Reviews for Alien
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I know I already reviewed...ish over on LJ, but I know I prefer feedback through FFN, so I thought since I found your FFN page through your journal, that I'd copy/paste my words here for you. I hope you don't mind.

[Even now, as an accepted and fairly popular member of Ouran's flamboyant Host Club, she constantly feels the disconnection with her peers.]

I wrote four Ouran drabbles today (only posted one), and one of them kind of is about this. Sort of. I think Haruhi will always- always- feel that disconnection with her Ouran peers. She can become more comfortable around them, with them, but she won't be able to connect with them on quite the same level. Maybe it's just me, but I get the image that... Well, maybe the thought that, say Haruhi bought something nice and new... I don't know, a new pair of shoes, a new vacuum cleaner, hell, anything. In the eyes of the Ouran students, whatever it is she gets? Isn't good enough. It would be a poor man's car, a poor man's coat, a poor man's [insert thing here].

She probably wouldn't blame them for it- she's probably used to it- but that doesn't mean that after hearing it over and over and over, that it wouldn't start to wear her down. It would probably even hurt, in a way, that people would think that. She could be so proud of a coat that she bought and liked, only to have someone shoot her down without meaning to, and worse, without any malice behind their words. (That's what makes Ouran so interesting, sometimes. Tamaki doesn't know what he's saying when he says it. Kyouya doesn't either. And do the twins? Nope. Honestly, I think Mori is the only one who just keeps his mouth shut and says nothing.)

I like how you wrapped it up. A nice closing sentence. I think you got everything spot-on. At first, she sees the group of boys-becoming-men as...well, strange. Frivolous. But the more time that goes by, she sees what their lives are like. Despite the extravagances, their lives aren't so different. They have parents, grandparents, cousins just like she does. But to go along with their enormous wealth? Enormous problems. Competition. Tamaki's situation is horrible. Kyouya's? Just as bad- he's fighting against his brothers.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. This one was great. ]
JkawaiiNeko chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Very nice! I liked how you showed that Haruhi now understands that the hosts aren't just rich snobs, that they are actually human beings and that the hosts see her in a different way too! Nice ending as well!
handinhand chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
This was beautiful and intense. A pretty, stylized twist on the anime's base conflicts. I enjoyed it to no end.
Carbucketty chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
This was well-written.

And it really graps how, when the series first starts, Haruhi is sort of at odds with the Host Club and sees them in the same stereotypical way as they see her, but all of that is done away with as they grow close. You explained each member of the Club perfectly; I liked this a lot. :)