cheers!
marblepanda chapter 14 . 7/25/2009
I can't wait to read more of this! The plot is fun and the characters are written perfectly! Wonderful!
dwelian chapter 9 . 7/5/2009
Is Zuko overcompensating because of his eye? I have a pet theory that he's slowly gone blind in the bad eye (naturally not letting anyone know), and overcompensates to defend the blind spot (pardon the pun!). I like this little fact though, it's a great bit of detail!
dwelian chapter 14 . 7/5/2009
Okay, this story is really, really good. I love it! It's a great post-war fic, and very believable too. "little bear" is freaking adorable (and I'm just waiting for Sokka to make fun of Zuko for it. I figure he'll get around to once he has a moment's peace). Another thing I really liked was the "scar reveal"; it works surprisingly well that Zuko never told them the circumstances behind it. And Sokka, while upset by it, rolls with it. Ursa accepts it, but she's probably going to want a bigger explanation (along with a far more explicit explanation of everything that has happened since she left). I'm guessing Katara still doesn't know either. And have we seen the last of Hahn? Or will more whacky hijinks ensue? Agh, so many questions! I look forward to seeing which ones get answered (or what new ones get raised!) in the next installment. Thank you so much for sharing!
Onba chapter 14 . 5/23/2009
:D Other sister!
lazyguy90 chapter 14 . 5/12/2009
Fantastic work on this. Another sister hey? Haha... Oh dear... Zuko doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to family members... Incidentally, I like the fact you made Zuko slightly bitter about his abandonment, god knows he's earned that right. Most people tend to write; Zuko's found his mother, hooray! Everybody's happy! Kind of unrealistic I think, I mean sure he'd be happy, but she left him nearly ten years ago. And with psychos like Azula and Ozai around... Honestly, if I was Zuko, I'd be pretty hacked off... But anyway, nice work on this. Very cool. Keep at it.
DearFriends chapter 14 . 5/10/2009
Oh goodness! That was quite an interesting chapter! Very original concept, definitely not the same old stories I've been reading for what seems like forever. You add substance to the events that occur in the series, as well as to the events that are original to your story.

Great job! I will await the next chapter with eager anticipation!

-df
Alabaster86 chapter 14 . 5/9/2009
Interesting twist. Can't wait to meet Oku and to see what kind of relationship she and Zuko forge.
Iaveina chapter 14 . 5/9/2009
Oh, fantastic!

I can't wait for more!
Kristoshi Warrior chapter 14 . 5/9/2009
Oh, depth, drama...
shaolin1802 chapter 13 . 4/26/2009
This is amazing writing and i can very much see this (with editing) becoming book 4 of avatar. the characters are in character and the story is well thought out, i look forward to the next release.

-PS for the love of god dont stop writing avatar fanfics after this one, your a great writer and i recon you could easily come up with more post-war stories