Reviews for Porcelain
Kyu-Momo chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Wow... that was brilliant.

You really do have a way with words.

And sorry, I'm not very good at explaining.. You convey so much in each sentence it's awe inspiring. :)

Excellent job!
The Obsidian Angel chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Beautiful, beautiful piece. You're very talented.
Wassermagierin chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
I really love Kuja's metaphorical way of speaking; that doll comparison was really beautiful and deep...also, the pondering, resigned air that you portrayed fit him really well in my eyes. But you can also see that he isn't as naive and compassionate as the protagonists are when he inquires after Vivi or informs Garnet that Zidane might be alive and then dying before she can find out more.

"His eyes were only half-closed when they turned to glass."

This sentence sends a shiver down my spine. The image just sticks in my mind...scary, and a bit sad.

"The black mages are given one year's worth of magic before they cease to move. I suspect that I've been granted twenty-five."

Then there is this. I'm almost seventeen, and the thought of being told that I would only live for eight more years is already rather terrifying. To be twenty-four and find out that you probably have less than one year...not to mention that Kuja never did get a chance to truly live, partly because of Garland...without anyone to confide in, I can almost understand why Kuja did what he did. Not condone, but at least understand.

Wonderfully done!
Saeth Ceirwyn chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Kuja echoes the sorrow that a lot of beautiful and famous people suffer in life: being seen only as a reflection of what others want. It's a terrible thing to go through life with no one ever really seeing you.

You've captured Kuja's resignation perfectly. By the end he was disturbingly passive, and had he lived, I think he would have been able to turn his life around.
Ars Silentium chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
I love this story! It's so bittersweet! Kuja never ceases to amuse me... (Gosh darn it, why'd I only find this now? _
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I liked this story very much; your dynamic, well written dialogue and the abrupt, poignant ending. Garnet's helpless rage was almost palpable and at the same time understandable, whereas Kuja's resigned self-composure nearly moved me to tears.

I added both "Porcelain" and "Telling Fortunes" to Sable's FFIX C2.
Leife chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
I absolutely love this piece! Kuja is my favorite villian of all the FF villians. :) You portray him correctly down to the very fibers of his being.

Leife
StrifeVsTribal chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
this was really good! you captured kuja's character in a most awesome way and kept the suspense up! can't wait to read more!
Calista21 chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
I liked this. Short, sweet and yet intruiging at the same time. Good work!
coffee-house-girl chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
As always that was a pleasantly brilliant story!
Ou-Rex chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
So sad ; ; but nice
CrimsonCobwebs chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
This was a very nice read _. A little OC for Garnet, and your paragraphing needs work, but Kuja was splendid to read. Very bittersweet.
Suikorin chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
This was a cool and quick read. I like the way you've captured Kuja's personality, sarcastic, poetic, taunting and jaded to the core. He spoke of exactly what Garnet would make Zidane into if she remains queen and still keep him. Which is why the game ending is appropriate.

Good job or writing this on a plane. Thanks for posting.