Reviews for Eclipsed
Fayet chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Wonderful. The way you entangled the moon eclipse with the dialogue between Elrond and Estel, the description of the room, it all came together beautifully.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
That was a good story.
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Great piece! I enjoyed it! :)
F-35 Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Nice. This was so cute! and really sad...

I've actually just returned from a trip to China, South Korea, and Japan for the "Eclipse of the Century", the longest total Solar Eclipse (6:48.5) ever seen or predicted. Its all in Asia this year, I guess.
elrond peredhel chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
aww this is really sweet!
Elemarth chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
This is a great little story. I've also wondered how he would feel to be the only human around, and I can't stand how perfect the elves are, much as I love them. I liked seeing Elrond be a father, and even though I don't believe there are donuts in Middle Earth, I think that was a cute touch.
Lady-Roisin chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
This is such a wonderful stories in so many ways, easily one of my favorites. You did a wonderful job on this!
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
This was sweet! It's nice to see such a caring side of Elrond with regard to young Estel. It must have been hard for him, growing up the sole mortal in the midst of Elven perfection. ;)
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
This was very cute Cal! I loved it when little Estel cried that the moon is coming back - maybe he felt that his own eclipse would come to an end one day and he will come out of the shadows.

I've seen a total solar eclipse once (never a lunar) and it was quite a sight.

Good luck in the contest!

Star
Virtuella chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
I like your crisp prose and the general atmosphere of this piece. The eclipse symbol works well. It's a lovely touch to let a child learn that perfection doesn't make people lovable.

Lots of typos - a beta wouldn't come amiss. ;-)
HT chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
That was beautiful thank you.
Nosterineth chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Wonderful story, Cal! I love it! Very touching, I love little Estel. Keep writing!

I wouldn't mind seeing some of your sketches, though. *grin*
Oleanne chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Wonderful, poignant story. How difficult to only see 'perfect' grown elves all the time - it must sure seem to Estel that he is the only one who makes mistakes. Elrond's words of wisdom and his love for Estel were beautiful.

Thanks for the story.
Minerva Organa chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
One word: ADORABLE. And rather moving, too. Okay, that was more than one word... :-P

Point being, this was a wonderful story that I enjoyed very much. A very realistic portrayal of a young Estel/Elrond.
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Very sweet story. Of course elves would seem perfect to Estel; it would be hard not to be frustrated by beings who were so physically superior. Your Elrond did a good job explaining imperfection. :-)