Reviews for Real World
TheUsualCrime chapter 17 . 12/27/2013
I like this story a lot. Though I'm disappointed in the epilogue, this one has a great concept and solid execution. It's not easy finding a way to make creative the old "Harry finds parents in an alternate universe and replaces his alter-ego" trope, but this fic does brilliantly with the different family dynamics between James and Harry, Lily and Harry (awesome on the fight and conflict betweenthese two, especially when Harry realized he's so much more focused on making his dad like him and just taking it for granted that his mum will), Sirius and Harry, and even between the various Marauder dynamics.

Love that Lily and Sirius are kind of suspicious of each other, and so Lily's suspicious of Harry's new closeness to Sirius. Love Peter being such an integral part of the family that Harry just had to get used to. Love the lingering Snape and Liky friendship, and the hint of tension it creates between James and Lily. I like how quickly the blush came off of Harry's "my parents are back" fantasy after a few months, the real frustration that came from living someone else's life, and how quickly that blush came right back the second he had to leave. I also really like the brief glimpse we see of the muggle!Harry (the hearsay magic!Harry gets about him throughout the story makes me hate the guy, but the "real" in-person kid is actually somewhat endearing here - arrogant, but with potential to learn and grow after being snapped out of his charmed life). The story did seem to wander a lot, like it wasn't quite sure where it wanted to settle, but overall tells an enjoyable tale.
Sam chapter 17 . 11/29/2013
Thank you for writing this. Fanfiction would be nothing without you dreamers.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/13/2013
Completely enjoyable, engaging and well developed story. Kept me interested beginning to end. Some plot twists worked better than others but overall a really fine job. Just one suggestion if you plan to write in the future, (this counts whether it's fiction, business writing, personal, etc.): brush up on your grammar and know the rules well enough that you NEVER rely on a spell check/grammar check's advice - which can be wrong as often as it's correct). Two consistent errors as examples: "use to" should be "used to," (It does sound the way you write it and the words are spelled correctly so you just have to know...), and also: mixing up "their" and "they're," (and similar - again you need to learn this on your own - Word, etc. will be of little use, but learning when to use a contraction vs. when to use a plural is an easy one to learn). This may sound like a small point but, since you write very well - and are still rather young - I do see some sort of writing in your future and these are the kinds of things that make folks take you seriously - or not - no matter how well thought out and written your piece may be. I've only mentioned these two errors - there are others - to help give you a place to start. Your writing and creativity are already well developed; this should be your next step. Good luck! Looking forward to reading more of your work!
holly chapter 17 . 5/14/2013
thank you so so much for that story it was absolutley amazing, i felt everything harry did, it couldnt have been better!
soaring freedom chapter 17 . 12/12/2012
wow this story left me speechless it's awesome i almost cried reading the ending
your portrait of harry in the 'real world' was so amazing his feelings and thoughts how he sometimes wished to return the wizarding world and then feel guilty about it. it was just so realistic like something harry would really do
and the "real world was really nice how you made parallels between the two worlds was very good
this story really is one of the best alternate dimension stories i have read
Jack chapter 17 . 11/6/2012
I just want to say thank you for writing this story. I really enjoyed reading it and you are very talented. I'd love to see some of your original work.
xxnarufanxx chapter 17 . 6/29/2011
very good and intressting story! i would like to have known how the other harrys relationship with draco and his parents changed
Lady Shagging Godiva chapter 6 . 12/17/2010
So is this slash?

I'm unsure where you're taking this, but if it is you should say something sooner in an A.N. some people, or a lot I don't know are unconfortable with male on male relationships.
ladylaughalot chapter 17 . 9/20/2010
I really enjoyed this story, well done!
orene treke chapter 6 . 8/20/2010
Hey there. Really enjoying your story. Don't usually read AU stuff but yours is intriguing. Possibly because it sits somewhere between AU and canon. I like how you parallel your characters characteristics with those in the canon world.

I also like the way you are pacing the story. Keeps it interesting.

Only one criticism and it's probably not a big issue. But something didn't sit right with the way the story reads. It took me a while to figure it out. The story is about English characters set in Great Britain, but it reads very American. Eg) English people don't call their mothers Mom. It's always Mum. also they don't drink "sodas". they drink...well it depends on what part of Britain you're in...sometimes soft drink, sometimes gingers, sometimes fizzies, but never sodas.

I'm a firm believer that you should write according to where you set your story. I know it's not easy. I've written several stories in "Brokeback Mountain" universe and "Covenant", and I'm a Kiwi living in New Zealand!

As I said, probably a small niggle, but it does help to make a story more believable.

But I'm not letting it stop me reading and enjoying more of your story.

Keep up the good work!
Steve2 chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
This is an excellent beginning. I love it! I can't wait to read more of it. This is definately going to my favorites.
Elfish Etyma chapter 17 . 11/12/2009
I cried at the end chapter. (I've sat in one sitting and read this!) And I can't help but feel so so soo sorry for Harry. It was so brilliantly done that I could even ignore the slight Ginny/Harry and just let my thoughts stay on the Draco/Harry P I hope Harry goes back one day. That was heartbreaking, I don't think I could give something like that up, not when I've dreamed of it from being a child. I just wanna hug Harry. (It amused me that the other Harry was a spoiled, poncy little prick, btw) ... this was amazing. And I'm sure it's a tale that I'll read and re-read throughout the years. Even if you did break my heart. Life is so mean for poor Harry. (
YAOIFanaticYAOI chapter 15 . 9/12/2009
No Drarry! I'm gonna go and cry now!
1QwErTy2 chapter 12 . 9/12/2009
Wah! Me want DRARRY! :(
12345678910111213141516171819 chapter 10 . 9/12/2009
The whole boyfriend thing is driving me insane! I want more Drarry! lols, I'm sure u have a plan though, :)