Reviews for Arrested Ancestry
Akuma no Kaze chapter 4 . 4/30/2009
Please write I dont normaly conduct reviews but I had to make an exception I dont know if your still on this site or if your still working on this story but either way it does not matter please I beg of you update this story its too good to just leave it and it would be just a waste of a good story and excellent writing abilities. I may not always review after this if you decide to update but know this, I will always keep up with your story as long as their's always a new chap. FYI this was done on my psp.
bubblygoo chapter 4 . 4/15/2009
What a great story, with interesting, clear plot and nice character portrayal. I love Dante's interaction with Trish, although his relationship with her isn't entirely clear, though that's understandable.
Crimson chapter 4 . 3/18/2009
Hey, just another person asking you to update. Love the story.
Bakageta chapter 4 . 3/9/2009
So, I've reached the end for now... All I can really say is that this just keeps getting better and better. Every bit of dialogue and description is fantastic! It's good to know that, barring Vergil causing his death, Nero will be coming back. I imagine he'd have... interesting... things to say.

Can't really think of anything to say that doesn't consist of unintelligible happy noises and gestures.

I patiently await the next chapter!

Bakageta chapter 3 . 3/9/2009
Ahh... This is so very good. Bad Things are happening to Nero, hopefully not permanently as I'm very fond of him. I wonder what Vergil's gonna do once he has complete control.

The characterization's are still fantastic, even if I do want to smack some sense into both Dante and Nero.

Now I'm on to the next chapter.

Bakageta chapter 2 . 3/9/2009
All of my gushing for the first chapter applies here as well. In addition, Lady! Another character I was neutral on, and you go ahead and make me like her as well!

What I'm really looking forward to is some Dante and Nero or some more Vergil and Nero interaction.

With that, I move onward!

Bakageta chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Words cannot express how much I love you for this. After trudging through bad and mediocre DMC fics for the better part of a day, finding this has reduced me to a happy state of laughter and smiles.

The characters are all perfectly and believably written, and the banter between them is wonderful. I usually like my DMC fics gen, mainly because normal romance does not fit into DMC-land and most authors try to use the normal romance elements. None of the DMC characters will ever be particularly soppy and sweet with each other, they just don't work that way. But the way you wrote them makes me believe that, yes, these characters care for each other. You made me like Kyrie and Trish, where before I was very neutral on them.

And the bit with Vergil at the end made me smile as well, even though I'm not particularly fond of him. The descriptions were fantastic, especially the part about 'grabbing someone's arm'.

Now I'm off to read the rest!

Lacrease chapter 4 . 2/21/2009
This is a truly impressive work. You're attention to detail is superb, and the life that you put into these characters is astounding. I especially love the rich character that you gave to Kyrie-something she was truly missing in DMC4.

I have enjoyed reading and re-reading the chapters you posted thus far, and I look forward to the future chapters.
lazyguy90 chapter 4 . 1/27/2009
...F #k me this is one badass story! Holy crap! No joke, this is the absolute coolest friggin DMC story I've read yet! Damn... Man, I hope you update this soon, keep at it!
Devil Rebel chapter 4 . 1/19/2009
wow, nice. keep it up
Kokiiru-kun chapter 4 . 1/19/2009
This story is PRICELESS! I love the way you portray Vergil- you've made him seem humane while still managing to keep that stick shoved way, way, up there. - And Nero and Kyrie have a well defined relationship- not sure how she's gonna take having him possesed by Dante's thought to be dead brother though... And the fight scenes are really well done. Can't wait for a new chapter!
A Flying Tomato chapter 4 . 1/19/2009
Gotta love those bickering brother moments

And a cliffhanger? Now that's just messed up
DustBunnyQueen chapter 4 . 1/12/2009
Damn son! Methinks Dante is going to join in on the devil hunt! If so, will there be another 'Jackpot' moment? I always DID love how those two interacted, and you seemed to get that perfectly! Great job! update soon!
Lord Europe chapter 2 . 1/12/2009
Well I'm happy to see you can take constructive criticism and not just flat out reject it.

It's entirerly possible that there only is one profanity as I myself can't seem to find any other profanities other then the last one. It just stuck out like a lightning strike on a clear day to me.

It might have been justified in the situation but I've always seen Vergil as the exact opposite of Dante in the language department at least. While Dante is no stranger to swearing or using, shall we say a somewhat rudimentary vocabulary Vergil prides himself on being classy, a cut above the rest.

So don't fear, there are probably not any other cuss words in the chapter. I guess I just wanted to give you my advice on Vergil for future chapters.
Acerbus Wings chapter 4 . 1/12/2009
I said this before but I'll say it again, I love you characterization and how your building off the initial characters. I will treasure the image of a tight ass like Vergil sipping away hot chocolate with strawberry shots.

I like how simple Vergil's goals are in this (or so they seem). I was kinda dreading it'd turn out to be just him wanting more power or wrecking so much havoc that Dante would have to kill him (and Nero) but this makes way more sense given what is known about Vergil's character. I'm guessing Leinth is the Lady in White that Kyrie and Nero remember?

Anyway, nice job,