Reviews for Weapon and the Wound
Nadamalki chapter 7 . 7/13/2013
One of my top three favorite stories of yours, come to think of it, it's probably my very favorite. It wasn't as complex as your other stories, which made many of the scenes easier to imagine, and had me focusing on Dean a bit more without the distraction of wraiths and even pirates ha!

The action scenes were so intense my eyes were darting through the lines before my mind had enough time to register the words! There was this one scene where my lungs forgot how to breathe and just hung there inside of me like unnecessary sponge; the scene when that wizard tore the first slice into Sam's shoulder and Dean started bleeding in the other side. I don't think I've ever read something like this in any fiction or novel. That scene was just so bizarre and new to me...

This story had such a sense of melancholy from beginning to end. Dean's fear and hopelessness was tearing me to bits. I've seen it many times in you stories, but what made it all more painful to read here was how Dean was quietly if not desperately trying to pull himself out of it. His slight attempt to get his hopes up halfway through the story only to have it come tumbling down was just too painful to read. I'm glad you left it a bit loose-ended there, giving us and Dean some rope to cling on to, otherwise I would've been crushed.

You healed me as a reader along with Dean when you brought Brenna up. I was never more thankful for her presence here compared to your other stories, it seemed like Dean never needed her more. The last love scene, Dean waking up to find that she's gone, the letter she left him, goodness I'm in tears again! Screw you Gaelic!

Ugh I'm so depressed. See your stories puts my brain on over-drive, you take me on ride to this other world filled with trains and sinking ships and caves and dark forests filled with zombies and ghosts and pirates and werewolves, and then when I finish reading, I realize that I'm simply back in my living room on my rocking chair, everything so ordinary, makes me realize how boring life is!

I'm gonna need some time to get over this one before I continue my escapade through your other stories, this one truly left me breathless. I don't think I'll ever read a story as good as this one...
Freya922 chapter 7 . 7/11/2013
This was a gripping story, with a lot of complexity and depth. I especially liked your original characters, Brenna and Virgil - both fascinating. This was not only set when things were so intense - with the clock ticking down on Dean's one year - but you added additional elements, including these overlapping love and/or loyalty triangles: Sam/Dean/Brenna and Dean/Virgil/Brenna. That, plus the overall plot with the wizard and the dagger, was REALLY interesting. You do such a great job with the boys' banter, as well as just their physicality; when you describe a facial expression, a gesture, a fight, or a love scene - it is very vivid. Great job.
gr8read chapter 7 . 5/23/2013
Love the Brenna stories. I liked that you put Virgil in this one too.

Your ability to write a story that is as great the first time read as it is the 10th time read is such a gift to us readers.
Thank you for sharing your time and talent.
LolaAnn chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
I know you wrote this a while ago, but I just stumbled across it. The writing is beautiful and you've really captured the Winchesters. I can *see* them both when I read your story. I love it! Just wanted to let you know :-)
Zinfer chapter 7 . 4/29/2011
Great job! I was touched by Dean's personal moment, really sweet. My sister and I are finally starting season 6 (after plowing through the first 5 seasons at an ungodly speed). And I definitely need a sustaining amount of brotherly love right now and who better to supply it for me than u!:)
Zinfer chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
I love how I read what happened to the victims of the case and just assume that's gonna happen to dean XD. Builds the anticipation (so evil I know). Let's see what happens _
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 7 . 8/8/2010
Love is the weapon that wounds us. And love is what heals us.

This is what your story whispered to me in the quiet moments while listening to Led Zeppelin in the background.

And here's something I found for you. You may have heard it before but I thought the line about fighting for a brother and cheating death was so appropriate.:)

Seo sláinte an tséitéara, an ghadaí, an trodaí, agus an óltóra!

Má dhéanann tu séitéireacht, go ndéana tú séitéireacht ar an mbás,

Má ghoideann tú, go ngoide tú croí mná;

Má throideann tú, go dtroide tú i leith do bhráthar,

Agus má ólann tú, go n-óla tú liom féin.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 6 . 8/8/2010
I think the insertion of lyrics in a story adds to it. I like to load up the tunes and listen to them as I read the story. To me it adds a depth and another richness to it.

One of these days I'm going to try Darkside Of The

So keep up the good work and keep the music coming.

Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 5 . 8/8/2010
I'm walking the knife's edge of tension here. I can't quit story so to the next chapter.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 3 . 8/8/2010
Yeowww! It suddenly got very hot in That's ok, I like it hot and steamy.:)
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 2 . 8/8/2010
I can't wait to see where you go with this.:)
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 7 . 3/25/2010
This is the first Supernatural fic I've read in about 6 months, I stopped for Nanowrimo and just didn't start again till now.

'I've also brought back a couple of other OC's from some of my previous fics' - crosses fingers for Joss :)

Love the first scene between Griffin and Brenna

Yay Sinatra! It took a while for me to figure out who he was, but when you mentioned he was a former paramedic, it clicked

'Plus... sunburns were bad' - Hehe, I completely agree. I really loved that scene of Dean walking down the road

The whole tattoo parlour scene made me laugh

Can't wait till Adoamros is killed off (That's a good thing, as in, you made me not like him :) )

“Isn’t that something you guys should just, like, know?” Virgil spoke up. - hehe, I love Sinatra

"Big Damn Hero" - Is that a Firefly reference? ;)

'Dean watched in horror as Virgil tumbled over the side of the rail car.' - NO :(

I really liked the plot of this, how 'the weapon and the wound' were literal concepts, and I'm really glad you didn't kill anyone off, I was worried :)

Wanted to add, that I'm surprised how much I grew to like Brenna, I wasn't too keen on her at the beginning of her first 'appearance' (Holding On To Let Go?), but she's really grown on me

You have ways of completely sucking me into the story, it's gone midnight, I have to get up in about 7 hours and I'm still absorbed.
rahne2 chapter 7 . 8/1/2009
Hi

Just found this fic, and after reading all your previous Brenna stories, read this one,too. As usual, wonderful, but long. You are one of the better "writers", i.e. sentence structure, spelling, grammar, etc., and please know how much we readers appreciate that!

Things I really liked:

Info on Ruby's knife- the show is driving me crazy not explaining where she got it, since obviously the other demons don't recognize it or know how to get one.

Revisiting John's storage unit-figures the idiot would booby trap it and never warn the boys or Bobby. He had to know they might find it one day.

Virgil sticking with Brenna

Reiterating the boy's bond as a soulbond

Reasonable cops!

Griffin's vengeance, again. Never learns, and what's with still blaming the Winchesters for killing the wraith? He did get the point that only Sam could do it at the time, didn't he? Is he just too stupid? O(r was he really a hunter who didn't believe in magic? Guess it was the former, but he didn't seem like a stupid man. Oh well.

Getting inside Dean's head. It's so hard for Sam, but he never gives up, and Brenna, of course, can't help it. But this time Dean actually let us all in, a little, and even dealt with some of his issues. Good boy, he's growing up.

Sam understanding what Dean lost when John died, and that he still looks for outside guidance sometimes. Great insight from little brother. If only Dean could grasp how much Sam gives him when he backs off to follow his big brother. One of these days, he's going to have to reralize that Sam is a man now, and his equal. If he'd realized it sooner, a lot of the pain of season 4 might have been avoided.

Dean and Brenna, together. Knowing how much they care, understanding that she could never live in his world, nor he in hers. Finding the strength to bond even so, and then the strength to let go. I'm glad you kept her true to herself, even though the temptation to have her harden up and become a hunter type must have been there. She is, sadly, too strong a personality, yet too weak at the same time, if you get what I'm trying to say.

Things I didn't like:

The gang who couldn't shoot straight! I mean, come on, how many times did the bad guy get away? Three, four? Good grief,girl, seasoned hunters going into caves without light, and with just an empty lighter and a few matches? No one taking a shot when the wizard first comes into view? Letting him just stand there and chant his spells whenever he feels like it? Can't hit anything when they do shoot? Brenna demanding he take her because she can help him, yet apparently having no clue what she intended to do when he took her? Just letting him touch her without at least trying to punch him first? Brenna turning into a pile of helpless goo at the end, for resons I really don't understand? You are great with the heartfelt moments, but your fight scenes are more keystone cops than realistic. They aren't superheroes, but they are soldiers. This was pitiful.

Not explaining the sorceror's powers enough- why did burning the brother's dessicated corpse take away his "whammy"? Was there a ghost? You never said so. Was there some demonic influence? Why would burning do anything then? Why did his anger and power change the weather? By what mechanism? Why did the weather go back to normal after the last round of killings 25 years ago? What did he take from Brenna, and why? What was he going to do with it? How did he intend to ressurrect his brother in the long run? He was stealing souls to maintain power and immortality, but what was his end point? Enen magic has rules and laws. Things have to make sense by those laws. Just like Sci Fi, the world you create has to make sense within its own constructs. I needed more.

What was with Brenna? Apparently she didn't understand losing her abilities after she lost her family and her home (it was psychsomatic, wasn't it?) But why was she after the sorceror? She thought any being with power was all she'd need to "Fix" herself? Not compatible or related power, just "Power"? She sounds like a civilian with no grasp of anything supernatural, not a lifelong druid. And by the way, a Druid has more knowledge than power, it takes a lifetime of study to become one, and a deep bond with the natural and spiritual worlds. What happened to her? And why did getting her abilities bak turn her into such a basket case? Yes, having Sight is a serious and painful thing, sometimes even devastating. But where was the trained and strong minded woman taking up the burden again, however reluctantly? You gave us a child, acting as if she'd never had these powers before. At least she was more herself at the very end, thank you. You know her better than we do, of course, but it just didn't fit what I thought I understood. Sorry.

Well, enough rambling. I still enjoyed, and hope you keep writing. 'See' you soon.
Onari chapter 7 . 4/27/2009
I can't believe I didn't review this!

Arghh, shame on me!

Well, at this point, I'm running out of synonims for "your writing is great". But I can say, that after all this time since I actually read the chapter, this:

"“I wanted you to walk away,” Sam reminded him. “I wanted you to leave her.”

“You didn’t want me to leave you,” Dean corrected him. “There’s a difference.”"

really stuck with me. It made me stop, think, and say: "yeah, exactly!". To be honest? I was thinking about that very line earlier, when I planned on reviewing at last!

So, what else is there to be said? Thanks, thanks and thanks.

Don't you ever leave us!

L xx
Foreverwolf chapter 7 . 4/23/2009
Wow. lol. Just wow. This was wonderful. I just can't get over all the emotions you've managed to attach to the Dean/Brenna relationship.

Sorry to hear there won't be another one with her in it for a while. Would love to be able to see what happens when Dean actually dies, and when he comes back! So many Mega Moments!

As for FanFiction being a crutch... we all need a little support while we heal. ;) I think, after seeing you develop an awesome character like Brenna, that you will do well in the 'real' world of writing. Let me know when you get something published. I will most definitely be hunting it down in book stores, no matter the genre.

You have a way of bringing characters to life that's rare and wonderful. Thank you, so much, for sharing! I love your writing, and have now read everything you have posted here.

Hafta say, too, that I LOVE your stubborn 'gonna stay in denial until the job is done' hurt Dean, too.

PS- There are Supernatural books out there, published. Have you thought about submitting any of your Brenna Series to the publishing house that sells them? There are legalities to go through, of course, but it could be done, and I, for one, would love to see these stories in print.