Reviews for Refraction
I am uncertain as to why it is so hard to explain things to hinata, as she is a heiress of a very popular and large aristocratic family and has probably had the etiquette of a servant changing from one master to another poured into her head since before she could form complete sentences. If anyone in the entire village would understand naruto and haku's current situation it would be the hokage and every single one of the hyuuga aristocracy (including her).

"Wood and Iron" - so naruto meets yammato but iron? Why meet samurai? Also I think one of the biggest things naruto needs at this point in his life (here and in canon) is to learn to slow down, to think. In canon (and here) he acts more or less like a crackhead flea on a week long cocaine and sugar bender with a full pot of coffee in him, constantly. I know he knows how to be stealthy, I'm just unclear on why he shouts everything normally (come to think of it, I don't know why sakura screams everything either...as "shadows" they both really suck) and dashes off just a little after sasuke (who should know better then to run in head-first against unknown ninja/circumstances) But then again, with "thousand bird's chirping" and exploding fireballs, giant sand structures and water dragons 40-80 feet long flying through the sky, maybe "stealth" isn't all that important to "shinobi" anymore. After all for someone that preaches "look underneath the underneath" kakashi is really terrible at taking his own advice. (as is the rest of the village, even the "professor")
"It wouldn't feel right, giving special attention to someone who isn't even my student"? Um isn't that kinda exactly what the hokage ORDERED her to do? So even kurenai is insubordinate? And sasuke's "uchiha" status?... Um the uchiha DON'T EXIST anymore, they are just another DEAD CLAN. I'd think naruto would be getting fed up with everyone he knows playing "lets see who's the STUPIDEST" I mean I get giving tsunade special attention because of her heritage, she is the last senju, she is directly related to the first and second hokages.. But let me interject this, there has NEVER been even one famous uchiha. (after all, the one that co-founded the village, turned traitor and got KILLED by the first hokage..so that's INfamous not famous). It's a DEAD, crap clan, with a rep built on LIES and assumptions, NOT facts.
Peace has a negative effect on children?.. Um no, it seems to have a rather negative effect on the entire population of konoha... It makes them tear into each other, it makes everyone think they rule not the leader. It makes the common villagers disregard the hokage's laws and wishes, it makes his "advisors" forget there is only one leader not multiple ones, it makes the lower end ninja turn traitor like crazy, it makes the security squads let armies just walk through the front door with crazed jinchuriki! Peace seems to be rather a BAD thing to the whole village for some reason!

Kiba actually DISLIKING naruto?.. Well, maybe, but you'll notice in the anime/novels they are FRIENDS.. They pranked together, they faced punishment together and with the inzukia's in-born sense of loyalty there is NO WAY IN HELL he's gonna hate naruto. (FACE IT, really the ONLY ninja that dislike naruto are sasuke, kakashi (for not teaching him anything), negji (until naruto hands him a beat down), mizuki (because he's a complete idiot) and sakura (in the first series). Everyone else is INDIFFERENT because he's annoying and has shown NO strength (which seems to be the tape measure that EVERYONE looks at before deciding if a person is WORTH their time). And naruto brings A LOT of that on himself. If he showed that yes he was growing in power from the jump, yes, he might have scared a LOT of civilians, but they'd leave him alone, if he didn't take brutal and bloody revenge... he'd gain the notice and admiration of the NINJA and a LOT more HELP (thus making the normal civilians BACK completely off, for fear THEY would turn against them)

Also what is naruto's OBSESSION with BLUE?.. She has a BLOODLINE OF ICE... Of course her aura is blue! (he's reading FAR to much into this). She's lost her *father figure* her *her brothers*, got her life turned UPSIDE down in a VERY short period of time and was ALREADY an emotional mess to begin with, QUIT EMO-OBSESSING! (that's the *snake* swallowing sasuke's job!)

Of wood and Iron? Sounds interesting.

Ability to see emotions odd for naruto? Not really, he is a character almost GOVERNED by his emotions, and most of his canon fights are won with that emotional stuff anyways (zabuza, pein, shion, iserebi, etc... etc.. etc..). It just further makes danzo's hopes for a weapon even more COMICAL.. danzo really is a buffoon who doesn't have a CLUE how jinchuriki work isn't he? Good rival for sarutobi whom is only marginally smarter in my book.
Wolfone10 chapter 3 . 8/14
You realize that with haku's defeat, naruto has now beaten single handed 2 chunin(or is she a jounin?) and helped in defeating 2 more and a jounin... I'd say just give him a field promotion and be done with it. After all NO village has a genin jinchuriki (suna doesn't count because that was just cover to sneak in to leaf).

You know after showing that sarutobi is terrified of his own council and that he can't risk even the smallest chance of a small political war, plus showing that EVERYONE basically disregards his laws and intentions you probably SHOULDN'T bring up that whole "god of shinobi" nickname, it kinda makes it look like a BAD JOKE!
Wolfone10 chapter 2 . 8/14
"he often wondered what the high-ranking shinobi were thinking".. From what I have seen of every one of the clans(and most especially the *buzzard squad*).. is that they don't actually spend much time doing that at all. the "thinking" thing. They haven't had an "good idea" between all of them since the 4th hokage. Their kinda the WORST people you could POSSIBLY allow to give you advice (once more, one of those superb leadership decisions from the third).. At best they should have only been advisors for the first one or two decades (after that, their *insight* is obsolete). "the uzumakis had no recorded bloodline limit"... Um, YEAH they DO... Number one they're just about ALL sensors... number 2 chakra chains (so potent they can bind bijuu), number 3 extra dense chakra, number 4 extra long lifespans, number 5 assorted random powers (karin and the last uzukage come to mind really quick on that one) I'm not really sure why the hokage is surprised given that the uzumakis were a "grab bag" of bloodline powers. "oh the council would not like this,...".. COWARD! Are you sure sarutobi is the monkey clan and not the chicken clan? His "council", if they are THAT much of a problem should either be rotting in a jail, swinging from trees by their necks or have they're heads mounted on pikes! "Political civil war" sounds like JUST WHAT KONOHA NEEDS! It wouldn't be seen as weakness, in fact if anything, the council is a GLARING weakness! and danzo isn't on the council anymore, the hokage fired him after the uchiha massacre. (canon)

Inochi shouldn't hate naruto, after all, he's a NINJA they KNOW better! They USE sealing scrolls (and that's essentially ALL the dead-demon seal is)and explosive tags, and binding fuinjutsu in the i&t department not only that, he SHOULD see who naruto is considering he would have known his dad and mom and is supposedly smart enough to get confessions out of people and tell the truth from a lie. (see? Making ninja hate him, makes them all seem like complete and utter MORONS and makes it less likely that the village would have survived so long with such pathetic mental midgets)
Murasaki Hina chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
The story was a good idea and written very well. Until I saw sasuke and Sakura's OOC-ness. Naruto is a bit OOC too. I don't mind that you made haku a girl but some might. I hope this isn't Sakura and sasuke bashing. If it is, please mention in the summary.
WitchL0v3r chapter 3 . 5/20/2013
NOOOOOOO EVIL CLIFF-HANGERS!
WitchL0v3r chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
I LOVE IT!
Reader's Daughter chapter 3 . 10/4/2012
aww. poor naruto
Smiling Seshat chapter 3 . 2/28/2012
I discovered the story just today. Really nice, but judging by the date of the last update, I'm not going to bother hoping for more, even though I wish there were a fourth chapter.
Nice chapter 3 . 6/27/2011
It's always refreshing to see a bloodlines naruto that isn't something famous bloodline ie rinnegan. So pleas continue you sadistic author you!
OnTheImportanceOfLungs chapter 3 . 6/5/2011
Oh gawd, this is really, really good. Why isn't this continued? T_T
Reviewer chapter 3 . 5/17/2011
I like the concept, but I feel as though the scene from the first chapter - where Haku and Naruto have that chat where he wants her/him to kill him - is a bit TOO familiar. Also, I liked the scene where Naruto knew Haku's deceleration was hollow, it was a great addition. Anyway, I like your story, and hope you continue it.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I'm confused. is haku a boy or a girl?
buzzbumble chapter 3 . 9/17/2010
Your story is great but naruto's eyes seem a little bit lame ... Sheez mate, you are such a slacker for not updating for frigging ages!