Reviews for Between A Rock
MudbloodPride chapter 17 . 7/13
I LOVE IT OMG. You're sucha good writer and the story was amazing and I'm so glad there's a sequel :3
excuse me while I go look for it
bookworm chapter 9 . 6/11/2013
You should have put the Harry potter quote, "no post Sundays!"
Tandy Sandman chapter 17 . 3/31/2013
beautifully written... definitely felt my stomach churn reading the abuse that poor Riley had to go through. Thanks for sharing!
iRefusetoentermyname chapter 6 . 4/1/2012
Don't let Riley die! Thanks for the football comment, but couldn't it have been hockey? I've from Penguin country so hockey is sooo much better than football and waaaay better than baseball. I really love the story and the fact that all main characters have major angst issues!
rowsdowersavesus chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Oh, i absolutely loved this story, thank you so much for it.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised that I knew every song mentioned, awesome taste in music! :)
shadowedfantasy chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
AMANDA ROCKS! One of my favorite songs by Boston. You've got good taste. (sniff) poor Riley.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 17 . 10/20/2011
Yay! A beautiful happy ending! Now they have two children and Riley will get to be a big brother. So sweet. Amazing work with this story.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 16 . 10/20/2011
Hooray, he pulled through! The suspense as Ben tried everything to save him is well written. Also good work with writing the emotions when they're all reunited at the hospital. Such a wonderful ending.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 15 . 10/20/2011
Such a sad, angsty chapter. Come on, Riley has to pull through. He's going to be adopted by Ben and Abby when he wakes. Please, please let him live.

You have some wonderful details here surrounding the rescue and Ben desperately trying to revive him. The emotion is well displayed.

Good work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 14 . 10/20/2011
Poor Riley. Good work with writing all that angst. The bit about being in that neighborhood is sad, especially when Riley starts thinking about having a sibling. Oh no, that cliffhanger! Please let Riley be okay and that Ben will be able to save him. Good work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 13 . 10/20/2011
Sad chapter. It just keeps getting worse for Riley. Good work with showing Abigail's regret for telling him about the baby. Nice job with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 12 . 10/20/2011
Poor Riley. No, he can't go back to living with Pop. Why can't the Gates have a new baby AND Riley? The more the merrier. Still it was sweet when Riley admitted that he loved Ben and Abby. He has to know that they love him too. Such a sad ending. Good work with writing this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 11 . 10/20/2011
Sad chapter. That son of...the part about the tooth really got me. Ben needs to flatten that man's face. I love the ending where he promises to protect Riley. Nice job with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 10 . 10/20/2011
Oh my goodness this chapter had me in tears. I just don't understand how anyone could hurt a child. I'm looking forward to seeing Ben get his revenge. Even though that jerk deserves it, hopefully Ben won't do anything too bad that will cause him to lose Riley. Nice work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 9 . 10/20/2011
Great chapter. Riley gets to meet the grandparents. It's so cute how they automatically like him. Riley needs as many people as possible to show him love.

Ben and Riley should talk about Riley's past with his father so Ben could let him know that what happened to his mother wasn't his fault. Poor Riley. He needs so much love and many hugs.

Riley's father has to be one of my least liked OCs in fanfiction history. I hate how people use God to justify child abuse or other horrible behaviors. Jesus teaches love. If that jerk who lost any privilege to be called Riley's father read the Bible he would know that. Just another reason to dislike him.

Anyway good work with this chapter. Everything comes across as realistic and it's well written.