Reviews for Arrested Ancestry
carzla chapter 5 . 6/18/2009
So I was wondering whether I'd find anyone trying to explain how Nero got his Devil Bringer, and bam, I find this story. It is made of awesome and win.

Damn, I love all the interaction between the characters. I couldn't help but giggle whenever Lady checks out Nero and finding him similar to a young Dante, and then later, to Vergil, and how Nero gets pissed because of it.

Dante and Vergil's conversations were just full of love; I have a major soft spot for twins. I didn't particularly mind that this chapter was largely conversation and plot building, it was really interesting to see how you explained Vergil's actions. Love it that he's not using Nero's body just because he wanted more power.

Glad that you regained interest in the story. It'd be a shame to see it unfinished, although wandering muses are pretty common. Hope to see an update soon~!
Lady Kypria chapter 5 . 6/15/2009
Damnit, you are such a tease! First you draw us in with this remarkably well crafted story that's just brimming with good characterization. Then you lose interest. Which is understandable. As writers, we go where our muse takes us. But then, when we least expect, you return to drop another fine chapter on us. Not only was it informative and entertaining, it also had what has to be one of the best lines I've ever seen in any story

"On the up, though, it’s full of drama and sexy anecdotes. With me in them.”

Funny enough comming from one guy to another. But comming from Dante to another guy is just priceless.

So please, don't leave us hanging again. It just isn't right. If you won't do it for us, do it for Dante. Do you have any idea what other writers are doing to him? If they're not turning him into some sappy romance novel hero so he can fall for their super awesomely tragic OC, they're making him 'set up shop' with Nero. Or worse, Lady (insert cheeky grin here). Seriously though, you've made all the characters live up to the reps they've been given, and you've made Kyrie and Nero an interesting and worthwhile addition to the DMC world. I'd understand if your muse never inspired another chapter of this, but it would be a damn shame, it really would.

...I think this is the longest review I've ever written.
IVIaedhros chapter 5 . 5/18/2009
Interesting, if expected twist in having Vergil come over to the lightside. How you explain his motivations is going to be critical because you seem to be leaning away from this being a simple power-grab...so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you do. I wonder, are you gonna go for ensemble fic' or are we going to focus on the magnificent trio...on the one hand, I'd prefer the depth you're able to give a la Nightingale with concentrating on few characters. On the other hand, I'd really like to see the ladies getting some action, especially Lady.
Porkiechops chapter 5 . 5/12/2009
Shit...this story kicks assD

its probably second or third fiction about dmc that aint gay D

i realy like the plot whats going on and i hope you will update it soon )
Houkaru Kisaragi chapter 5 . 5/9/2009
Wo?

Vergil's part in chapter 4 is seriously awesome, especially the cocoa! Splendid idea, truly fantastic!

And... does the queen actually lusts Dante? That's interesting, i can see it!

The queen, falling into Dante's arm, succumbing to her pain as she held onto the devil hunter's face. The warmth of his cheek and the stunning eyes of his blazed her lust to the roof!

Oh yes!... . .. So... how she looks like?
Devil Rebel chapter 5 . 5/4/2009
nice to see you back at this one. keep it up
USWeasilgirl chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
yes dante you were!
lazyguy90 chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
F #king A. Man this story is pure badassery. Glad you updated, hope the next one comes a bit sooner. Keep on rocking y'hear?
Zhee chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
Why? This story & this chapter is very interestin'

This chapter making me imagine if Leinth kidnap Nero to use the Devil Bringer, then Verge or Dante or both of them will save him!

Sorry 4 bad review but I'm liking your story so much! x
Akuma no Kaze chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
Im deeply satisfied to note that your writing abilities and this story have not gone to waste. I'm also pleased to note that I had a small part in hopefully refreshing your intrest in this story. This chap was good if not a little boring but I think it was completely necssary in explaining how Nero came to hold the power of Verg and the devil bringer. I do hope Verg will have a bigger role in this story but I will continue to read either way. I hope you will continue to update I will try to review(psp sux)
DustBunnyQueen chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
LOL I love this chapter! 'Poster boy for Tourettes'?...as a person who has Tourettes I find that...freaking hilarious! I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. By the way...when talking about Tourettes and its symptoms, the word is 'tic' not 'tick'. Just thought you'd like to know that little tidbit. Please update soon and keep up the excellent work!
Kokiiru-kun chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
What type of Devil queen is she? You go TO the guy who’s supposed to be trying to kill you? I wouldn't be surprised if she either possesses Kyrie or kills everyone in Devil May Cry. And for a chapter that over 80% speech, it held the plot well and actually moved it forward. Most people smother their stories whenever they let characters talk to much so congrats on not doing that. This is one of the more creative and original DMC fics so I'm looking forward to getting new chapters *gives puppy eyes*
Bakageta chapter 5 . 5/1/2009
This continues to be The Best Thing Ever. The characters, the descriptions, the plot... It is all wonderful. Oh, and the banter! This could consist entirely of banter and I would still love it.

A few things: "But by all means, due try." I believe you mean 'do try.' and I'm pretty sure you didn't mean "9uckweed".

Everything else is very nice. Bad Thing are occurring, and I have a feeling that Dante and Nero might not like whats happening down at the shop. That is if they realize anything is happening at all.

~Bakageta
Akuma no Kaze chapter 4 . 4/30/2009
Please write I dont normaly conduct reviews but I had to make an exception I dont know if your still on this site or if your still working on this story but either way it does not matter please I beg of you update this story its too good to just leave it and it would be just a waste of a good story and excellent writing abilities. I may not always review after this if you decide to update but know this, I will always keep up with your story as long as their's always a new chap. FYI this was done on my psp.
bubblygoo chapter 4 . 4/15/2009
What a great story, with interesting, clear plot and nice character portrayal. I love Dante's interaction with Trish, although his relationship with her isn't entirely clear, though that's understandable.
88 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »