Reviews for I Keep Smoking Cigarettes
Wing Moon chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Short but very sweet.

My fave part was:

Rosalie yanks the pack from her hand with enough force to rend steel. She breaks off a match with much greater tenderness, and strikes it against her own creamy wrist. "So," she says conversationally, her voice laced bitterness. "Why are you out here?"

Leah takes a long drag and exhales into the bright evening air, watching the smoke fade against the dimming sky. "I don't like weddings," she mutters simply. Images of bridesmaids dresses and garters dance an angry tango in her head, partnered with pictures of Emily and Sam and the family she'll never get to have with him. "What about you?"

Rosalie ignites the tip of the cigarette, but doesn't bring it to her lips. She twirls it nimbly between two long, perfectly manicured fingers, watching the flame smolder and grow and devour. Ash flutters down to land on her pale hand, but it doesn't burn. She brushes it away.

"I don't like funerals."

So Brilliant! Keep up the great job.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Wow. What a story! I love the way you used words to just paint a beautiful story. As short as it was, it was a really great fic. Amazing work. :)
Little Emily chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
awe.0 chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Thank you for writing about my two favorite characters from the twilight universe. I love their characters so much, when I read this it left me speechless yet with so much to say, so for the sake of time... Wonderful, brilliant, amazing... really conveys the characters the way I like to see them.

"I don't like funerals." Gah!
giselle-lx chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Why I keep forgetting the title of this fic, and that you wrote it (although in hindsight-duh!) I don't know, but thank goodness for the_gaz for throwing it back out there so I could find it again.

Stretch, there's a lot to be said for the beauty of something incredibly short. And you nail it here, hardcore. Both Rosalie and Leah are characterized picture-perfectly, through only a single moment in time. It's truly amazingly well done, and one I will keep coming back to, now that it's on my favorites list.
Sophie NightFire chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
very nice.

That is a very interesting scene you created with a remarkable knowledge of both characters. I think you captured them both expertly.

This was well written and dramatic.
JFresshhh chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
This is one piece of literature - art, even. Your words can draw up an entire painting. Each line drawn with precisive plot, each stroke brushed with care... T

his OS really requires some extra thinking. I've had to read this over four times to understand it. The parallels you draw between Rosalie and Leah are strikingly correct. They are two broken women. Leah has lost her love to her cousin, having to watch them live happily from a distance, stealing any romance she could possibly own. Rosalie who was raised in the 'wealthy' manner and taken advantage of by her fiance, and she's stripped bare of her humanity.

It's strange to see a werewolf and a vampire sharing their moment of despair with a cigarette. The way Rose was able to light her cig was interesting... And the fact they have something the other wants and yet share each other's presence, taking comfort in it, I suppose.

I'm not joking when I say this is a piece of literary art. What a stunning job!

- Jen x
Lecidre chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Your writing style is incredibly awesome! The way you put these two characters together is brilliantly done, and the ending is so powerful beyond words. Totally love your stories! Great job!
Bnick chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
Have I ever told you i love your style?

This speaks volumes without saying so much. This was a nice little treat.

It seems like in every story i read you are each character, but I can still sense one singular voice coming through them. Does that make sense? Maybe not. Either way, you do a damn fine job of...whatever it is you do that mAkes stories like this.
cranberrievodka chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Oh, I love Leah and Rose. This was short, but sweet. Thnx for writing.

e.s. _

got this link from the gaz btw ;-]
Britt01 chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Another perfect, tight vignette. Great summation of these two characters in very few words.
Siriusly Cute chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
wow, that is great.

so small, but so great. I love small fics that capture the characters personalities.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
I lied the chaarcterisation here, the contrast between the two women. Nicely written, a fav!
Peace Like a River chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Leah rocks, and Rosalie rocks, and you've explained exactly why. :-) Loved this.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Wow, powerful ending! Very clever.
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »