Reviews for Not Where He Eats
JazzyIrish chapter 6 . 12/8/2008
I never thought I'd see "Hamlet" quotes in a story about "Supernatural" ;). The Bard's foremost tragedy, no less, where the King is killed by his brother so that he can marry his brother's wife. Hmm...sounds a little familiar ;). Great story and yes, I do see Dean as a dog person, someone who probably wished he could have had a dog through the years.

I'm with Dean about John's video at the end - it's almost a joke - especially in light of the weight he put on Dean's shoulders with the secret about Sam. But they'll treasure the brief video just to be able to see their father again.

I always enjoy your writing style - a good plot often interspersed with humor. You never disappoint. Thanks for sharing this story with us. Until next time...
Poppyflake chapter 6 . 12/8/2008
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks for posting.
Kansas42 chapter 6 . 12/8/2008
Heh. I love that the video didn't hold some secret or some sentimental goodbye. It was pretty much what they already knew. That was realistic. I loved the different boy's reactions. Nice job.
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 12/8/2008
That was John, a man of few words.

You did a great job, John would have never gone for anything sappy.

I like how he left a DVD for the brothers and before they ever saw it, they had done exactly what he wanted.

Yes, you did make me shed a tear, but I still enjoyed this story. I've loved all your SN stories (except one)

Side note: My sister also enjoyed your book, now it currently being read by a co-worker.

Great ending, prefect brother banter.

I hope you have another old or new story to share with us.

You focus on the brothers and a good mystery, not how violently can we injure them.

Thanks for sharing a story with us that I can read.

Until next time, take care.
TheFreshApple chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
Haha... that's John, alright.

Woo, good run. Nice story.
Ciya chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
Gentry got what he deserved. I feel sorry for poor Hamlet but at least he didn't die alone. Good story.
PADavis chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
I was worried there for a minute that John's recording was going to be sappy, but I believe you played it just right. He's afraid he's going to die, and all he asks is that they keep hunting. Not a word of encouragement or care - perfect John. Very nice wrap up and I did love the shakespeare.

Phoebe
jasper03 chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
Thank you so much for writing this! It was awesome! I was a little worried john would leave a sad "i love you, always have. go and cry now. you deserve it" video, but you stayed very true to John's character and the boys' characters. Good job!
snangelbaby chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
Loved this story. I personally thought burning the yard was a great idea too. I had just come up with it in my mind when the boys came up with reasons why it wouldn't work. But the last line is great!

Now, write me a story about the 5 second sex scene with Ruby and Sam. I'd do it myself if I could but I can't.
youthere chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
I really enjoyed this story and I hope you'll be posting some more in the near future.

I especially liked the last scene with John's last wishes. Not a lot of people would set up a scene like that and not fall into an angst-pit with it... Good on ya :)

"You just got pissed and called a do-over. Bad habit of yours.”-loved that.
youthere chapter 5 . 12/7/2008
Loved Ophelia in the swimming pool... And I have to say, I would really love to see them attempt to salt and burn a lawn :)
Toxicangel chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
interesting!
Ash8 chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
Great wrap up. I admit to being worried that John had left a "soppy" message - but you kept it very true to John. He had the perfect opporunity to say something more but didn't. Typical! Loved the way Dean reacted too.

Great banter as usual.

Thanks for sharing. :D
EagleGirl6 chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
Great wrap-up. That dang John; what a letdown. Dean's reaction was perfect! Thanks for this:)
lostatc chapter 6 . 12/7/2008
Love it! This was great! And Dean identifying with Hamlett, priceless. Thanks for a great read.
108 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »