Reviews for Past His Guard
doctorjay chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Wonderful! The precised way you describe Vetinari's thoughts- are you sure you aren't channeling a certain Mr. T. Prachett?
Eleya Jade chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
Very good story. :-)

I love this one: 'It was a curious fact, and one Havelock had never quite managed to fathom, that women were never frightened of him. Fascinated, intrigued, even mesmerized but certainly not frightened. It was curious.'
arwenae chapter 2 . 1/15/2010
Really and truly loved this. Partly because i adore Vetinari, and I love that you managed to give his PoV without in any way diminishing his awesomeness. Not entirely sure he would have exectuted old Dragon, but I freely admit it's well within the realms of possibility...

Again, really loved this. Beautifully written too.
Virtuella chapter 2 . 1/15/2010
Oh, wonderful! This is just /so/ Vetinari! And you've very accurately described the effect he has on women. ;-) Lovely Drumknott, too, and just overall wonderfulness (Goodness, I sound like Gogol...)

Quia ego /sic/ dico. BTW.
Netrixie chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Wow. I am so very impressed. Nice job.
LadyAdarah chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
It was really interesting seeing those scenes from Vetinari's point of view - that's a point of view we never really get in the books! Vetinari's my favourite character at the moment and I think you captured him very well. :D
Gogol chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Aw.

Being about Vetinari, it's a creepy sort of cute, but it's still so /cute/. XD He does skirt around a level of OOCness disconcerting to me at the height of his delirium, but that's plausible enough, given the, well, delirium; and the narration from his point of view with the canonical dialogue was pretty amazing. When Vetinari hissownself can't come up with a half-decent metaphor, truly, things are going downhill for his soft and blunted brain. On the other hand, "Vimes wearing a face like Thursday" is sort of intensely awesome. Y'know. Just a bit.

Succinctly, the fic was amazing, the interpretation great, and I really adore your Vimes-Vetinari interactions.
Virtuella chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Oh, this is excellent! Love the way His Eloquence is struggling with his words; that shows he's truly in a bad way. Vimes and Vetinari have such a wonderful friendship, if only they would admit to it. ;-)
Destenys Angel Pyra chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
intressting.

Your writting styl makes it easy to read the story,excellent work.
Roruna chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
I truly enjoyed that. Very well done. I especially enjoyed your use of metaphors to measure Vetinari's state of health.
Twist chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
This was great, no lie. I'm not really sure what to say beyond that - I just really enjoyed the whole thing from beginning to end! I really love your writing style and now that I see you have other stories up I will perhaps return after exams are over and spend some time with them. Thanks very much, hope to see more from you!