Reviews for The Scenic Route
Addicted1 chapter 2 . 1/5/2014
Aww, I loved that. I'd never really thought about connecting Dean and Lorelai through needing to deal with a big mistake, but that was an excellent moment between them. Thank you!
Addicted1 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I love your writing! "which she was sure was hard on the little old agoraphobic woman"-such a Lorelai thought!

"jointly defective DNA"-great phrase!

Poor Dean! I hope Kirk didn't kill him. (Great job with Kirk too!)
The Quote Bandit chapter 2 . 12/3/2012
Sdfghjklk,jhnfcsdzxfcgkvhlb,j ghdnmshjuj, sdxhj,xdjmxhmhnsgbzgtntstgh
1. Lorelai, if you don't bitch-slap that mother, don't worry. I will.
2. LORELAI YOU'RE NOT EVEN OLD AND YOU'RE A DIRTY OLD WOMEN.
3. Dean, baby. Let me hug you.
4. Dean, you're a Hufflepuff.
5. Which makes Rory a Ravenclaw, I guess. Maybe Jess, too?
6. Don't know much about Logan, but from what I've heard he's a Slytherin.
7. And Lorelai's a Gryffindor!
8. You're awesome.
The Quote Bandit chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
STOP RUNNING THINGS OVER DEAN!
Poor baby. :(
Lion's Song chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
What can I say, I'm in awe! I'll admit there are very few fics on this site that I bother to REALLY actually sit down and read - and those few end up in my favorites, like this one is going to.

I've always been guilty of being a Lorelai/Dean fan - I felt that their chemistry could have led to something more, though that surely wouldn't have happened on the show. I wish it had. But that's what fics like this are for, no? Anyway, naturally I love this story because it ships Lor/Dean. I love Lorelai, and I love Dean. But I also love this because it's excellent writing, a unique circumstance, and it carries with it the wit, humor, but also depth that Gilmore Girls so perfectly displayed. Excellent - I'll definitely give your other fics a look, too, as I'm also a Supernatural fan and a Sam girl!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Okay. I can't read this, because I know I will end of leaving a long rambly review about how much I hate the pairing, and I know that's the most annoying thing in the world, but I really did want to say: your summary is absolutely fantastic. If I was into this pairing, that summary would've drawn me right in. Heck, it almost drew conservative little me right in anyway. It was funny, interesting, and entertaining. Claps to you for writing a rockin' summary. *Resists urge to torture self with pairing I know I won't like.*
nolongeraroundgoodbye chapter 2 . 5/9/2009
I loved this too!

Hee. Grown up Dean (looking awfully like Sammy Winchester. YUMMY).

Love that Lorelai embraced being a "dirty old woman" and why not I say.

Bless Dean, I wanted to spend so much of this fic giving him a hug and telling him it would be okay, he would be okay. I hope he starts to believe in himself more soon.

X
twinchaosblade chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
Oh, that was a brilliant fic! I have to admit that I never watched 'Gilmore Girls' and have no idea about the characters beyond knowing who Lorelei, Rory and Luke are but this was fantastic. From the little I've seen you wonderfully captured Lorelei's chatty personality in the way the story was written from her point of view.

And I honestly laughed out loud at realizing that you had Dean get run over by a bike, a motorized bike. I adore you up and down for whumping the poor boy whatever incarnation he comes in.

Now I really enjoyed how caring Lorelei was with Dean, even if the situation started out a bit awkward because of their history together. To read how poorly Dean's parents thought of their son, especially his mother was heart-breaking and made me ache all the more for the support and self-esteem boost he obviously got from talking with Lorelei. After all it was sorely needed it seems.

I think I can't really comment on your characterizations because I hardly have a notion of any characters to begin with but I thoroughly enjoyed the story and felt it was very well-written.

And just to let you know what led me to read this gem, I strolled over to your profile to read one of your SPN fics but the summary for this was so intriguing, I couldn't help myself to choose this one instead. Needless to say I never regretted it in the least. I might just go read the prequel next time I'm looking for a story.

Hugs!
PiratelfDair chapter 2 . 12/9/2008
The second part was even more amazing that the first!

And she meant it. She meant it. Like if she could trade Dean in, she would in a heartbeat.

No wonder Dean had self-esteem issues. At this point, the kid was lucky if he wasn't suffering irreparable damage.

I love how you portray Dean's parents in this! It creates so much angst for Dean! And they do seem this way in "Tippecanoe and Taylor Too".

I love how you have brought Luke and now Lorelai in contact with Dean, and had them both come out on his side.

Excellent fic!
Miguel51 chapter 2 . 12/7/2008
Just like it's predecessor, this fic was done very well and I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you for writing it.

I liked how Lorelai's opinion of Dean changed by story's end, very much like Luke's had in 'Shocking'.

Excellent work.
whoaaitsmichele chapter 2 . 12/7/2008
Ooh, I loved this!
smallvillegirl1 chapter 2 . 12/7/2008
I loved this! Lorelai and Dean always had a interesting chemistry on the show, so this was really cute. And you have Lorelai down! Happy I found this, can't wait for more.
Tari Palantir chapter 2 . 12/7/2008
What an amazing take on Dean!

I never fully watched Gilmore Girls after the whole Jess thing, but now I am itching to go back and watch the episodes again.

It's amazing how you captured Lorelai, I mean, I can almost hear her talking! I actually recommend GG to learn to talk English in the fastest way possible.

And Limp!, which is the icing on the cake. I had tears threatening to fall while reading chapter two...it's always hard for people to see another side of us, and I'm glad that Dean got to realize, with Lorelai's help, that he also needs to chnage how he perceives himself.

A round of applause for you!
I'mcalledZorro chapter 2 . 12/6/2008
Excellent redempetion (think i spelled it correctly) of Dean. Do you think you might can forward it to the people who did Gilmore Girls and get them to do a special just for Dean? Cause this would be perfect. I am excited about the whole 'verse and will be looking forward to reading it. A good Dean fic. is hard to find. Again wonderful job, I enjoyed reading it.
RhianaStar chapter 2 . 12/5/2008
I so loved this story and the Redemption of Dean... been waiting for a long time & love the fact not only do we have Luke's insight but now Lorelai. And... her advice to him was so needed since his parents don't have that faith in him.

"all she could think was how much he'd grown up, how well he'd grown up, and if other people couldn't see it, that was their fault"