Reviews for Meditations on Natural Philosophy
ReynardFox chapter 11 . 3/28
This is without a doubt my favourite Star Wars: The Force Unleashed fanfiction I've managed to find yet.

I'm not really sure where to begin with this review, so I guess I'll start at the beginning: This entire story was amazing, and I loved every minute of reading it. In fact, I loved it so much I went back and read it twice, and I still go back and read it again for the fun of it.

The overall quality of the writing in this is outstanding. Every chapter is a joy to read, and the words just leap off the page at you. Description is evocative, dialogue sparkles, and even the flow and structure just carries itself right along with top-notch momentum. Some people had quibbles with the amount of scientific terminology, but I found that it actually added to and enhanced Juno's characterisation quite a lot.

In particular, characterisation is just the highest quality. I'm a big fan of Juno Eclipse, and I think that you've found a very unique and accurate voice for her character in this. I was fond of Sean Williams' characterisation in both of the Force Unleashed novels, but after reading all three - the first and second novel, and your fanfic - I actually prefer your version. Similarly, Galen seems very spot-on to me, and I can hear every one of his lines in Sam Witwer's voice.

I try to offer some kind of constructive criticism when I review things, but the simple truth is that I can't find anything wrong with this. I really can't. Honest to God, I actually tried to and could not. You deserve a great big cookie, but since I can't give you that, you can have an e-hug instead, because this fic made my day and really made me smile. *hugs!*

I think that "Temporal Concordance: Singularity" is my favourite chapter, but I'm a sucker for happy endings.

...I don't suppose I can make enough beggy eyes at you for taking a stab at The Force Unleashed II? ;)

In summary, this is hands-down my favourite fanfic for The Force Unleashed. Superior characterisation, writing. Thank you so, so much for sharing this.
Legionary Prime chapter 11 . 3/2
This was really good. I liked this ending better than the two in the game. Should have been an option.

Have you thought about doing a sequel to this?
machievelli chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Posted 20 October 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but had problems last year so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. But you on fanfiction deserve your reviews, even if I am running late. But I'm catching up as you read this!

Post TFU: Juno Eclipse is saved by an unexpected person

The piece was very interesting. The question remains; who sent this ship into a sun?
carrotycake chapter 11 . 10/1/2013
Well this is possibly the best fanfic I've read in a long time! I know it was published a while ago, but I seem to only have discovered it now and I'd just like to say it was amazing. Juno's thought processes seem very real and I can see her logic and the way she thinks about things so clearly. I like all the science-y analogies and I think they fit in really well with the context of the story.
Good stuff! :)
carrotycake chapter 4 . 9/24/2013
In a strange way, I like the 'crazy math stuff'...it adds a certain dimension (pardon the pun) to the story. I also like how intelligent Juno is portrayed; she must've been, to become a pilot, but it's never really brought up at all in the games/novels. Keep up the awesome work!
MyRandomName chapter 11 . 9/15/2013
Great story
bluelightsaber12 chapter 11 . 9/15/2012
the third ending is the bes
Pyromaniac275 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I just feel the need to point this out because I'm taking physics right now...

But wouldn't the gravitational acceleration variable be different from 9.81m/s/s, I mean that's the variable for the gravitational acceleration of Earth and any planetary body bearing a similiar size and mass to Earth. The probability of the sun having a similar size and mass would be extremely low...

So wouldn't the gravitational acceleration be different? :P

Full review to follow when I finish reading it. Just felt the need to point that out.
Signora Ted chapter 11 . 2/23/2011
i really liked this! to be honest, i liked the last ending the most. was his real name galen? its been so long since i played the game...
Liisiko chapter 11 . 1/28/2011
Wow you weren't kidding about the mood whiplash. All three endings are excellent. I would have to say that I love the last two endings the best.

The first ending was dark and chilling. Made worse by that fact that even in the end he still loved her.

The second was sad but full of hope.

The third I think I like best of all. They finally get a chance to be together.
RowenaR chapter 10 . 1/9/2011
Wow, um, well, that was... intense. Yes, I think that's the right word. I loved the look into Juno's mind and don't worried about the technical details; they were perfect for this story and even though I didn't understand even half of it (social sciences/law major/literature minor here ;)), they gave the story exactly the right feeling. They made sense for Juno, and how she sees Galen and basically everything.

As for the story... it broke my heart, throughout and at the ending. Actually, both endings did... and that scene in the engine room. I felt so sorry both for Galen and Juno somehow and um... I could go on and on but... yes, well intense is the right word for your story :)
Linnorria chapter 11 . 11/2/2010
This story makes me smile.

I love all the theorems Juno runs through during this. It makes her seem more real.
Xarhaa chapter 11 . 9/6/2010
Found this browsing the very limited selection of TFU fanfic available. Absolutely awesome, and thank you for assuming your readers are somewhat intelligent, it's really a breath of fresh air.

Do you plan on doing anything with TFU2 when it comes out? One can only wonder.

Again, awesome job.

- Xar
ClarkesLaw chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
...wow.

Now, in this style, only Mass Effect.

...I'm just wondering, though: Why is the Empirical only accelerating at 1G? Thanks to the hand-waving powers of inertial dampening (And here every physicist grinds their teeth), SWU vehicles can puportedly accelerate at, like, 250G or something, without turning the crew into wallpaper.
Sing a Song 119 chapter 11 . 6/1/2010
Oh my gosh. I love this story. Every time I read it, I squeal with joy so loud that people ask me if I'm OK.

I really liked the tech speak. Even if I didn't understand some (most) of it, it added a... uniqueness? Mysteriousness? I don't know, exactly, but I really like the style you used and what you did with it.