Reviews for The Twelve Dark Days of Christmas
EwigeStudentin chapter 4 . 11/22/2014
Deliciously desperate! Love the twist.
drasticactions chapter 4 . 1/26/2014
I quite liked the twist at the end, not quite as dark when you put it that way I think. Creepy but I liked it
ChucklingDevil chapter 4 . 7/25/2013
That was a very interesting read, I love the twist at the end, I did not see that coming. Something different and nice to read :)
Bebi77 chapter 4 . 12/16/2012
This is my take on your story.

1.) Hermione is really in love with Snape
2.) Snape is really in love with Hermione
3.) Snape is both insecure and afraid of losing Hermione
4.) This insecurity is deeply rooted in Snape's heart that it overpowers both reason and his love for Hermione.
5.) Over thinking leads to insanity. Then there's the love potion.
6.) Loving Hermione was his anchor. without her, life would be meaningless.
7.) The love potion was a way of keeping him from being insane and driving away Hermione. It also helps him focus on what he deems is the most important thing. Loving Hermione.
8.) His plan was almost fool proof until Hermione chanced upon him making the potion. Thus, Hermione learns the truth.
9.) And so we have one freaky-assed fic that's so awesome that I had to write a review and I really don't write reviews! GOOD JOB! :)
10.)PS: Overthinking kills.
1ori ann chapter 4 . 9/17/2012
Creepy, but in an interesting way.
AriaTheCraZFerret chapter 4 . 9/9/2011
It was alright except for the fact that you turn Sev into a sadistic bastard.
senkoed chapter 4 . 3/27/2011
wait. what? why is it severus that swallows the potion? it's to ensure that he loves hermione the way she needs him to love her?

still, this is a pretty daring take on SSHG. most people make severus to be this super cultured gentleman with a heart of gold and he then sweeps hermione off her feet. he is a great character but not -that- magnificent. in fact, it is plausible that he can snap like that. i also really like how the entire episode is interspersed with the ingredients. i find it provides a really interesting... texture? to the text.
KT8812 chapter 4 . 8/29/2010
For one of your shortest stories, this will probably be the longest review you'll get from me. Despite Severus' darkness and fanatical ideas, I think doing something like this would certainly be within the realm of possibility for him.

Also, I think his actions speak a lot about his own insecurities rather than a depraved twisted mind. The idea of them falling out of love is too painful for him and yet in all his Byronic glory he seems convinced that, that is precisely what will happen.

Instead of looking at his actions as something depraved or illogical, being the hopeless romantic that I am, I would look at it as a declaration of his boundless love for Hermione.

Yes, it's dark, refreshingly so and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Anubis Ankh chapter 4 . 2/11/2010
Shocking twist at the end. I liked it.
phoenex chapter 4 . 12/26/2009
that was a little weird...
Elentari the Second chapter 4 . 11/4/2009
Wow. That was...interesting. I read some of the other reviews, and I would have to disagree with the person who said it should have been developed into a larger story. I don't think I could have read a story like that, even if you'd been able to, and for me the use of short sharp drabble scenes were very effective. Very interesting ending. Poor Hermione. Poor Severus, to have his perspective on life so twisted that he truly believes that a love potion, not trust, is the necessary element in a relationship.
missevilprincess chapter 4 . 1/14/2009
Wow, this /was/ really dark. D:

Twisted type of love. Poor Hermione...
the-anonymous-c chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
wow, this was chilling, powerful, and creepily enough I don't find this out of the realm of possibility for Snape with all his issues. The ending was so surprising, at first I didn't think I liked it, but I read it a second time and I think it was an interesting twist that made this piece more memorable because it went against expectations.

I'm not a huge fan of Severus & Hermione, but I really like what you did with Severus's character here and I found that this could've worked for anyone he could be paired with. Awesome!
Celestial Moonwalker chapter 4 . 1/1/2009
A bit of despairing horror...

Blame me for liking it...
CalebKing chapter 4 . 12/30/2008
Well. That was sufficiently creepy and yet weirdly touching. Oh, Severus. And poor Hermione. Good job on keeping the hopelessness in his character for this story.