Reviews for Of Photons and Storms
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
i relly really loved this ... :-)
LadyDaath chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
I'm not sure on how I feel about this story. I consider myself a RoLo fan, but I'm a OreO fan before that. I also enjoyed Storm and BP's marriage, more than others. I just thought it was nice to have two powerful black heroes together in a healthy relationship. But that was all short lived. I felt that Storm was trying to justify her relationship with BP in this fic. Honestly I felt that there were some salty lines in here. I think I may just stick to just reading your OreO stories.
The author chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
To Anon, I'm not quite sure you read my response to Obama in which I asked for clarification since I'd only browsed through the comic and didn't buy it. I have to say this isn't a RoLo story and as I mentioned before I'm aware which Monica is which. I thought I recalled T'Challa asking several women to marry him, one of them being Monica so I'm glad you explained it was only one woman he half-heartedly asked before he decided to ask Ororo. That was indeed the clarification I was looking for and I stand corrected.

Now, as far as Ororo being shown as a damsel in distress it is an established fact that when she met the Panther as a young girl she rescued him. It wasn't the other way around. I'm not sure why Quesada, Hudlin and Dickey turned that around but it definitely made Ororo look weak and put her in the position of needing to be saved, thus my comment about the damsel in distress. I won't even get into the sexual relationship they established between them.

I did not say she continued to be portrayed like that in the comics. Now, if they had kept the same first meeting and had a reasonable build up to the marriage and certainly the porposal I feel a lot of Storm fans like myself would've been more receptive to the marriage as why wouldn't we want her to be in the limelight? Even BP fans thought it was rushed and let's face it if a man asked another woman a few days before he asked you to marry him that wouldn't necessarily be considered romantic.

Alas, we're probably never agree but that's fine. We're all entitled to our own opinions. I appreciate that you gave me the information I asked for.
anon chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
You're...not very bright. BP did not propose to "a few" women. He proposed to ONE woman, half-heartedly. As for you saying that Hudlin has turned Storm into a damsel in distress, it's obvious that you've never read the book. Try doing that before you pull such an idiotic move as confusing Photon with Monica Lynne. No wonder nobody takes "Rolo" fans seriously.
Darlin chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
I never reply to reviews like this but I did want to clarify some things with the last reviewer. It's been a while since I read the Black Panther comic but from what I recall T'Challa actually asked a few women to marry him, including Monica Rambeau, before he got around to Ororo. I realize he once was engaged to the other Monica, and in fact that she seemed to be the love of his life but I don't know what happened to break them up or what happened to her. Now, if I'm wrong please let me know because as I said it's been a long time since I read the comic and that specific issue was while I was browsing through comics in my local comic book store. I didn't actually buy it, couldn't bare to though I really like T'Challa. I just dislike Hudlin's retcon turning Storm into the damsel in distress at their first meeting and Dickey's (is that the author's name) retcon of having her lose her virginity at the absurd young age of 12. Beyond ridiculous.

I'm getting upset just thinking about all that. My story was a way for me to let off a little steam in a silly way. I enjoyed Nextwave and hated to see it canceled and I miss Ororo with the X-Men and hate her new back story. I also absolutely hate the lack of build up to her wedding and the way the Panther went about it. And that's what fan fiction's all about, rant, rave, retcon anyway you like and why not as Marvel does too? But I'm sorry if it's confusing. I just wanted to portray two of my favorite super women as I see them, rather forgotten by their old teams and having T'Challa in common, not that this Monica was involved with T'Challa but the proposal nonsense. Hope that clears up some of your concerns and thank you for your feedback. I definitely would like to know if I'm wrong about the porposal.
Obama 09 chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
I was confused the entire story. It seemed as if you got two characters confused or mixed up. Black Panther proposed to Moninca Lynn, the singer, not Monic Rambeau, the Avenger. These are two totally different characters and T'Challa never had a romantic relationship with Monica Rambeau, aka Photon or Pulsar. Did you do this deliberately or are you not a BP reader and made a mistake based on faulty information?
Storm Fan chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
This is a first. Good story.
WrapMeInYourArms chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Monica's funny. Storm seems like she's trying to defend her relationship with the Black Panther. Thumbs up.
Nienna Rose chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Finally a Storm solo story w/out any romance. I like it. What is Nextwave tho u lost me there?
Isis Aurora Tomoe chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Very cool...I always wondered what Storm would say to another 'super sister'...and Monica is quite upfront and open. I loved them both when I was growing up...partly because they kicked ass, and partly because they looked similar to me! So thanks for the short story, it was funny! Especially the ending...T'Challa is so in for it!