Reviews for Surviving You
Anna Nimmous chapter 20 . 7/26
I finished reading this in one sitting yesterday, and let me say, it was absolutely and completely worth it. It's been awhile since I found myself rooted to a seat, unable to move because the fanfic I'm reading is already moving my mind into territories and feelings I pretty much never knew existed.

You interweave dialogue and narration - your narration, by the way, is astoundingly good - so well, and the story progressed at a comfortable and steady rate, which worked incredibly well with its suspenseful nature. I remember Miles saying something about Phoenix doing as he pleases and not rushing to get Kristoph locked up, and I realised, the fic never felt like a cliche'd "race-against-the-clock" sort of suspense. The realism of the characters and how they dealt with Kristoph's behaviour/actions was perfect.

Wow, I almost didn't mention Kristoph, and how excellently you portrayed him. Kristoph happens to be one of my most hated characters, in all honesty, but god, I felt so conflicted about him at the end. I don't think I've ever had a sliver of sympathy for this character, and you seemed to turn that around for me.

Thank you so much for sharing this breathtaking fic with us. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I might let out the internal scream I've been building whilst reading this.
PierceTheVeils chapter 7 . 3/23
I love Von Karma. Love her. You wrote her really well, and that's a first for what I've read.
kaleidoscope-dream chapter 20 . 10/8/2014
I'm shocked this doesn't have more reviews. Why is it that gems like this are never properly given the credit they are due? I absolutely loved your characterizations of ... well, everyone. You took a prompt that seemed completely out of its depth and turned it into this! Because fluff and Kristoph in the same sentence ... it's hard to imagine. But here you go, making it possible because of that amazing 80, 000 word context. I enjoyed reading every bit of this.

My favorite part was Kristoph's trip to Maya's. I laughed. And considering the content of this story, that was no small feat. You took a dark, twisted Kristoph and yet made this reader actually feel pity for him. The way Phoenix handled the closure for those seven long years? Not going to be forgetting that anytime soon.

In short, thank you for an amazing story that had depth and meaning and explains away a lot of things that didn't sit right with Phoenix's attitude in AJ. You can tell this was well thought out, and it truly exceeded my expectations.
fwumpbump chapter 20 . 5/13/2013
I mean.
I've read my fair share of fanfic and scoured most of the Ace Attorney archives (admittedly with a bias towards one certain pairing) but this is the first time I've ever been so incredibly satisfied with the ending. The more sweet than bitter bittersweet taste it left in my mouth is something that will be relished for a long time yet, despite the way it makes my chest ache.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/24/2012
This is as near to perfection as any fic can get. This entire ending was such a Phoenix thing to do, I just can't imagine things turning out any other way. Love the light, delicate way you handled the Miles/Nick relationship, somehow humanizing Kristoph while bluntly portraying him as a complete monster AT THE SAME TIME, and just Phoenix's character development in general. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. This is going to be my headcanon from now as well. You are such a beautiful, compassionate writer.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/24/2012
Goddamn. This blew my mind. I can't believe how gorgeously fucked up you've made the whole Kristoph/Phoenix relationship. So complicated, ugly, and yet strangely compelling. I love it. This might be one of my favourite fictional relationships I've ever read, fanfic or otherwise. You are an amazing writer.
Guest chapter 13 . 9/24/2012
Squeeing. So hard. Oh mai eff gee. This is so beautifully and fits so brilliantly into canon. Goddamnit. I never cared much for Trucy in AJ but I am totally in love with her here she's just so cute and adorable and loving and GODDAMNIT you paint all the characters with so much love and respect and understanding it makes me want to cry with happiness. Your writing is so competent, I love it so much. Oh my god.

"More weird and personal than my dead boyfriend stabbing my mother, who was channeling your dead ex-girlfriend, who was trying to kill my sister to get revenge on me for having already died after getting her executed, in part for the apparent murder of the aforementioned dead boyfriend?"

Best line in the chapter. Man, that sums up 3-5 perfectly.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
Miles... I don't deserve you... you're way too good for me... *sob*

That is literally what I was thinking when reading this chapter. It's like I was playing a Phoenix Wright game with Nick as my avatar. That's how in character and REAL you've made everybody.

Probably a bit too late, but I have to say that THIS is exactly the fic I was needed after finishing Apollo Justice. Which I just did a week or so ago. I didn't have my hopes up high, of course, because you know how fics generally are, but holy shit. This is my wish come true. Literally. This is everything I wanted, and more. Exploring the relationship between Kristoph and Nick in all its ugliness is just part of it. AJ left a gaping hole inside me and you filled it so beautifully. Can I just say that you are now one of my favorite fanfic writers of all time? Because you are. I can't believe that I waited till now to discover you - I'm so happy that you've written like 90 fics and I'll have all of that to read through once I'm done with this. Please never stop writing. Please.
Luna Quiche chapter 20 . 11/30/2011
This was easily the best and most in character Ace Attorney fanfiction I read in my life.

It filled all the holes and matched with all in-game-canon with an accuracy and sense for detail that's breathtaking.

It put me off shipping Kristoph and Phoenix forever. Interestingly enough I developed no hatred for Kristoph, he remained my favourite character. You did him justice. I love how you didn't actually go in-depth about the reasons for his psychosis and kept the black psyche locks up this way.

This was all just so shockingly realistic, the way Phoenix got to be his later self and all.

I read this in one go, printed things and took it to bed with me. I felt physically sick at some parts, cried at others and then laughed when Maya made her appearance.

This was just astounding and beautiful. You really influenced my view on Ace Attorney forever. Also you only deepened my love for Kristoph.

I can only repeat myself, that was beautiful.

I just missed Klavier a little bit, but that's not really critism.

I actually read this a while ago and just somehow didn't review, but the thought of the story still makes me shiver.

Thank you for your inspiring work!
U-Ree chapter 20 . 6/3/2011
I... You... Ah. I don't know what to say, really, I just want to confess... That I cried at the end- and I really admit that this is one beautiful piece of work. I'm in love, that was just letters and sentences, but you just...

Author. Are you a part of the Troupe Gramarye? Because you're just so magical. (Pathetic flirting aside...)

Thank you, Author! Wish there's more fanfics like this one around... :) can't wait to feel inspired again.

... You know, forget my rant. Write more!
Cookie Heist chapter 20 . 3/14/2011
This fic was so well-crafted. It's kept me hooked since last night. I liked your Phoenix a lot - how he manages to see the light in everybody. This version bridged the change in Phoenix's characterization from Trials and Tribulations to Apollo Justice really well. The plot was awesome, and I loved seeing the cute little moments with Trucy and Maya and Pearl, as well as the relationships between Phoenix and Kristoph and Edgeworth.
akuma-river chapter 20 . 11/26/2010
Wow. What an intriguing and sad story. I still haven't got the Apollo game yet so I'm not sure how much is canon (I'm still wondering how they could dare leave Edgeworth, Maya, and Pearls out and I'm wondering if Phoenix will be in the new Investigations sequel game) and how much isn't in regards to the events that happened. But damn, what a twisted and sad character Kristoph was.

Some people who have been hurt very deeply bury it up and need to control things around to the point that they hurt others and it is okay to them because they aren't being hurt anymore. It sounds like Kristoph fits in this category and the way that it is tied to his weird hangups about sex...leads for some very dark conclusions.

I wonder if Kristoph really did love Phoenix but he just couldn't accept it, understand it, or even admit it because it was a weakness and a way to hurt him and he couldn't deal with that even facing death because death is death but emotional pain is true hurt on the soul level and he would rather go to death not facing that pain.

Loved the story.
Wolfareen chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
I absolutely cannot believe this story only has 37 reviews. (My finger actually slipped just then, trying to make it 377. If only.) This is one of the first proper Phoenix Wright fanfictions I had read and, my word, it stuck with me. I had to read it over and over even if just certain bits that would not stop telling themself in a wonderful visual story in my head, begging to be read again properly.

I really honestly consider this as canon as much as fanfiction can be. Truly. Your characterisation is spot on. Your unflinching descriptions and your light touch with the spots where Miles and Phoenix were actually together. I adored the bit in the hotel, with Phoenix laughing about the baggage carousel and Miles glaring at the carpet; the whole chapter.

I also, now, can't stand Kristoph. You have made me hate him. Every time I see another fanfiction with him in, I tense and hate him because of this story.

Anyway, rambling on. Bravo. Sincerely. I love it :)
hieilover135 chapter 18 . 10/7/2010
This story is BRILLIANT. I must commend you on how accurately you managed to portray everyone in this story. For a while there, I honestly thought you would've gotten Phoenix to rape Kristoph...

This is going on my favourite story list!
Orange Lights chapter 20 . 8/1/2010
This was a good ending.

It's good you didn't get Kristoph to admit about his past - if he really did have a traumatic experience in his past - because it makes him all the more mysterious/evil and admitting it would make him look weak and be very un-Kristoph if that makes sense.

The ending made me smile, because it did show that he wasn't as evil/possesive as he would like to believe, with the whole genuine laughing at the trick Trucy did. It made me smile :)

I've enjoyed reading this story very much, and I really liked the way you cleverly used the elements of the game and instead of sticking them in here with a flimsy reasoning, they make sense with the context you've written! Anyway, thanks for writing such a great story, I'm going to see now if you've got anything else I can read! XD
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »