Reviews for Protégé: Padawans
Peaceful Dragon Rose chapter 5 . 4/16/2013
good story
Jedi1952 chapter 4 . 5/19/2012
Wow, I am really, really liking your Protege series. The characterzations are so on point. I love the idea that Dooku does not leave the Order because of Anakin, and subsequently preventing Gui-Gon's death and hopefully will not turn to the dark site. I eagerly await the completion of your next install in this series. Can't wait to read it. Thank you both so much for sharing this with us.

Sue
Pwyllugh chapter 5 . 5/4/2012
The bond between Dooku and Anakin is beautiful :-)

Somehow I always thought if he were to become his Padawan then he would be very distant and cold. But this just warms my heart!

If you ever come to the timeline of ROTS then I hope that Ani won't turn because of his strong bond with his master!
Lea1985 chapter 5 . 3/16/2012
great story
The Fanfic Lurker chapter 5 . 1/16/2012
This is a pretty good story. I've never thought much of Dooku (when I gave him much thought at all) but you've made him pretty interesting. I don't know if you plan on continuing with this (as it hasn't been updated for quite awhile now). But if you ever come across the inspiration to finish it, I'll look forward to reading more!
Gyreflight chapter 5 . 12/12/2011
Oops, I thought I’d reviewed this at the same time as ‘Chosen’…but apparently not. Anyway, I enjoyed this just as much as I did the preceding story. Your characterisation is nicely done, and I liked the opportunity to see how Anakin and Dooku start to settle in to the new relationship they’re building together – with the occasional hiccups of misunderstanding that are inevitable between strangers with very different perspectives on the world.

Anakin and Dooku are sympathetic, engaging and believable, separately and together, and both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon again make a good showing of themselves.

The stresses on both Anakin and his new Master from the cave scene and its aftermath are nicely dealt with and sometimes very appealing (oh, and I loved Dooku’s tendency to understatement – “In case you weren't aware of this," he added, "deflecting lightsaber blades without a lightsaber of your own is decidedly impressive." Hmm. Yes, I’d think so too :-).

Thanks for the read.
SilkenLady chapter 5 . 11/16/2011
adorable
MissAX chapter 5 . 4/1/2011
I really really like this! There's unfortunately not that many Dooku trains Anakin stories out there, but this is really cute. Please crank out a sequel!
cje24576 chapter 5 . 1/24/2011
I like this series of stories and I hope you continue with them.
charles123 chapter 5 . 12/28/2010
I like this series when Anakin is an apprentice of Dooku; it's original and interessting. I hope you're going to continue writing this ff-series...
Spice9 chapter 5 . 10/25/2010
I like this story and the one before it. You left it open so will you make a story to come after this?
T chapter 5 . 10/19/2010
I love this series of stories and want to read more of Ani and Dooku. I hope you will write more.
Divine Fighter chapter 5 . 6/22/2010
This story is awesome, I love seeing a good Master Dooku, and Qui-Gon being alive. I hope you finish the story!
T chapter 5 . 5/28/2010
I hope you will write more stories from this "Protege" storyline! I love it!
Ursula-Este chapter 5 . 4/30/2010
Awesome! I'm really happy to see this story updated and not abandoned as I've been starting to suspect. But this is not the end, is it? In any case I'm waiting most eagerly for another Protege installment.
The thing I really like about your story is that it touches upon matters concerning the 'verse that I have on one or other time pondered upon, for example the slavery thing. At least one Jedi actually cares about Anakin's mom! It always bothered me in canon, how come Anakin never goes running to Tatooine or annoys Obi into helping his mom. What kind of Jedi were these? Sorry, now I'm citing Confused Matthew. Bad of me, I know.
Loved how Anakin can't see Obi as his master. But then, at least in my opinion, at the time Kenobi was a tad too young. That's why I like AU stories with Qui-Gon surviving Darth Timefiller so much as I believe Anakin (who is not a typical padawan by any means, especially emotionally) required support and stability much better given by an adult (and not a grieving young Knight). I have wondered... Wasn't canonical Obi at least a bit sore about Qui suddenly declaring him ready to take trials?
No matter, Dooku is a great parental/masterly figure for Anakin and Anakin is good for him too.
In case it hasn't been made clear yet: I absolutely adore your story.