Reviews for Happy Endings Don't Exist Here
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I know what you mean, even though Zero is, well Zero there's just a lot about Kaname's manipulations that feel that Yuki isn't free around him. Good story.
ElfMaidenOfLight chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
very good. i hope yuuki realizes how much of a bastard kaname is and goes with zero
Halan Lore chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Kaname is a manipulative maniac recently...
Sagakure chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
So sad... ;; Poor Yuuki, and poor Kaname too.

As for the manga, I don't see it like that. If you remember, the council did send Rido to the school, after asking him to murder the entire Night Class and all their families, because they weren't being pro-council. And he told Takuma he was going to do exactly that for them.

He was also after Yuuki. So with all that, Kaname finally being pushed that far and killing the council was way closer to self-defense and protecting his loved ones than it could ever be to manipulation for personal gain. ;

The vampire nature is not so innocent, but Kaname is not a manipulative bastard. He manipulates for good reasons, the times he does. ;) *lol*
YenGirl chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Glad you still like Kaname, I do too! LOL, I'm probably thinking of and SGK's version of that pureblood than the actual manga version but still... *smiles*

Well written as always. Poor Yuuki... regret is indeed so bitter. She sounds so trapped where she is right now... trapped for an eternity... *sad sniff*
AssassinedAngel chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
"...to help but the king in checkmate if need be..." "Put"?

"...if their was one damn good thing about it..." "There"

XDD Soft head pats. I love Zero's head patting. Adorable.

Aw... So sad. I adore how you ended it. The nonexistent future.

I even love your author's note and how you said you "took the blind fold off" :]
LeaNicolaie chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Mm, I really like this - Yuuki without the 'blindfold'. I always characterize her as cheery, warm and lighthearted with a bit of mischief on the side, and it was refreshing to see her written this way. I don't see many disillusioned!Yuuki fics and this was done so well *squeal* :D

What I love more, is that it was believable, and I could see this happening, a very possible possibility...

I also love the brief mentions of her memories, like small flashes that fly by, leaving not so small impressions and emotions. For me, it shows her mentioned fear of not wanting to go too forward, as if she doesn't want to linger too long on each moment she remembers.

And, totally unrepentant for Kaname's 'dissatisfaction', I'm (a little darkly) happy with Yuuki's 'frozen eyes' when she smiles at him. Ha! *points and smirks*

And yes, I agree Kaname has been manipulative, but in my opinion, he's always been manipulative...*shrugs*

I like that Yuuki noticed too late, much as I am a sucker for happy endings. It fits really well for something like this :D

Thank you for sharing such a lovely oneshot! As a YuukixZero fan, it was an absolute delight to read :D
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
*THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

You are SO right about Kaname here. Really you hit the issue SPOT ON.

I see the story of his past, his loneliness, and his troubles and I want to feel sorry for the guy... but then he pulls some manipulative crap and I want to smack him around for it.

And he's actually gone so far as to pull it on YUUKI, no less. The girl he supposedly loves! That whole "Are you going to leave me alone again?" thing (chapter 40 something) was so obviously just to try to make her do as he wanted and leave the school. (So glad that semi-backfired on him. lol)

You are right. It *should* piss Yuuki off. That and the way he's manipulated Zero. I can't wait till she finds out that, this whole time, it was actually Kaname who killed Shizuka.

Your story itself was very bittersweet and left you with the feeling of Yuuki yearning for better days and things long lost. I think it was a good insight into a possible future. I felt the descriptions of life as the pureblood princess were good and very likely what it would actually be like for Yuuki.

And I loved the descriptions of the affection btwn Yuuki and Zero in the past. Liked this line especially:

"Yuki remembers soft head pats, silly little fights, bows and bandages."

Maybe its just cus I think the head pats are adorable. XD Though they seem to have moved on to cheek patting recently, which is *also* adorable. lol