Reviews for Nocturne
sagebrushandthistle chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Very nice. I liked how you cut Edward's thoughts short, but it seemed purposeful, not sharp. I disliked how you used all Russian-sounding composers. We've been doing a bit of a unit on Russians in my World Lit class, and books like Crime and Punishment and The Cherry Orchard have made me a bit uncharitable to Russian-sounding names... especially when they belong to artists of some kind :D

I'm just kidding there, of course, but I did enjoy this piece. I also liked how we got some insight to Edward as a teenager, instead of the rather fatherly, steady character we see a lot in the actual series (which I think is mostly because it's from Bella's viewpoint...). It made Eddie breaking into Bella's house and watching her sleep significantly less creepy, and more, "oh, totally desperate teenager, okay".

Fabulous job.
Christobel Cullen chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
"He can't remember the last time he touched a human for any purpose other than to kill them." Such a good point!
carbrain chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
What a lovely character study. Introspective, insightful, intimate.

I especially enjoyed the cyclical nature of the story. The recurring line of Edward not remembering the last time he has touched someone other than to kill them. It was so poetic and so true to his character - the progression from beginning to end was very believable.

Thank you. Your one-shots blow me away.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Very introspective. Edward's mind is always an interesting place. And your family ususally knows long before you do that you're in love.
chanson pour l'hiver chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
So beautiful :)
twilluminescence chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
I know this is an old story, but I have to tell you that your writing style is capture the very escence of Stephenie's vision , and I hope you do more work with these characters.

xoxo twilluminescence I have a fanfic account, but my computer is choosing to be difficult tonight.
alisa231 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Wow. This was a gem.

The format, the language -everything was so very Edwardian. You nailed his characterization in this piece. The subtle shifts in his character [especially towards the end] were beautiful.

The music references were amazing. I'm surprised more authors don't incorporate them when writing Edward -music is such an intrinsic part of who he is.

Thank you for sharing this. It was poetic and lovely. )
Naymee chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
So beautiful. You are very talented.
Gilligan chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Oh my goodness. This story was amazing. I officially love it. You totally nailed the whole "Edward-is-torn-and-confused-but-realizes-that-he-loves-Bella" thing. I was totally swept up with your writing style! It felt like all of this was actually being thought, and I can totally picture Edward sitting in that big room in the middle of the night playing his piano. Yay! I'm really glad that I decided to read this. I know it's no help for me to just praise the story, but I honestly can't come up with anything to criticize.
Fantastical Fwooper chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
confused, conflicted Edward- what fun! your writing style is really nice... im jealous :D
Viridis73 chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
You know, you really shouldn't promise things like that! Again, I loved it.
ULTRAnumb chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
O! This was just beautiful! So perfectly written and well thought out. Seemed to be wonderfully in character for Edward. So sweet and poignant. Eaily one of my fave fanfics ever! You should write more like this, like his feelings behind certain scenes from the other books. That would be awesome!
Lise Steiner chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
So well written and honest with his character, so perfect in a million different ways, all those little, flawlessly developed details. I'm absolutely amazed by the beauty and the singularity of this. Not praising this would be impossible. Congratulations.

By the way, I really like the songs you used for him to play, but my chosen one for this was Reverie, by Debussy. Matched so well for me, just made the experience better.
ThoroughlyConsumed chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
That was beautiful. Truly beautiful.

I love to read fanfictions where Edward is this well-developed. It's hard to find something to read where he isn't really superficial.

I loved how you dove into the emotion and showed how confused and tortured he was.

So anyways, extremely well-written and keep up the good work. :D

-T.C.
miss-blanche chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
Edward at his piano? Pardon me if the thought renders me incapable of writing out this review :) This was really fantastic (as your stuff always is) and I thought the quotes dotted through it really added to the effect. It flowed perfectly with them. Graet work!