Reviews for Not Where He Eats
tylee17 chapter 3 . 3/6/2009
(still like the dog... poor dog, in the house with his dead master... without anyone being able to feed him... although... nope... still like him... I wonder whether that'll change... - and don't tell anyone I just admitted all this...)

on another note: I don't think I ever said it before so I'm gonna do it now-it's so awesome how you always manage to write so faultlessly, I mean, no odd grammar, no spelling mistakes... how are you doing that? help of a ghost involved? a spell? eh? coz I don't think anyone else manages that... I sure as hell don't...

but okay, keep your secret to yourself. as long as you're not harming anyone, I won't alert a hunter to it... (:

aw, and of course I loved the "You're bleeding" part... but for once I'll spare you quoting it all again... (:

(and that dvd-thing... though I'd love to know what that's all about, and RIGHT NOW, I gotta admit it's real smart of you to slowly build up on that storyline as well and have us all on the edge of our seats not only because of the case but also because of a mysterious message from John)

off to read more... *checks watch* ...yup...
tylee17 chapter 2 . 3/6/2009
aw, that was SO much fun to read!

first off: Hamlet, the Great Dane? (I'm glad you didn't see my expression at that...) (:

I immediately fell for the darn dog, big and sloppy and all, so Sam and Dean better find a way to save him!

so here I was thinking: okay, the guys are no dog persons, then (too bad)... (:

and then, at the end, Sam asking exactly the same question I'd have asked Dean, too? that was such a cool way to end the chapter. a mixture of fun and a serious note, just the way you always manage to write! (it's showing through again, girl... that you did work for the show once, even though you're trying to make us believe otherwise... lol)

*sigh* I'm all back into fangirl mode already! (:

and into writing odd reviews...
tylee17 chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
*gasp*

seriously, where was I the last couple months? there I could have read all those new stories you put out, but no.

*outraged at herself*

but let's pretend I planned it all like that and go on to the actual review...

the Barbie Dream House? that threw me. lol (I had one back in the day...) (:

ooh, and a story with a dog? a possessed dog? hopefully they won't have to kill it... (if you shouldn't have guessed, I'm a dog person... and I like to imagine that Dean would be, too...) (:

but I better read on to find out more...
marinawings chapter 6 . 2/21/2009
i love this bizarre story! you are the master of writing the winchesters.
kwater chapter 6 . 12/19/2008
Loved it as always, leave it to John to state the obvious huh...thanks for the read - kel ;)
kwater chapter 5 . 12/19/2008
Okay is it wrong I'm crying more for the dog than I am for the humans...great story ;)
kwater chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
come on Sammy shag ass with that shotgun...terrific story as always - Kel ;)
kwater chapter 3 . 12/19/2008
Can anyone say ugh, gross...blech, not a very appetizing way to keep from starving to death. ;) Kel
kwater chapter 2 . 12/19/2008
Hm...wonderful, gotta love any story invovling a big ol' great dane... ;) Kel
kwater chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Sam shoved it open, forcing the man to stumble back. He looked up and up, and paled further at facing a very angry-looking giant. - That Sammy's one tall kid. Happy as always to see a new one from you. - Kel ;)
bhoney chapter 6 . 12/18/2008
I love this picture of Dean's care for his family: "His father was long gone now, and still Dean winced to know his dad had been alone and hurt with no one to help him."

And this was so sad, but true: "Neither of them mentioned the cost of following their father’s orders. It was too glaringly obvious what it had cost them. It had cost lives, souls. It had cost almost everything they had and more. They were still paying the price."

Another good story! Looking forward to the next one.
bhoney chapter 5 . 12/18/2008
This was my favorite chapter of the whole fic. Those two scenes-the swimming pool with Dean drowning and the scene with him comforting Hamlet while he's dying-are the ones that really stuck with me after reading this in the zine.

Loved Sam's determination to save Dean: "He was going in. If it drowned him, too, then so be it. He wouldn’t leave Dean to die alone in the pool without trying."

The little bit of humor was great: “Is there a reason that ghosts always sound like an eighty year-old English professor?” “Dean…” “Well, they do. You die and all of a sudden you’re Shakespeare’s love child.” LOL

This was so sad: "The poor dog, bereft at being left by Roy yet again, let out a terrible mournful cry that was painful to hear."

And then this was utterly heartbreaking: "As Sam approached, he could hear Dean speaking lowly to the dying animal. 'Don’t worry, boy,' he said gruffly. 'It’ll be over soon. You did a good job.' Dean was gently running his fingers over the dog’s head and ears. 'He was real proud of you. You caught the bad guy.' Sam’s heart nearly broke as he watched Dean comfort the dog. Sam knew what he was seeing, whether Dean realized it or not. It wasn’t a man and a dog. It was one soldier comforting another. Sam saw two warriors with no choice but to follow their instincts and their masters’ orders, even though it had killed one of them, might kill the other, too, in the end. Sam listened as Dean repeated the words over and over again. It’ll be over soon. You did a good job. He was real proud of you. You caught the bad guy. Was that what Dean wanted to hear in his last moments? Was that what he would need to hear when the time came? 'It’s all right,' Dean whispered. 'You did good, boy. We know what really happened.' The dog whimpered pitifully, and Dean just continued to smooth his hand through the dog’s fur, making soothing nonsense noises, as the dog weakened." *tear*

I love the way you have of taking a seemingly totally unrelated situation and finding the emotional cord that binds it to what the boys are going through. It's really brilliantly done, and this scene is one that will continue to stay with me. So glad that Sam recognized what was really going on.
annie200 chapter 6 . 12/13/2008
Good job! Good story, great characterisation!
Laura of Maychoria chapter 6 . 12/10/2008
Great story. You really have a gift for interesting plots and good pacing. It was compelling and kept me interested the whole way through-a rare thing in a fanfic, or any fic, really. Loved the Hamelt retelling-I figured it once Sophie appeared on the scene, but you had changed enough to keep it intriguing. The scene with Dean comforting the dog was heartbreaking.

And aw, that video from John. So pointless, too short. He couldn't even tell them he loved them. Sigh. Felt entirely in character.

Keep it up! You write really, really good stuff.
frenchfredo chapter 6 . 12/8/2008
ow, nice ending. John's video was just... so John. And finishing with some classical brother banter, loved it. Hope we'll see you soon again...
108 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »