Reviews for The Key
302pilot chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
I do love 'early', and this was a great picture of the tension that had to be there really, really early on. It's easy to forget the baggage that HC was carrying when he stuck his neck out yet again and allowed another ex-con into his world. and the fact that Mark would consider what he was considering when a certain beloved housekeeper showed up is so very believable, especially after the hurtful words that were exchanged. The 'calling of the sea' was perfect as well, drawing him back to a place where he could think just a bit longer...and make the right decision, with a little help, of course.

Thanks for a great read. and for Sarah.

Please write more!

cheride chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
I think one of the reasons I like early so much is because that's where Sarah absolutely belongs, as she so obviously belongs here. Very nice conversation with her and Mark, with her offering the voice of reason at just the right moment. And the way HC makes a peace offering is perfect.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
You This was a delight to read.

Yes I'm sure Mark was so confused and concerned at where he stood with Hardcastle,because of Hardcastle seeming as though he trusted him one he allowed him to come home on his own from Vegas and the next when he wanted to go get his things from his old apartment Hardcastle said no and would not bend on it.

I loved the part here at the end when Hardcastle gave Mark those two the one for the main house.

You really do write great stories.

Write more soon ok?

L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Terrific Sarah, and the guys are spot on for "early": just enough tension, and Mark's anger is proportionate to the perceived injustice.

I, too, love the title, and the role of keys, both metaphorical and real. And I especially like the imagery of the ocean and the beach, and the recurrence of it in a moment of near crisis.

Beautifully done!
owlcroft chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Beautifully done! A wonderful story that is completely believable and totally in character for the guys and Sarah. You've got a real read on them all and the dialogue is perfect. I loved the recurring key motif and the little mental soliloquies.

I hope you'll write more _soon_. This is a gem of a story!