Reviews for Shadowland
Ophium chapter 9 . 1/1/2009
This a really well thought-out, structured, intriguing and edge-of-the-seat story! Loved it... and the whole story line of Dean finding another small pocket of normal life only to have it snatched away... loved it!
Ster1 chapter 9 . 1/1/2009
Sorry for not leaving a review for each chapter but I just wanted you to know this was a simply terrific story. Very well written with a totally different setting for both the boys and readers. You used such detail: it felt so real, you know? And I love the way you tied it so wonderfully to Dean's time in Hell and Sam being haunted by his inability to save his brother.

Kudos! (and Happy New Year!)
kogsy21 chapter 9 . 12/31/2008
This was fantastic! So glad you posted the link at LJ. You write well and the story was intriguing - complex but so good. And a different sort of story, too. Loved it!
Harrigan chapter 9 . 12/31/2008
hell of an ending! (I'd say more about it, but I don't want to spoil anyone who reads reviews before they read the chapter, as I sometimes do.)

So many things I could say, but reading a fic this long takes something out of the reader! So I only have a few brain cells left for commenting.

It's a treat to read a casefic that involves a creature that couldn't be done in an aired episode. Special effects/budget constraints were no obstacle to you. You painted an incredibly vivid creature and a wonderful mythology and OCs to support it.

Above all, you gave us heart-stopping action and suspense and danger and yet it's all about the brothers and their relationship and the challenges to that. It's the heart of the show and the heart of your fic and you aced it.
mtee1958 chapter 6 . 12/31/2008
Great story - of course Dean can't be happy and in love! He never gets that lucky. Poor sweetie.
iyalode chapter 6 . 12/29/2008
Only just found this story. I'm really enjoying it, you're OCs are great and the plot is fascinating. Can't wait to see where you take it from here.
Zatnikatel chapter 6 . 12/28/2008
This is such a great story: unlike any I’ve read lately. What a way to take the boys out of their comfort zone while still having them stay in character! ;-)
Harrigan chapter 6 . 12/28/2008
Interesting transition - from the heart-pounding action / suspense of the last chapter, to this, where the brothers are safe and yet... cogs are turning and tension is building regarding the actual plot and why they are there and what they are supposed to do.

And now there's a distance between them, more tension and conflict, just like The Show so often does.

Thanks for such good, meaty chapters! More please.
Harrigan chapter 5 . 12/28/2008
You really have a way with action scenes! Can't wait for the next chapter! And there it is!
Harrigan chapter 3 . 12/14/2008
I may wait till this is complete to pick it up again, but I gave it a trial run this morning, and two thumbs up so far! Definitely worth coming back for more!

(I need to learn to get better at commenting when I like fic, and I need to get better at being specific. So I'll try here. One thing that really struck me is how clean your writing style is. It's the equivalent of saying that good acting is when you don't realize you're watching good acting. You're just lost in the moment, the character, the scene, instead of being distracted by the performance. Your writing is like that - and that's a rare treat at this website.)
Ster1 chapter 3 . 12/13/2008
This doesn't sound good for the boys! Love how you describe their transition to the Shadowland and how everything is so foreign. And to be vulnerable and naked in a place they dont' understand...yikes.

Another awesome chapter!
Zatnikatel chapter 2 . 12/7/2008
Like this! And wold have had a whole bunch of no doubt insightful comments if I could get any further than the visual of Jensen Ackles in a cowboy hat… oh, and fringed buckskin chaps… hope you continue!
Ster1 chapter 2 . 12/7/2008
This story has such an otherworldly feel to it; even from such mundane description of breakfast seems somehow the brothers' being out of place, out of their element. Your OCs are well drawn and so real, with their own strengths and faults. I wanted to smack Grampa, while I empathetized with his rationale. Curious why Sam feels so worried and poor Dean, trying so hard to keep moving and forget. Great job!
Nilah chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Great opening! Makes me want to read more...soon!

Loved this line and all the feeling it conveys about the boys' relationship, "...prompting Dean to ask, “Sammy?” just because he wanted to hear his name. And he wanted to hear it without the underlying tension or anger that had marked most of their trip."
golden starfish chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
Hurrah! Great to see another SPN fic by you. :D

An intriguing start with a great sense of foreboding. *EG* I'm really looking forward to reading more.

I'm curious, how many chapters do you think this fic might end up being? It feels like it could be a long(ish) one.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »